What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Haze Hybrid Thread

E

ESTERCHASER

hi

hi

She was almost 12 months old in that pic .
Started in the winter . Flowered in Spring . Reveg over summer and flower again in late autumn .

Same with those Mango Haze flowers , double harvest from the plants .

Greatstuff

Last edited:

Ncali

Veteran
Nice question, but not easy to respond.
What's your opinion on it, Ncali?

I have noticed that Seedsman Original Haze males do through out much more hazy phenos with stronger Haze terps and better growth structure. But it also depends with what they have been crossed.

In my limited experience, my Moms have generally passed on wonderful terps to their offspring. Runs the gambit of fruity, lemons, woods, spice... I just did a seed run using nevils mango haze males, so I wont have insight to part two of that question for a bit. Haze genetics have fathered of some pretty prolific cuts and lineages, I have high hopes. :smoke:

:tiphat:
NC

Last edited:

WHIPEDMEAT

Modortalan
Supermod
Veteran
few years ago i made a testgrow with a strain called skunk cbd...
judge yourself what do you see in this plant, for me it was everything but not skunk at all

smell was sweet parfüm, like you were in a rose garden which is in full bloom
effect was exactly the feeling when you are sitting in a jacuzzi and felt that easy over your body. nothing in the head, just calm no high.

early flo:
attachment.php

near the end

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

i felt i was cheated with a haze :D

JohnnyChicago

In my limited experience, my Moms have generally passed on wonderful terps to their offspring. Runs the gambit of fruity, lemons, woods, spice... I just did a seed run using nevils mango haze males, so I wont have insight to part two of that question for a bit. Haze genetics have fathered of some pretty prolific cuts and lineages, I have high hopes.

NC

I hope others will chime in, as this is an interesting subject. I did follow Sam's advice in the Original Haze thread "take a haze male and use it on your best female" and it worked fine, with the 2 males I did select.
Females were of course much easier to select, but their progeny has not been that satisfying.

Panama x Original Haze i (Pan-o-Haze cut)
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Ncali

Veteran
I hope others will chime in, as this is an interesting subject. I did follow Sam's advice in the Original Haze thread "take a haze male and use it on your best female" and it worked fine, with the 2 males I did select.
Females were of course much easier to select, but their progeny has not been that satisfying.

Panama x Original Haze i (Pan-o-Haze cut)
View Image View Image View Image View Image View Image

Yeah ive heard that as well, that true haze fathers pass on nice traits. The few effective males I selected for exceedingly healthy, vigorous, and I pay special attention to that 'thirst for life' factor. I can always seem to tell those special plants that thrive in my conditions. I had two Nevil haze mango female, one golden tiger male where it was like "OK, the extreme vibrant color of the leaves, the growth pattern, exceptional smell in veg, this plant is just thriving". I mean, ive had other "keeper" moms that produce excellent flowers, but the ones that bred well and had kickass kids had like "it" factor. Those things didnt always line up either. One of my nevils haze mango female had that dr grinspoon single bract thing to her flowers, so her yield sucked ass. Not what i consider keepeer as a mother plant. But she had "it" factor in veg. Still, very potent smoke. What do you know, her kids had a a very potent kick and waaaay better structure, excellent terps.

Dunno. I feel I could pick out every single plant in a pack of NHM that had that factor my eye saw, i dunno. Maybe it's knowing a gene pool too. More you grow you can recognize the traits excellent genetic representation of that genepool share. I think knowing a plants lineage, and getting that lineage from a reliable source is part of that equation. I think you can look at a male and say, "He shows excellent traits for his lineage, exceptional smells in veg(say what smell a lineage is known for, e.g. blueberry, etc.) or a smell the farmer is selecting towards, node distance, leaf structure that can indicate leaning towards one side of pedigree or another, a lot of people like 'frosted' males, and so on. Maybe I just have selected towards good males in that they are well adapted to my environment, which for my seed production goals is a good thing.

But maybe selecting truely exceptional & excellent males is a whole another thing. Like elite clone moms, perhaps some of those males are truely diamonds in the rough. Id like to talk more about males, but most people are not interested in dad's side genetics. Sad cause for a lot of seed lines its 50% of the genetic makeup of these exceptional moms. I think a lot is trending towards 'fuggit, ill reverse and no one can build off my work, they have to buy my seeds'. Great from an entrepreneurial perspective, its an effective business model. Seems long term a very stagnate growth model.

Its why i ask questions like, what traits do you look for in haze parents or offspring. I like Rahos description and answer to that in the OP. And further what haze brings to his crosses in later posts. Thats really cool. Most don't share that. No one who makes a living in seed biz ever does either. Rare info. :respect:

Enough blab, here is some different panama x haze. Aceseeds panama haze.

attachment.php
attachment.php

attachment.php

:tiphat:
NC

bigtacofarmer

Veteran

What is the smoke like on those Nebulaberry haze?

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
The haze hybrids in my future. As well as many more of the nevils/Oaxaca x headbangers if the smoke on the first two is what I like.

Attachments

• 20191205_161239.jpg
    20191205_161239.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 48

funkyhorse

Now that emotions have calmed down, I would like to thank the inspirator of this thread and of my current test grow, Master Maha Kala. He said Mextiza x Sour D is the best indoor variety and I am making a fair test of this strain against some others under the same growing conditions
Maha Kala has the capability to move people with his written words and to generate a very interesting brainstorming and hopefully some fresh blood and knowledge, I dont know if he is aware of this or not, but this is a fact and thank you for it

I guess the big tit girl metaphor isnt a bad one at all, it stirs up emotions
Let's see, do you know the romanian tennis player Simona Halep? She was a big tit girl. She operated herself and reduced them for the sadness of her fans who were watching her games not to see how she was bouncing the ball but how she was bouncing her tits. After that operation she became the world number #1 tennis player for 2 years, winning a lot of tournaments on the way
Can we replicate this at the cannabis world?

I was looking for info that appeared thanks to the haze poll link and the Nevil post Raco linked here and on the Original Haze thread

I guess today arriving at 2020 you have the priviledge to be the customer, the tester and the hyper at forums all for the same price!!
I am currently growing NL5xH 91' release by TSC. I have 2 females and a male, all from the F3 mother and they look all quite similar. These stuff has some traits I didnt expect to find, I didnt find any info about this strain.
It is a very long flowering NLD and has very little stretch for a sativa, about x2.5-x2.7. I was expecting a much bigger stretch, I guess I will fine tune the grow next time if I like the strain. The bank reports that 120 flowering days is a trait of the strain. They tried at F4 to reduce flowering time but were not succesful

I wanted to know pedigree of this strain and this was answered in this post by Yo Sammy:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=6625178&postcount=175

And Nevil said the same:
https://www.mrnice.nl/forum/74733-post366.html

So this is clearly a NL5xHzC strain
It doesnt look like a simple cross. The only NL5 trait I see is the little stretch
Do you know how this strain was done? Nevil said it was an F1 but it seems there was some breeding work before arriving to this F1

C5 seems to be a selection of NL5xHzC. Did someone cross these two? If someone did, what is progeny like?
NL5xHz is a big tit girl. Crossing it to C5 would make it a champ like Simona Halep??? Welll, I will try it on my hybrid of C5. You know, in my neighborhood people say it is better 50% C5 than no C5 at all...but I guess this experiment will be better on the original cut
BTW, Donald Mallard said C5 didnt adapt to his tropical environment. Is this cut better adapted to colder latitudes?

I am testing now Mextiza(Kaiki Cut) x Sour D IBL 2010 against C5 x same Sour D father and Kali Mist 1997 Raco Cut x same Sour D father. I think it is a fare test, also competing NL5xH 91, Coljam and Double Jam, I hope I get some decent ganja from this grow. I am looking for decency
My Panama Haze has thinner leaves than the one showed by Ncali. I dont know if it is fair to add to the competition a feminized strain to compete with regulars, but anyway, it is competing too. Feminized Queen Mother as well.

Does anyone know the real pedigree of Kali Mist 1997? Sam said it is also a commercial hybrid derived from his Haze like NL5xH. It seems the stuff from the 90's was very different from todays offerings

Attachments

• NL5xH 1.jpg
    NL5xH 1.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 29

JohnnyChicago

You know, in my neighborhood people say it is better 50% C5 than no C5 at all...but I guess this experiment will be better on the original cut

In my neighborhood we say it is better to have true 25% HazeA than C5 or 50% HazeC. If you ask me, C5 is overhyped. Things like C5, especially the C5 crosses, are easy to find.

But I must admit, that I never have grown it. Only bought in Coffeeshops. Always prefered Haze A hybrids, especially A5 but there were plenty them back in the day in southern NL. Today I would probably pefer the high of C5, but the incense terps of A5 and other HazeA crosses are from another league.

Does anyone know what the flowering time is on the A5 and C5 cuts?

ambertrichome

Veteran
Blue Orca Haze

71 presoviet Kandahar x 1976 Dealers Choice Loose Thai. Not sticks x Nevills LTD Release 1988 NL5/Haze.

Super potent resin balls.

2 phenos we kept were total opposites.

The 1st buds are of the NL5 pheno. Loaded with huge resin glands. 65 days flowering.
Floral musk, hash taste, smell. Lungbuster. 3-4 hours high duration. Heavy crash. Huge munchies, and hangover. More leaf, though loaded with trichomes...Makes killer bubble hash.

Pheno 2 has much smaller resin glands, but just as numerous under a scope. Much less leaf.

Is more sativa high. Menthol, Bubblegum taste, with hash undertones.

Even more lungbuster vs pheno #1, and duration of high is longer. At least 4 hours. Also has a heavy crash, and munchies. I much prefer #2 pheno. 75 days flowering.
Got 18oz from 1 indoor plant in 20g Promix BX x 1 x 1000w Hortilux HPS. Veg 60 days under 1000w Hortilux HPS

Hemphrey Bogart

Veteran
Nigerian Mexican x a5/Thai, bred by e.T and grown out by me. It's got that church/haze vibe with an extra kick in the potency pants from the Nigerian. Nice up high without the noids and very easy to grow. I kept the feed lean on this one and she finished up nicely.
rh2CaVAl.jpg

I hit her with more a5T pollen in mid flower and got lots of seed, so we'll see how those plants come out next season. Yield was very respectable and mold wasn't an issue.

8GIqxggl.jpg

bL48fYCl.jpg

HB.

A

AfricanMagic

Oh wow, so many great looking Haze plants into this thread. I love Hazes and other Ganja plants.

Dirt Life

Veteran
Thanks, buddy! It's my first round with her, seed plant. Shes actually a really small plant, just feeling her out. Hardly see (or smell) the haze in her, shes skunk all the way. I'm expecting a very stony smoke, but I'm hoping for a tinge of hazyness in the mind... we'll see in a bit. :dance013: