What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Revival of the Ultimate Sativa Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandyCalifornia

Well endowed member
Veteran
Beautiful plants everybody. :thank you:
It looks like everything is ripening nicely in the Fall sun.
I am jealous, I can only do indoor and remember the times I used to do outdoor.
If I can find a good Sativa Madre this Winter, I would go hide in the hills next Summer and grow her many babies and light dep them into beginning to flower in middle of July and finish in middle-end of October.
Somebody should already be doing this somewhere, no? you would get them to flower early in the full hot sun they need to produce the resin we seek. This way they would finish properly at a Northern latitude.
Charlie, Raco, anybody else, you guys ever tried this? Or is everyone so far South that you can let them go till December and still have the intensity in the sun to finish them to the point that they would reach in their native land.
I am interested as this would seem like a good way to trick a long flowering Sativa.

F

Fluffy Clouds

deep chunk x original haze F2 by Tom Hill

picture.php

oldhaole

Veteran
Another Crappy Day in Paradise

Another Crappy Day in Paradise

When we last left our intrepid hero....this was happening.
picture.php

Needless to say that'll mess your day up. Two weeks later we had four inches of hard rain with thirty MPH winds....leaving me looking at this.
picture.php

Time to pull a rabbit out of my hat. Pulled it back in place, and duct taped the shit out of it.

The sun came out, the fix worked....two days later we're looking at this.
picture.php

A week and a half down the road...we have buds!
picture.php

A closer look. Hash Bud x Rodney.
picture.php

All of these have a common Sativa father. Can't tell you what it is, by the breeder's request. So we call it Rodney. This is Jack Herer x Rodney.
picture.php

Here is Kush x Rodney.
picture.php

And finally some homeless guy taking a leak on one of the girls. Can't get good help nowdays. Threw this pic in for scale.
picture.php

paulo73

Convicted for turning dreams into reality
Veteran
Friendly Hazes waiting for cure
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Got busted last Sunday and lost all plants and grow gear and most of my seed collection.
Thanks to the Ganja Gods and my brilliant missus we managed to save most of the stash.
My guess is that the police officers weren´t that bothered with that, they felt like invading a family home and they tried to keep the hassle to a minimum.
May the Light bless all those men&women that left some of my medicine intact.

ElRubio

Veteran
Re: Revival of the Ultimate Sativa Thread

sorry to hear that paulo!
im sendin you my best positive vibes!
btw beauty f haze ;)

M

michael68

that's horrible paulo.

are you getting charged with anything or something?

i know out here they can take pretty much everything away and throw you in prison.

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
^^looks very nice Rusty, no matter what its! :)
... a Malawi cross maybe? ;)

Durban Poison x Malawi gold baby... by Afro'Jim RIP
picture.php

Petula Swaz...
picture.php

++

DuskrayTroubador

Veteran
Sorry if this has already been answered, but does anyone know of any seedbanks that carry landrace sativas? I need pure 100% sativas that are not photoperiod responsive, and I'd like to grow (outdoors) a strain from all the big equatorial regions like Colombia, Mexico, Jamaica, Cambodia, Thailand, etc.

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
Sorry if this has already been answered, but does anyone know of any seedbanks that carry landrace sativas? I need pure 100% sativas that are not photoperiod responsive, and I'd like to grow (outdoors) a strain from all the big equatorial regions like Colombia, Mexico, Jamaica, Cambodia, Thailand, etc.
How about this one? I snapped this pic yesterday. The plant is over 9 foot tall. The buds smell sweet as strawberries. The weed is real strong, real good.Exotic flavor. I ran this plant 3 times so far and keep a clone all the time.
picture.php

The ace panama.

Panama
Our Panama hybrid has been developed with different Panama and Colombian strains. It is a serious breeding project of 5 years.

We have combined an old Panama sativa from the 70s, a 'green' Panama grown there nowadays and colombian red point.

Original tropical panama and colombians varieties need 4-5 mounths to flower
and produce fluffy buds. But we have been working very hard to reduce the size, flowering times, to increase yields, bud density and resin formation of the original panama lines in our hybrid. We have also adapt the genetics to colder environments and have reduced light requeriments.

Our Panama it's a vigorous and manageable sativa that can be grown indoors and in great variety of climates. She flowers in about 10-11 weeks producing very dense, resinous and aromatic high quality sativa buds.

There are 2 phenos in the population, being both quite frequent: the green and the red pheno.

The red pheno grows very bushy. Its young pistils have a characteristic red colour (and not the whitish classic colour ), and then magenta when they are mature. The high is strong, dense and psychedelic.

The green pheno is lighter in colour, has wider leaf and thicker stems. The grown pattern is a little bit more columnar but still with very good branching.

The green pheno flowers with the classic white pistils. The strong crystal formation and the light colour makes a nice combination of green and white.The high is a little bit clearer and more energetic than the red panamas.

Both phenos have similar size, potency, bud density, resin formation and similar flowering times, finishing at mid October in temperate climates. The aromas are sweet, earthy with great terpene density and quality.
Panama - International Cannagraphic Magazine Forums

Red panama buds

10402Panama_redbud.jpg

10402Panama_redbud2.jpg

Panama - International Cannagraphic Magazine Forums

Quote:
Our panama is a hybrid composed by different panama sativas. We have bred her in a temperate latitude for high yield, high potency and quality. Pure original tropical panama have fluffier flowers. They are more delicate with temps and light and they take longer to flower. But you have all the potential there to breed.
Panama - Page 2 - International Cannagraphic Magazine Forums

Quote:
We have experimented with different red columbian/panama subvarities in the past years but only used the best red line for our Panama hybrid.
Panama - Page 3 - International Cannagraphic Magazine Forums

DuskrayTroubador

Veteran
I'll definitely be looking into that!

What is the yield like on that? Do you train it at all or just let it grow Christmas tree style?

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
I'll definitely be looking into that!

What is the yield like on that? Do you train it at all or just let it grow Christmas tree style?

I usually train outdoor plants, but not this one. Straight up! Here Bro, I just ran out and snapped You a pic of it. The yeild is good, the buds are not fluffy. The odor and flavor is exquised

picture.php

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts