The Haze discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigherb View Post
    First off he set the record straight not me , that conversation was in great spirits

Secondly your welcome because a big majority of that Haze info from
    Nevil was because questions I asked

Third if you believe everything you read I’ll sell
    You a London brick

Below is a Nl5HzC description from
    The seed bank catalog , Soo was it 69 seed or seed from the last crop grown in America ??? Even the pope has told a white lie . That is contradicting info below and above used for sales .

Clearly Nevil admits he was given seed and clones . Which stock was used only Nevil Knows or maybe his best friend will tell more we have to wait for hempy to pull his strings

Also for your head , how likely is it that Nevil was given 69 seed from Sams if Sams didn’t smoke Haze until 71

I think my time is this thread is done , I’ll leave the amazing comments and questions for the Haze geniuses and hempy fan boys. Ask hempy he spoke directly with Nevil , he surely has all the answers
    It makes sense actually...nevil said he was given the last seeds the haze brothers had grown themselves....looking at the bags he explained how ther were...im trying to work out which bit dont make sense...if haze was grown later by them how would he know....
    Something else I also find very odd....sam was seriously pissed at nevil passing on those haze plants to ben...an I believe even tried to gett them off ben...why was he after these so bad an so pissed ther wer passed on if they wer the same as wat was out ther already and had came out of his own work an were somthing he could recreate himself at anytime..or anyone could find in the other haze seeds available by 1990-1991

Also please dont get pisd...I dont think non of us are being fan boys...I respect your perspective..in fact I think you did great work in bringing the basic legend of the haze back to light...wer all entitled to our own view points from the information we see an find...it seems like all of us so far can respect that...the discussion seems to be going ok so far....
    Last edited by TheDarkStorm; 02-22-2020, 18:58.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyChicago View Post
      Now this is an international cannabis forum and as far as I know, it is not reserved only to native UK/US/AUS citizens. So please make some effort to understand what people are writing.

But I guess I did understand very well what you wrote:

TFD Original Haze was hay for you.
      Basically the same thing people have been saying of Seedsman Haze (that is the same as the old TFD) for 2 decades until some guys decided to really grow and explore it lately and now suddenly it is no hay anymore.

You also say that you never have smoked a decent pure haze.
      And that's basically only your problem, not our

But hey man peace I want only say that pure Original haze is a great smoke that every Haze head should have smoked a good one at least one in his life.
      And if Todd will be offering a good one, that's good, but to be honest I don't think it will be much diffrent from what TFD did get from Sam.
      It’s a nice problem to have, actually...gives me something to work on. By the way, don’t forget that the haze you’re enjoying originally came from California...it’s only a matter of time before it makes its way back here...in fact, it may already have.

As for what Todd has...the only thing I can say with any confidence is “we shall see.” I’m not going to discount what he’s got until those seed arrive and I get a chance to grow them out and see for myself...that’s the only way to form an honest assessment, imho.

Peace, JC!

HB.

Comment

Originally posted by hellfire View Post
        I can see it now, the amount of energy spent on this topic and discussion is a lot. Debating over history and who got what and called what what. The amount of effort chasing specific haze cuts or lines looking for those killer phenos and amazing smoke....

All that energy could be spent breeding something that puts haze to shame. I personally don't believe its a 1 in a billion dart shot miracle plant. It is great when you find those killer phenos and haze is quite the plant genetically but definitely not the end all be all nor the maximum benchmark for high. Progeny testing is important when chasing psychoactivity and how many people actually do that these days...
        I think its safe to say hell fire that most of us here are haze fans tho...and despite haze being around something like 50 years it can still match upto some of the best...regardless of wen an what people have made along the way...but people have made some fine things an alot more work is being done with landraces now.

Comment

Soo now let’s also remember Nevils males came from Sams , Soo how can we downplay Original Haze in any way
          Because the Haze A and C males Nevil grew out came from different seed stock than OHaze. This is the quote that Nevil made, directed to you, BigHerb, and it's the key to the whole thing:

Originally posted by post#83 in MNS Grail thread
          I remember the Catalogue of Seeds
          It was in a High Times.
          You raise some interesting questions Bigherb, but not ones that I can answer. My guess is that Sam got these seeds from an old Master. One thing I am convinced of is that these seeds were part of his working gene bank and were irreplaceable. He was reluctant to sell.
          I also clearly remember that the first 6 plants came from batches dated prior to 1970.
          As I said before, the plants were hybrids. By all means, see if you can get to the bottom of this. I have given my testemony.
          N.
          Bigherb's post is three posts up in that thread. I believe Nevil was truthful in this reply. Sam sold Nevil seeds that were irreplaceable. These were not the same stock as what he calls Original Haze. They were made by a master. The fact that the Haze C male produced sexually stable progeny exhibiting Thai traits demonstrates breeding mastery. Until someone proves otherwise, I conclude that the 1969 seed batch came from a Brotherhood of Eternal Love breeding project that was based on the best bagseed that BOEL surfers found around the world in the mid-late 1960s. The weed scene didn't begin when Nevil met Sam; there were lots of dope-smoking hippie surfers in California 20 years earlier and BOEL was not only importing hash and weed, they were vertically integrating their operation and producing domestically. They were world travelers, smart, often graduates of the UC system which was ag centric at that time. Endless Summer was filmed in 1965, two years before the summer of love. BOEL member Mike Hynson was toking behind the camera during that film as they surfed their way around Africa. These dudes were bringing seeds home from the best ganja on Earth. BOEL was known for a lot of things, including California origins, excursions on the hippie hash trail in Asia, and use or pseudonyms and fake passports. Sam grew up in southern California, toured the hippie hash trail in 1971, and has always chosen to use pseudonyms. It's pretty clear to me that if he wasn't part of BOEL outright, he had BOEL connections and that's where the seeds came from that he reluctantly sold to Nevil when he was financially destitute.

Only Sam knows where those seeds came from. He has chosen not to tell us, and the true story will die with him.
          Last edited by OldCoolSativa; 02-24-2020, 13:58.

Comment

.haze-c comes from the more columbian side....sam says his starting stock came from the guys he refers to as the haze brothers...I believe him.

Comment

Maybe "haze brothers" is his way of obfuscating "Brothers of Eternal Love". And Nevil opined that Haze A was more Colombian while Haze C was more Thai.

Comment

Secondly your welcome because a big majority of that Haze info from
                Nevil was because questions I asked
                Thank you for your contribution.

Third if you believe everything you read I’ll sell
                You a London brick
                Very tempting, I'll buy one but only if it's the same brick you bought off Sam when you took his word as the holy truth.

I like to take Nevil's and Sam's word with a grain of salt.
                "American growers are looking for the same thing: strong, overpowering, two-toke indica with huge yields. My number one seller is Northern Lights.”— (RIP) Nevil Schoenmakers

Comment

It’s always funny to watch history repeat itself and these threads certainly bring back memories of past haze debates. I had the pleasure of growing some ‘haze’ this past year.

THH...seeds from around 8 or more years ago.

Came down a week or two early because of botrytis. Very speedy. No corporal. All in the head. My buddy said...‘I wasn’t really stoned but after I smoked some THH I just stood in front of the speakers dancing non stop’

Old Timers x Meao Thai (green)

Still early at 5 weeks cure. She is a great representation of a souped up green OTH. Heady rocket fuel out of the gate and then just completely positive vibrations. Playing music is amplified enjoyment.
                  U.H.N

Med Compliant

Buy low, sell "HIGH"

"I think the big mistake in schools is trying to teach children anything, and by using fear as the basic motivation. Fear of getting failing grades, fear of not staying with your class, etc. Interest can produce learning on a scale compared to fear as a nuclear explosion to a firecracker." - Stanley Kubrick

Believe at your own peril...

Comment

Old Timers x Meao Thai (purple)

Too early cure of around 3 weeks. True smoke reports on these all coming after a proper cure of 2+ months.
                    U.H.N

Med Compliant

Buy low, sell "HIGH"

"I think the big mistake in schools is trying to teach children anything, and by using fear as the basic motivation. Fear of getting failing grades, fear of not staying with your class, etc. Interest can produce learning on a scale compared to fear as a nuclear explosion to a firecracker." - Stanley Kubrick

Believe at your own peril...

Comment

I think your rembering that wrong..the first female was closest in type to wat began the line then haze-a..the haze-c seemed to branch of into a Columbian direction...an the more modern version...haze-a has the darker liver type scent reminiscent of the old thais...it was that nevils was trying to bring back out in the haze in a higher percentage in his Neville's haze by uniting it to a specific thai.

Comment

Originally posted by OldCoolSativa View Post
                        Maybe "haze brothers" is his way of obfuscating "Brothers of Eternal Love". And Nevil opined that Haze A was more Colombian while Haze C was more Thai.
                        You are way off , not even is the incorrect information correct

Northern Lights 5 crossed with Haze male C. Is the best Indica / Sativa hybrid that I've ever done. HzA male to NL5 was also excellent and was the mother of N.H. The HzC was a complex sweet aroma, while HzA produced plants with a leathery smell, more reminisent of the old Thai's.
                        Complex liver/ leather smell is what I'm looking for in a good Thai descenant to cross with the Haze.
                        N.

Thinking is one thing dreaming is another

No Boel
                        No Thai

Nothing of the sort associated with Original Haze

1luvbigherb
                        in NYC around my way we say if it anint church it anint fire
                        more incense and less nonsense

Comment

Big herb you managed to do quite abit of research an it was close ...do you know ther was a original legend that seems to have been lost to time that was around from those times...it alomost matched your story...bar afew details...

Comment

We have the haze brothers interviews and articles to go buy and what Sam has posted over the years.Others have posted and said Sam and Rob could just be the Haze brothers also.

We had what i suspect was haze here in the 70s also but it was being called tripping weed you would pay $30 for a small coin bag full of it when you could get an oz bag of Panama red or other exotic strains for $30.

From reading the boards over the past 2 decades and what Sam and Nev both posted on haze what they seam to agreed on is haze dose not do well when inbreed.Sam also has said the Haze brothers would breed there best sativa each season to haze adding to haze not inbreeding it.

I think the history of haze pre Holland is part of the myth marketing if you like of the strain.

What we do know to be real is the impact haze had on the cannabis scene in modern times 84/85 till now.
                            Team-Haze

Comment

Probably due to inbreeding hempy...the more inbred the more it seems to lose...and the good ones seem harder an harder to find

Comment

Tho after inbreeding for so many years then putting lines back together again it maybe doing the trick...mad mac has been testing this out and found brilliant plants..but I think his gona test out properly this year how consistent it is

Comment

Working...
                                X