What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Haze Hybrid Thread

JohnnyChicago

there is green supreme cut of seedsman in Canada, which is reported as super tasting and with loud incense terps. but most reports of seedsman haze talk about green grassy taste... so I dont think it was your fault.

I know you want to be positive and not negative... which is great thing, we appreciate it all I think, but sometimes too much positivity is negative, as it makes illusion about the subject.. so first it seemed like it is top notch smoke, but it cant be when it tastes bad right?

/////

I noticed that most of those who grow pure haze dont give a fuck about taste and are interested in effect only. which is not case with most of those who are growing hybrids.

That's what you get when you harvest incense Hazes to early.
Herb that tastes of nothing.
Espcially with inbred incense OH's, as those lack of other terpenes to combine with.
But therefore will breed true.
And that is what I have told to Star Crash when he got the seeds from me:
That he got the breeding line. (to select a male from)

Other 1:1 do perform differently.
Better for some aspects. But will not breed as true and not look as ancient.
Just like Elanius OH line that shares the same mother as Star Crashs, but not the same father. (it's all documented from us 3 here on icmag. Parents and progeny)
Mother that I am sure was very similar to the canadian Seeds supreme cut (I had 2 phenos like that). That from what I hear from Canada is not as ultra great as you have described .I called that kind of phenos the "commercial" phenos. But they were great smokes and OK breeders too.

I also wonder about the loud incense. As it is the first time I hear that from the supreme cut.
To much positivity? :D

I believe it's better to be negative, to keep the excpetations low.
Then you have more room to impress or to convince.

But Star Crash has only reported a great high from his extraction of the OH.. And that's great news.
Imagine the effect was not good, also because harvested to early. The risk was there. All the efforts of growing would have been in vain.
I am happy for him.
It's you who are to negative :D

Regarding your last sentence, I have noticed that too, but the ideal Haze should have it all, taste and effect. No matter it is pure or not.
As you know, I have found both in my PanoHaze cut. But also in my inbred OH seeds.
Why satisfy with only taste or effect, when you can have both?
Effect and terps are even related to each other and the most important aspect in breeding the Haze, at least for me.

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
there is green supreme cut of seedsman in Canada, which is reported as super tasting and with loud incense terps. but most reports of seedsman haze talk about green grassy taste... so I dont think it was your fault.

I know you want to be positive and not negative... which is great thing, we appreciate it all I think, but sometimes too much positivity is negative, as it makes illusion about the subject.. so first it seemed like it is top notch smoke, but it cant be when it tastes bad right?

/////

I noticed that most of those who grow pure haze dont give a fuck about taste and are interested in effect only. which is not case with most of those who are growing hybrids.

I get your point And for total transparency I can tell you that the Seedsman Haze didn’t get to go full-term , & it was grown as large plants in small containers, and it wasn’t fed & flushed properly , so those all things that I can do to improve:tiphat: ... So despite a less than stellar grow it still kicks ass in the head department:smoke out:

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
I get your point And for total transparency I can tell you that the Seedsman Haze didn’t get to go full-term , & it was grown as large plants in small containers, and it wasn’t fed & flushed properly , so those all things that I can do to improve:tiphat: ... So despite a less than stellar grow it still kicks ass in the head department:smoke out:

it looks good, but pics are pics. it is nothing unusual to get bland tasting pheno with pure haze. like you said it is easy to fucked it up too :D

some say original haze is weak shit :D I see you dont think so... hehe

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
Mother that I am sure was very similar to the canadian Seeds supreme cut (I had 2 phenos like that). That from what I hear from Canada is not as ultra great as you have described .I called that kind of phenos the "commercial" phenos. But they were great smokes and OK breeders too.

I also wonder about the loud incense. As it is the first time I hear that from the supreme cut.

I think you dont understand what I said. read my post again. and I think StarCrash can talk for himself LOL

I didnt say green supreme cut is ultra great? where you read it? I said it has loud incense terps profile which is known fact - and very unusual for seedsman haze, according to Green Supreme it is one in 1000 - first I read anybody else got it. I didn't write anything about effect.

you are sure your cuts are good as supreme cut? without growing it? it is nice you are sure :D

not everybody has to have same concept what is and what is not haze. seedsman haze is different to 90´s Ohz as well as to some other lines from Skunkman, so there are different selections. you can think your selection is the best, it is nice you put pride to your work, that is right. some may think otherwise.

anyway what is the taste for your incense pheno?

what is content of monoterps in incense pheno? are there any?

sbeanonnamellow

I’m not over sharing pics?? Anyway these 5 are the tall ones I got out of the pack.

No way dude thanks for sharing them! There isn't much on some of these Cultivators Choice lines and it's been really nice to see what to kind of sort of expect from those beans. Thank you for that. Your updates are something I look forward to. Much respect

Sub24ox7

8359847F-7377-43B0-87EF-FAFB7BC79B24.jpeg
6F8FD0D1-124C-4681-B128-249824E910B4.jpeg
Columbian haze from dispensary bud
smelled of ginger from stem and petiole until flowering and now it smells exactly like fruity pebbles cereal bud that was sativa and airy structure. An eighth filled up your cellophane 3/4 full so fluffy.
it was the first eighth I paid 40 usd for and called it hydro lol. This was the 90s, sorry to ramble... stoned...

Sub24ox7

Click image for larger version  Name:	AAC43434-6F5E-46D9-A484-E2672FD41D15.jpeg Views:	3 Size:	80.2 KB ID:	17862830
HeadgamesIII
I had the three males I got from the mex haze x o. Haze/skunk #1 sitting in a cup of water over glass and I scraped up some pollen and pollinated a branch of this headgamesIII

Last edited:

Raho

Veteran
Columbian haze from dispensary bud
smelled of ginger from stem and petiole until flowering and now it smells exactly like fruity pebbles cereal bud that was sativa and airy structure. An eighth filled up your cellophane 3/4 full so fluffy.
it was the first eighth I paid 40 usd for and called it hydro lol. This was the 90s, sorry to ramble... stoned...

Those pistils look like NL5, but the description sounds like MNS Afghan Haze or ASH.

You had a dispensary in the 90s that sold something they called "Colombian haze"?
And your pic is bagseed from that weed you bought and later grew out?
Thanks in advance for clarifying mate.

Sub24ox7

No I did not. I was rambling, this weed pictured came from seed from dispensary here in Illinois within the last three years. From a company called IESO and called columbian haze. I grew one seed from bud found in this.
It smells like and looks a little like some a buddy grew back in the 90s that I thought smelled like fruity pebbles cereal but was definitely nld looking and very airy fluffy and filled a sandwich baggy up from an 1/8 ounce. Sorry I need to stick to the topic and be more clear in my writing.

Last edited:

Raho

Veteran
No I did not. I was rambling, this weed pictured came from seed from dispensary here in Illinois within the last three years. From a company called IESO and called columbian haze. I grew one seed from bud found in this.
It smells like and looks a little like some a buddy grew back in the 90s that I thought smelled like fruity pebbles cereal but was definitely nld looking and very airy fluffy and filled a sandwich baggy up from an 1/8 ounce. Sorry I need to stick to the topic and be more clear in my writing.

Thanks man, no worries. Sounds nice, and I'd smoke it ;-)

JohnnyChicago

I think you dont understand what I said. read my post again. and I think StarCrash can talk for himself LOL

I didnt say green supreme cut is ultra great? where you read it? I said it has loud incense terps profile which is known fact - and very unusual for seedsman haze, according to Green Supreme it is one in 1000 - first I read anybody else got it. I didn't write anything about effect.

you are sure your cuts are good as supreme cut? without growing it? it is nice you are sure :D
wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==
​​
​​​
​​
​​​​
​​
​​​
​​
​​​​

not everybody has to have same concept what is and what is not haze. seedsman haze is different to 90´s Ohz as well as to some other lines from Skunkman, so there are different selections. you can think your selection is the best, it is nice you put pride to your work, that is right. some may think otherwise.

I guess we are not understanding each other here. :D
​​
​​​
​​
​​​​​
Where did I say my work is the best?
Not sure if you know it. But 90s OH we got it through my sharing and Sams OH selections through my Seedsman OH seeds. So for me, it dosen't matter which one is the best, as without my work and my decision to share it (the Haze SamS wrote publicly in 2015 was looking like his OH mother) we would have none of the hazes today that you are speaking of. Not even mine.
That is my concept.

And objectively the best Haze is the one, that made possible we got the others.

Also the Seedsman Haze I have shared it with as much people as possible, to have it preserved as well as possible, by diffrent people, with different tastes, approaches, concepts etc. I have even added my last original release seeds for that purpose. Alone you do know at least 4 different people very well, who got the OH straight from me.

And the Seedsman is everywhere now. On top of that we have the other OH lines too.
Also with MadMac's sharing we can potentially have tens of new seletions.
Not even speaking of his work on the OH and the possibilities that you have recognized yourself in crossing the pure Haze line between each other.

I guess you have been very wrong there with your remark on the different selections, Maha .
But it's also due to my negativity and reporting things with some delay. So no problem at all from my side. :D

And I do respect what you write on the supreme cut. That is why I wondered like that, as I am getting mixed reports from Canada myself.
And yes I did understand something wrong. Still yet I guess. But my breeding, I do speak for myself :)

anyway what is the taste for your incense pheno?

what is content of monoterps in incense pheno? are there any?

The A kind of taste.

Greatdalas

I guess we are not understanding each other here. :D
​​
​​​
​​
​​​​​
Where did I say my work is the best?
Not sure if you know it. But 90s OH we got it through my sharing and Sams OH selections through my Seedsman OH seeds. So for me, it dosen't matter which one is the best, as without my work and my decision to share it (the Haze SamS wrote publicly in 2015 was looking like his OH mother) we would have none of the hazes today that you are speaking of. Not even mine.
That is my concept.

And objectively the best Haze is the one, that made possible we got the others.

Also the Seedsman Haze I have shared it with as much people as possible, to have it preserved as well as possible, by diffrent people, with different tastes, approaches, concepts etc. I have even added my last original release seeds for that purpose. Alone you do know at least 4 different people very well, who got the OH straight from me.

And the Seedsman is everywhere now. On top of that we have the other OH lines too.
Also with MadMac's sharing we can potentially have tens of new seletions.
Not even speaking of his work on the OH and the possibilities that you have recognized yourself in crossing the pure Haze line between each other.

I guess you have been very wrong there with your remark on the different selections, Maha .
But it's also due to my negativity and reporting things with some delay. So no problem at all from my side. :D

And I do respect what you write on the supreme cut. That is why I wondered like that, as I am getting mixed reports from Canada myself.
And yes I did understand something wrong. Still yet I guess. But my breeding, I do speak for myself :)

The A kind of taste.

What is your best tate line of haze? (seedsman, Tom,....)

funkyhorse

It wasn’t particularly good but it was due to my 1st time growing and learning I imagine , I extracted everything that’s how I use it:D

Master Star Crash
Basically same thing happened to me at that stage. I chopped a couple of plants but a couple of others I let them go in the same 9 liter pot to see what happens
While the genetics we grow are similar, it is not exactly the same.
If I understand correctly from this post from MadMac, I have Ohz outcrosses and you have a pure Seedsman line. I also have pure Seedsman Hz from my own pack and I can see some differences
hello,
well last time to make it clear what i'll used... and Johnny should know that too...
5 Seedsman gifted by JohnnyChicago and 14 OHz90 gifted by Golli for the OHz i'll shared ...
nothing else.... no other haze used.
those seeds Johnny gifted extra are unused... and can be returned if needed...
don't know why he brings it up all time.
pictures and info's about are all in the OHz thread... also how too.
for THH and others i'l used the 90' males because of resin on them...
finally my last 3 seedmaking i'll used only one 90' OHz male...
i'll vaped him... and he was the best...

so again all OHz shared are a new line... OHz Seedsman x OHz 90 and via versa.
not a repro of Seedsman nor 90'
the seeds labeled with Seedsman and 90' OHz are from the Seedsman or 90 OHz girl.
hope this clears things up.

@funkyhorse
happy you can compare to the original Seedsman now...
many thx for sharing all info and work here!
hope one day SamS can give a answer to your questions...
all the best
M.:smoker:

So this one according to the post above labeled Seedsman Hz should be Seedsman Hz x Ohz 90s Fem #3. Star Crash, this is what happened a few months later to those seeded buds. The plant was kept in the same 9 liter pot all the way since it was put in the indoor room to sex. Took her out one month before the equinox and flowering stopped until the equinox, she changed leavesand started growing over the first buds
Top shot
Click image for larger version  Name:	Seedsman haze mm fem 3 top shot (3).jpeg Views:	0 Size:	68.2 KB ID:	17864473

Click image for larger version  Name:	Seedsman haze mm fem 3 top shot (3).jpeg Views:	0 Size:	68.2 KB ID:	17864473

Lower bud

And this one labeled Ohz90s should be Ohz 90s x Seedsman Hz, but not sure because Mac said he didnt use any Seedsman Hz male. So not sure if it is an Ohz90s selection or an outcross, whatever it is looks a little bit longer and plants are a little bigger. The result of this crosses or selection is lack of need to select for males, they are all very similar, all plants very resinous, males and females, cant really select so I just made open pollination with both outcrosses, in the next generation there might be more variation than in this one?
Growing the Seedsman Hz from the original pack, all the things SamS said about selecting from thousands of plants makes a lot of sense.
Ohz 90s x whoever fem #3, she got the same treatment as her cousin from above, it is a 3 meter tall plant in a 9 liter pot. Her cousin was 2,85 meter tall
Absolutely no mold at all none of them, very impressive. I get mold even from one of the Colombian Black girls
Top Shot

Lower

And the taste?

Te refieres al gusto vaporizado? tiene gusto a sativa, a mi la cuestion organoleptica me la suda, si busco terpenos de fresa, vainilla, chocolate o limon me dirijo a la heladeria artesanal mas proxima para satisfacer mis ansias de dichos terpenos. Lo aclaro porque los olores/aromas de la planta viva son impresionantes, nada malo puede salir de estos olores. Son olores complejos, van cambiando y transformandose a medida que la planta se desarrolla, pero huele a como deberia oler toda marihuana decente, un poco mas acentado el gusto que en la THH. Y tarda bastante mas que la THH y tiene otras caracteristicas. Cuando fume esa Seedsman de la foto y las vaporice te cuento como coloca

Attachments

• Ohz90 fem 3 top shot.jpeg
    Ohz90 fem 3 top shot.jpeg
    77.9 KB · Views: 28
  • Seedsman haze mm fem 3 top shot.jpeg
    Seedsman haze mm fem 3 top shot.jpeg
    166.2 KB · Views: 27

Sub24ox7

Click image for larger version  Name:	D44D191D-A96A-4D3D-8727-4976152E37CB.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	94.3 KB ID:	17864479
Shortest fastest mex haze x o. Haze/skunk #1
wheeling the 5 large open structured ones in and out of barn daily to get 12 hours on and off.

Latest posts

Latest posts