What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Haze discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Intermission...lol

Purple Haze,all in my brain :)

Click image for larger version  Name:	20210909_124937.jpg Views:	0 Size:	135.7 KB ID:	17938919
wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

The acrylic colors of abstract Haze

Hz - Click image for larger version  Name:	image_2070042.jpg Views:	5 Size:	150.1 KB ID:	17938920

I recycled a canvas this morning and started this painting...not ready yet

Fluid art is very relaxing :biggrin:

Last edited:

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Don't take it seriously, I was ironic, ;) if it's true Original Haze, it's Original Haze (4 way sativa, or columbian), otherwise it's a hybrid ...
Some say it is Colombian Gold dominant ...

Which leads me back to my original question. Does any know what seedsman OH was made from? Labeling seeds OH can mean a lot.

Intresting quote......
That's quote I put up from sam himself tells you why.....

If they are all hybrids I guess we will never know. That's so sad.. I don't like not knowing what's in plants we like breeding with.

Tom Hill

Veteran
So what haze lines did you smoke in Holland...?coffee shop weed...? Thanks

I think sam has already told us about the haze he himself made for posi..... they paid for the female plant haze#19 only....ther haze was made from this......sam himself also edited a post in this thread ....were some one put thh in the pure haze section they had wrote up....sam went an moved it to the haze hybrid section....

Yes i smoked a lot of coffee shop haze there was only 1 or 2 shops that carried it "pure" and it was straight teak leather and pretty trippy.

Naw man the haze 19 and hybs came later and were labled as such. Sam has said in the past he gave them o haze seeds no takesy backys lol.

The only haze hybrids they had back then was orange 1 x haze and sk1 x haze, then the grip of original haze seed they had. This as well as that sk1 "hand pollinated by the skunkman" all came from sam and was not the work of posi at all.

same goes for the thai x haze hybrid stuff, all of that came more than a decade later. This what i grow at the time was refered to as original haze by sam and everyone else.

Trust me if any of that soapy perfumy dutch weed showed itself upon recombination i would have ditched that haze line decades ago - it is straight tropic sally zero doubt.

my only horse in the race is that you guys not be intentionally duped out of pursuing what i believe to be the best ever haze. I've not done anything with it in over a decade and have no plans to. That lumbo heavy one been done to death globally and the thai heavy one was better and seems far more in danger of being lost.

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
Which leads me back to my original question. Does any know what seedsman OH was made from? Labeling seeds OH can mean a lot.

If they are all hybrids I guess we will never know. That's so sad.. I don't like not knowing what's in plants we like breeding with.

There should be different selections of the same strain, therefore of the same genetics ... Of course the current offerings of nirvana, h.fantaseeds or tfd are blatantly hybridized, but the other versions are ok

TheDarkStorm

Yes i smoked a lot of coffee shop haze there was only 1 or 2 shops that carried it "pure" and it was straight teak leather and pretty trippy.

Naw man the haze 19 and hybs came later and were labled as such. Sam has said in the past he gave them o haze seeds no takesy backys lol.

The only haze hybrids they had back then was orange 1 x haze and sk1 x haze, then the grip of original haze seed they had. This as well as that sk1 "hand pollinated by the skunkman" all came from sam and was not the work of posi at all.

same goes for the thai x haze hybrid stuff, all of that came more than a decade later. This what i grow at the time was refered to as original haze by sam and everyone else.

Trust me if any of that soapy perfumy dutch weed showed itself upon recombination i would have ditched that haze line decades ago - it is straight tropic sally zero doubt.

my only horse in the race is that you guys not be intentionally duped out of pursuing what i believe to be the best ever haze. I've not done anything with it in over a decade and have no plans to. That lumbo heavy one been done to death globally and the thai heavy one was better and seems far more in danger of being lost.

Thanks for the reply........something else that could help some people.....with your haze work is there anything in particular to look for to identify the best phenotypes...those ones you consider special.

Also have you ever tried to find a combination within your line that produces more consistent results....meaning trying to get to a stage were at least we get 50-70,% ov seeds giving plants you would grade as in a more uper tier.....thanks man.

Tom Hill

Veteran
Thanks for the reply........something else that could help some people.....with your haze work is there anything in particular to look for to identify the best phenotypes...those ones you consider special.

Also have you ever tried to find a combination within your line that produces more consistent results....meaning trying to get to a stage were at least we get 50-70,% ov seeds giving plants you would grade as in a more uper tier.....thanks man.

I always try to germinate way more than i can grow and then cull leaving only the ones with resinous meristems to finish. The good ones it seems will nearly always have sticky stalks already around the time of sexing. The old saying though stands true your favorite will change 3 times throughout. Once sometime late veg once at harvest then once more in the pipe.

I have tried to narrow in on elite genotypes (via backcrossing and selfing) but with haze it just seems to go nowhere and that is the riddle of haze more than any other it seems the more you touch it the worse it gets. It is very frustrating to say the least and i can only conclude that the extreme complex terpenoid combos that bring true excellence are just so complex that the maths are overwhelming.

In otherwords selfing elite phenotypes and recurrent parents in backcrossing programs seem to bring you no closer to the goal than open pollination. So i have given up on the former.

RingtailCanyon

I always try to germinate way more than i can grow and then cull leaving only the ones with resinous meristems to finish. The good ones it seems will nearly always have sticky stalks already around the time of sexing. The old saying though stands true your favorite will change 3 times throughout. Once sometime late veg once at harvest then once more in the pipe.

I have tried to narrow in on elite genotypes (via backcrossing and selfing) but with haze it just seems to go nowhere and that is the riddle of haze more than any other it seems the more you touch it the worse it gets. It is very frustrating to say the least and i can only conclude that the extreme complex terpenoid combos that bring true excellence are just so complex that the maths are overwhelming.

In otherwords selfing elite phenotypes and recurrent parents in backrossing programs seem to bring you no closer to the goal than open pollination. So i have given up on the former.

Volatile

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Lol...I was thinking the same....

what you got going on over ther Donald....any secrets haze projects on the go.?

yea but just hybrids darkie,
still got the nevils haze and fat and thin mango haze running ,
smells delicious , lots of resin ,
and the punters just love the stuff ,

probably churn out some mango haze seed ,
that ibl stuff , do another generation of it ,
hard to have enough mango haze around ,
that stuff is primo head stash ....

Tom Hill

Veteran
i'd warn folk to eat their meat as well before diving into their pudding. Always always always do the open pollination first and burry that seed deep prior to diving into hybrid investigation. Hybrids do not improve haze - they mearly pick up the slack on the overwhelming hay population. I can see how it may seem to folk (l33t, sam, nevil et al... lol) that this is an improvement but it is an illusion haha.

harvestreaper

Veteran
i'd warn folk to eat their meat as well before diving into their pudding. Always always always do the open pollination first and burry that seed deep prior to diving into hybrid investigation. Hybrids do not improve haze - they mearly pick up the slack on the overwhelming hay population. I can see how it may seem to folk (l33t, sam, nevil et al... lol) that this is an improvement but it is an illusion haha.

interesting ,good advice ,,,,crosses always produce standout individuals ,,the more pure each half of cross is the bigger the bang ,,if only one half pure ish and the other a 5 way hybrid the bang gonna be more fartlike,,,so sam nevil an co aint wrong but its a one hit wonder an individual your gonna get not a line improvement as you say your not gonna improve haze by crossing it but dont think that was the goal and its proven the hybrids very popular with masses ,,nevilles nl5 x haze was the king in that respect, timing and comp played a part to but noneless was epic sure wernt my favorite kinda haze hybrid or the best imo but it was the best with the public of the haze hybrids as to popularity i guess ammo taken over now can smell everywere here in uk and as far as high goes that another backward step from haze imo so how can we improve haze interesting what you say about your experiences with selfing etc you ever tried crossing out to another haze line then breeding back into yours maybe through an individual you think possesses traits your line dont an could improve it ??/

Status
Not open for further replies.