What's new

Revival of the Ultimate Sativa Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capt. Crip

Strain Seeker/Mirage Reading Master
Veteran
You guys have been blowing me away with all the sativas in this wonderful revival thread...I guess it's time to contribute...First up will be my Shantiva...This was the very best of the sativa plants that i grew out of what was supposed to be Black Widow...I was thinking it was the La Nina and Shanti agreed that it was "most likely" El Nino...(from the pics)

I love this killer sativa plant..It has a lower odor/flavor but the potency is top notch...Grows with crazy traits...It always stacks huge calaxes at the tops of the buds...And many times the whole flower formation will be made up of these "stacks"..Just huge fuckin' calaxes throughout the bud formation...True old-school lookin' shit bro...

I'm growing a bunch of different sativas and will post up something out of the garden every coupleo of days...
I'm going to see if I can get a few pics of the Shantiva loaded...My camera sucks so bare with me...

First pic shows one of the horizontal branches of my Shantiva plant..

Next pic shows a few happy sativas..

And now all the remaining pics will be of the flower formations...Just really has that old world foxtailing flowers look about it to me...What do you guys/gals think...Opinions appreciated..

Click on pics for close-up...
Take care all................................................CC

Thanks Motaco for bringing this back to life friend.............................................

Last edited:
They sure seem to be happy sativas Capt. Crip! They also look very wild to me, the way I imagine a landrace in a very specific micro-climate to be. Not that I'm an expert in Brazilian sativas but your plants seem to be quite unique. How long do these take to finish?

Thanx for sharing... :bandit:

Capt. Crip

Veteran
I do not know whats wrong but I have no gallery and my pics disappeared in my last post????
I loaded about 8 pics but I only see 4....They were there when I posted but now I do not see them,do you guys see more than 4...I think my computer is on the crash....

redrider

The bar

The bar

Here's a little bar I like to stop in when I'm in town. They "don't" serve Sativa there but the sign says it all.

Peace from Colombia

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good one red :biglaugh:
I´m going to post "Bar El Raco" later.
Here´s one of my Mother´s Finest cuttings,in a very small pot,day 54 of 12/12

Capt. Crip

Veteran
Yea,I hooked up my old computer and it works fine albeit very slow....Please do not talk to fast :moon: :pointlaug ;)

Take care fellas.......................CC

G

JimmyEatWorld said:
The Silver Haze, according to Sam's words at a thread @ OG, was a pheno of the Original Haze. Or was it Silver Blue pheno ?Just like Purple Haze is a phenotype of OHaze. Can't remember exactly, there was a thread at "Advanced Topics" where Sam had said about Haze's phenotypes and a little bit of history.

SamS,
What a crock, Positronics did not even have any Haze until I gave it
to them after the mid 1980's. They crossed Haze with a local Pars
Purple outdoor variety that was weak shit pot that had a nice color.
FYI, Purple Haze was sold in the early 1970's by the Haze Brothers
in
Santa Cruz, I should know I smoked it back then every day for
years....
BTW, some of the Purple Haze needed cold to turn purple, others
did not need cold and were purple even if never cold. Purple Haze was
pure Original Haze, and the purple color was not dominate, so easy to
lose.
I also like the Silver Blue, and Lime Green Haze better then the
Purple Haze, because they were more up, clear, and energetic in the
high. But the Purple may have been the strongest Haze and got the top
prices. It also looked great.
Did eneyone ever hear the band the Original Haze? Jerry Miller from
the Moby Grape started the group in the 70's after smoking the
Original Haze in Santa Cruz. He loved the Haze and bought a lot!!!

-SamS

Don't know what to believe with all this info floating, everyone has its own history to tell...Remember Nom de Fleur at CW ? He had made up some really nice stories about Skunk! Nice scenarios for Hollywood movies ...

yeah and Sam like to chew my azz off for postin that damn story here at IC. lol

ive been growin TomHills haze which originates with positronics, who got it from sam. have a small run of the second gen done here, veggin up at present. me im lookin for the purple haze plants, hopefully this gen kicks more purple then last go around.

we have a lime phenotype, lime in color, aroma and taste. will not turn any other color with temps. havent quite sorted out a SilverBlue plant yet. dont really know what aroma and flavors to look for with that one. but last run had buds that dried to a silver sheen, maybe thats the ticket.

Haze kicks ass

Nice piece of history MrPurple. There's still some content of the old OG site available through Google's cached links. Here's another bit about the OHaze by Sam:

Original Haze was a F1 of many superior imported Sativa lines. They were fantastic, really special and lots of F1 hybrid vigor. The later populations were then selfed (on a population level, not single plants selfed to themself) which resulted in a loss of the hybrid vigor. The best example I can give is that Skunk #1 is about 16% THC but breed it with an Original Haze that is only 5-10% THC and the progeny will have upto 25% THC. And be far better then either parent. The pure Haze is great to hybridize with to find special F1's. Smoking Original Haze pure as available is ok but it has lost its fire, use it for breeding!
-SamS

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I was going to send one of these mini-sticks of indoor ACE Panama to Dr.Jay.
Time failed unfortunately.
The pic is crap,but the buds were hard,compact and silvery.The smoke was very very smooth and tasty.Brilliant sati high :joint:

G

I have always thought that Haze was a combination of Mexican, Thai and Columbian genes, although what exact strains and how they were combined I have no idea. I think there are probably so many Hazes that no-one has the 'original' Haze, and with the mis-labelling over the years, it's probably impossible to know what is what.

alaeddin

Maybe there should be a project where all of the original landraces used in the cultivation of the "hazes" should be gathered and then combined in all the recipes that are around and the results should be analyzed and organized?

zamalito

Veteran
I'm doing that with skunk 1 as we speak. I have acapulco x deep chunk polen and will soon pick a colombian gold mother. I think a petrolia headstash afghan may be more accurate though

Last edited:

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I´m under the impression of that the Skunkman said that the original skunk #1 was Colombian Gold/Afghan x Acapulco Gold :chin:

redrider

I thought Skunk #1 was 50% Colombian Gold (Santa Marta?) 25% Acapulco Gold and 25% Afghan. But before I started reading these forms (about two years ago) I thought "skunk" was another name for Indica. The skunk I got when I lived in Ga. always seemed to have a down Indica effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.