Perfect...:)

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
I dont like mondays.....tell me why....LOL :wave:

your plant displays the reason defoliation is not needed ,
the leaf is wide fingered allowing flow through of light,
the leaf alternates , which does the same thing ,
the leaf present absorbs light to provide food for the lowers that cant reach the light as well ,
this is how nature made the plant and it was made perfect ,

then along comes a man and says he can do better ,
and honestly thinks he can ,
thats the mistake , you cannot improve on nature ,
you are part of it and u need to work with it ,

as said previously , i do prune inner parts of the plant and lower parts to allow airflow ,
some of the techniques we use and hybrids we make ,
increase size and mass ,
so some pruning is needed to allow for that ....

those buds look like they are forming into beasts raco ,
\its a great combo , ibl sativa , x ibl indica ,
perfect mates ....

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
I dont like mondays.....tell me why....LOL :wave:

Love the THH you got going Raco the males look real nice and very uniform to.

The Haze cross threw real hard to the DC side did you use a DC male in that cross over any of the Haze ?. Only indica line i regret not getting all those years ago was DC nice colors to.

I always hated that song lol,

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Man, I wish these THH growing stayed short. Shaggy is an understatement.

THH hybrid coming.
THH x (A5hbx x Mac) ............Mac=Alien Cookies f2 x (Columbian Gold x Star Fighter) male
Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCN1701.JPG Views:	0 Size:	259.2 KB ID:	17986008

THH @90 DAYS
DSCN1704.JPG

DSCN1705.JPG

Last edited:

Ncali

Veteran
This isn't pure haze, nor are her parents... but these girls look hazey right? Not grown perfectly, thought there would be more a5 from her dad... but mostly haze shine thru...

Bandaid haze ix3.0

Click image for larger version  Name:	20211109_211900.jpg Views:	0 Size:	49.6 KB ID:	17986367

Click image for larger version  Name:	20211109_211930.jpg Views:	0 Size:	66.4 KB ID:	17986368

Click image for larger version  Name:	20211109_211815.jpg Views:	0 Size:	60.0 KB ID:	17986369

Click image for larger version  Name:	20211109_211747.jpg Views:	0 Size:	54.1 KB ID:	17986370

Click image for larger version  Name:	20211109_211756.jpg Views:	0 Size:	50.0 KB ID:	17986371

So this is what i add to hempy discussion for defoliation during flower...

For me, as organic soil farmer (I try, not professional or perfect), leaves = nutrients reserves. I know for some growers, in non-soil strata, they see problems they mix up some new fert/salt blend into reservoir and bam! Their plants are happy 24-48hours later.

For me, if I see signs of things going south/hungery/problems I start to notice fans falling off at increasing rate. I may judge she is not getting enough from pots (restricted sizes) so I need to amend topsoil with something, or tea, etc and that topsoil mix or tea really doesn't get into the plant for weeks really. So... I need large fan under canopy for nutrient stores for 'lag time' of organic material to be broken down in soil food web and made into an available form for the plants. These big fans holding nutrients I think helps such that my plants don't have flower production adversely affected while waiting for the needed amendment to break down... nutrient safety bumper....

For a dialed in cultivar, you know that plant's needs, so it's not so important to pull too many or too few fan leaves, as the nutrient requirements are more predictable. But I pop a lot of seeds from all different types of cannabis family. So, it is not always easy to guess what the new seed plants want. Example, the pics here of over N availability for my bandaid haze. Who knew? Not me.

Yes, I agree and I do trim large fan leaves to increase airflow and reduce malicious microorganisms, but mostly I let leaves fall on their own... for a few select plant I'll pick some off though. My 2c from a dirt farmer. Lollipop, not for me.

Last edited:

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Every one dose things different but results are what count not peoples opinions full stop.

This
Cnv0073.jpg

Grows into this

image_521134.jpg

If you think you can improve on this i am all ears but until then let it rest.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
I thought this was interesting.. The more UV used the more yield was affected. It also caused damage.

i wonder if there is different results from outdoors in a natural setting ,
i say this because were i live is some of the highest uv in Australia,
and Australia has some of the highest uv in the world ,
mine might be slightly exacerbated with 1000 metre altitude also ,
and the buds seem fine ,
judging by that chart above ,, what we get during peak uv times would be a third of what they could be with lower uv ,
darn things would be as big as my head , thats pretty big btw ... lol ...

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i wonder if there is different results from outdoors in a natural setting ,
i say this because were i live is some of the highest uv in Australia,
and Australia has some of the highest uv in the world ,
mine might be slightly exacerbated with 1000 metre altitude also ,
and the buds seem fine ,
judging by that chart above ,, what we get during peak uv times would be a third of what they could be with lower uv ,
darn things would be as big as my head , thats pretty big btw ... lol ...

Here is the full article..
https://www.frontiersin.org/articles...21.725078/full

Exposure to UV generally suppressed plant growth, which was recorded as increase in height and growth index in week 6. The majority of vegetative growth had ceased by week 6
Click image for larger version  Name:	fpls-12-725078-g007.jpg Views:	0 Size:	140.6 KB ID:	17986948
Click image for larger version  Name:	fpls-12-725078-g006.jpg Views:	0 Size:	335.6 KB ID:	17986949

Conclusion

Long-term exposure of various intensities of relatively short-wavelength UV radiation had generally negative impacts on cannabis growth, yield, and inflorescence quality. By studying two cultivars with similar cannabinoid profiles, we found some differences in phenotypic plasticity in the temporal dynamics in morphology, physiology, yield, and quality responses to UV exposure level. For the first time this paper described the visible symptoms caused by UVB stress on indoor cannabis plants. Importantly, as it was applied in this study, UV radiation provoked substantially reduced yield in one cultivar, reduced inflorescence quality in both cultivars, and had no commercially relevant benefits to inflorescence secondary metabolite composition. Therefore, potential for UV radiation to enhance cannabinoid concentrations must still be confirmed before UV can be used as a tool in cannabis production.

JKD

Veteran
Icmag-er Phaeton did some pretty thorough uvb side by sides to draw similar conclusions to that study. Quality poster - particularly regarding lighting was Phaeton. Shame not to see him on the boards nowadays.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts