What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Haze discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My Diablo LED has a UV-B bar on it. I have another UV-B bar for the other LED I have yet to install. I think I'm gonna skip that install lol. I already have plenty of UV-b already. Adding more would not be wise.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Not sure why any one would add harmful components to a grow space.

UV-C is blocked from entering so it is not even part of the light spectrum we have on earth.

UV-B is low in the light spectrum also.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Back to Haze.

I dont read to many talking about Sk x Haze and yet its in very famous lines like Super Silver Haze and Mango Haze to name just two.

I know Nevil made 2 versions SkxHazeC and a SkxHazeA.

Super Sativa Seed Club Haze that they have had for years is a SkxHz not sure but i think it could be from Sam.

I also know Sam released a SkxHz i think as freebies but not 100% if they were free or were sold.

I have a version i was lucky to get 2002 i think as test seed from shanti.

Would love to hear of any that have had experiences with the SkxHaze .

...CR500AF...

Hammer good info thank you.

Im with ya hempy i got three in cups out of a baggie of my older brother's collection(he passed away a few years ago), any info on this line would be cool...:)
This collection came out of his fridge in a old players tobacco tin little baggies with seed, bit of masking tape and scribble lol.
With all this Haze talk i went through it found this baggie, thought what the hell lets give em a go...:)

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Hammer good info thank you.

Im with ya hempy i got three in cups out of a baggie of my older brother's collection(he passed away a few years ago), any info on this line would be cool...:)
This collection came out of his fridge in a old players tobacco tin little baggies with seed, bit of masking tape and scribble lol.
With all this Haze talk i went through it found this baggie, thought what the hell lets give em a go...:)

I have experience with the SkxHz but wanted others to contribute to this conversation but let me tell you this the SkxHz line will not disappoint you.

Sorry to hear about your brother CR.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Ok hemp i get that, you didn't want a first timer on this strain wasn't trying to offend...:)

Thank you, my brother was a fun dude...:)

No not at all CR i dont know were you got that impression from. I am happy to share info and my experiences with the line and other things with any one but odds are i will be targeted yet again and i am over it.So until this is sorted i will sit back.

Would prefer others join in and i participated.

...CR500AF...

Not trying to start anything here i would be glad for any advise you may have with them, i got the impression you where just looking to talk to people that have already ran them is all, sorry for the confusion...:)

acespicoli

Don't let them change ya, oh
Or even rearrange ya, oh, no
-Bob Marley , :rtfo:;)

Could you be loved and be loved?

Don't let them fool ya
Or even try to school ya, oh, no
We've got a mind of our own

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
UV-B is in all hid bulbs. All HID bulb manufactures make their bulbs to the specs of their customers. HPS and MH have UV-B. CMH was made to mimic the sun, it has more UV-B.. It is currently the closes spectrum to the sun there is. HID bulbs use Quarts that allow UV-B to pass through. Keep in mind these levels are far lower than what the sun produces. LED vendors had to add them or not. Many LED vendors add UV-B diodes.. HLG doesn't add them on the boards BUT they do sell an addon UV-B bar, so does Gavita. Although HIDs have the potential to cause serious UV radiation, they rarely do. However, with LED lighting the amount of UV radiation emitted is negligible. The small amount of UV they may give off is negated by phosphor coatings used to provide the bright white light which makes them so useful. As they do not use the same quartz fixtures of HIDs, their very design means they are much more resilient to physical damage. They do not need the same reinforcement and are much less likely to cause any exposure. As stated, even if they did break, they would not cause the same damage as HIDs. All plant life uses UV-B. The question was how much was too much.

Last edited:

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
UV-A has the longest wavelength, is the least harmful to the human eye and is the most efficient. Most of the UV-A radiation emitted from the sun passes through the ozone layer and, thus, it is the most abundant form of ultraviolet.

UV-C wavelengths are usually filtered out through the ozone layer and are not usually present in sunlight.

My point is by adding say UV-C to any light YOU are not replicating natural sun light or is adding extra UV-B.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Gonna question the statement that uvb is not needed by plants. It is part of the spectrum and in high altitude or close to the equator areas it is pretty high I think. I have added it before but not sure what effect if any it had. It did seem the plants matured a bit faster with it. uvc might be useful but hard to deal with. uva I have no idea. You might have to mix the two to get the desired result. The sun seems to be a much better bet in any case. In the summer I put the indoor plants out for a sunning during the middle of the day if possible, for at least a couple days at the end of flower or close to it. Not legal here.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Gonna question the statement that uvb is not needed by plants. It is part of the spectrum and in high altitude or close to the equator areas it is pretty high I think. I have added it before but not sure what effect if any it had. It did seem the plants matured a bit faster with it. uvc might be useful but hard to deal with. uva I have no idea. You might have to mix the two to get the desired result. The sun seems to be a much better bet in any case. In the summer I put the indoor plants out for a sunning during the middle of the day if possible, for at least a couple days at the end of flower or close to it. Not legal here.

No one said UV-B is not needed yesum but like it or not natural sun light has high UV-A and low UV-B.

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
IBL x IBL f2 :)

Here’s mine currently >>> pure Original Haze
Click image for larger version  Name:	589C70D9-414E-466D-9265-CC648541493B.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	241.7 KB ID:	17988122

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
No one said UV-B is not needed yesum but like it or not natural sun light has high UV-A and low UV-B.

UV-A is so abundant it's not an issue. UV-C is not used. No clue why you keep posting about these. UV-B is what is being studied and is suggested to add Resin production. Why you enjoy arguing so much is anyone's guess. Read the damn article I posted..

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
UV-A is so abundant it's not an issue. UV-C is not used. No clue why you keep posting about these. UV-B is what is being studied and is suggested to add Resin production. Why you enjoy arguing so much is anyone's guess. Read the damn article I posted..

No ones arguing Hammer just pointing out the facts.

My point on UV-B was in regards to adding extra to a grow space.

The research you posted with them adding UV-C to a grow.

Both are in my opinion hazards firstly to growers and to the plants.

If the idea of lighting is to mimic natural day light then adding unnatural amounts of any UV is no longer natural is it.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
You are assuming there was any uvb in the indoor grow to begin with. Without supplements there is none at all. hps, led and the rest do not give off any meaningful amounts. The standard indoor grow is not like the sun at all.

S

sallyforthDeleted member 75382

I use supplemental UV indoors as there is none in my HID lights and the difference is quite a lot. They come on mid light cycle for an hour only until the last 3-4 weeks where they have 2 hours mid cycle. I use what’s called a migro UV310. Osram do a good UV tube too. Mine is 25% UVA and 75% UVB. I do not tend to the plants when these are on as it’s about 9 times the UV from natural sunlight. I’m growing the same clones and like to extract oil. The yield since using UV has increased about 30% and the potency is notably stronger too. There is no detrimental effect on yield or plant health.

Status
Not open for further replies.