Veteran
Big South Pump from MAHA ...
2F66514C-629E-4982-A027-94BEF48B0A5D.jpeg
9756E468-1414-4D3F-B21B-454899EA72A2.jpeg
E4B478AB-AEBC-473E-9FC4-36D97E934C79.jpeg

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
Thanks MAHA - means a lot coming from you. They are doing OK despite my missteps. These will be the first plants I finish under HID after a nearly five year absence. I have almost killed a couple of them by misjudging their need for water. Got used to the lesser frequency of watering under LED only to be harshly reminded of the difference under HID.

I think these will stay mostly green as well with the possible exception of #1. Will be interesting to see how the cuts compare to the seed plants. #1 smells absolutely phenomenal. None of the others come close. A very mentholated/eucalyptus nose. I would describe #2 as more of a hashy-lemony nose. The rest, varying degrees of spice. One (can’t recall which now) has a bit of the menthol on the backend. I had no plans to run any plants outdoors this year as I will busy this spring but have to make an exception for #1 - and possibly #2, but no more, dammit! :biggrin:

If #2 smokes good she would make a good production plant - looks as though she’ll yield the most and will finish first. I noticed that Bodhi’s version lists as 7-8 weeks to finish and Reef’s as 8-9 weeks. How often do we find plants that finish within the advertised timeframe? Rarely for me but I won’t be surprised to find #2 ready at 8wks. Here she is at day 46:

#7 was the runt of the bunch and overall has seemed to lack vigor. The cut of her grew rather funky. I did not keep it.

#7, day 47:

Will try to get some pics of #5 tonight or tomorrow. She's definitely the outlier. Leaf shape and flower structure much different than the rest. Very little resin. Very little aroma wise.

I got two purple phenos, they were more stony. but interesting plants anyway. I got one 8 weeker too.

yes, there is blueberry menthol pheno for sure. it is favorite of many. like I said, my favorite was grape turpentine pheno. very hazy to me. even few times I smoked it, it had little rush to it. the smell and taste is so addictive. although it is different character than modern super tasting weed. it is more sublime. there is no reason to be addictive, but it is :D hehe.

...CR500AF...

WOW if you going for a single cola that is it ...:headbange
Hmmm Happy weed that would be nice to laugh and giggle like we did as kids...;)

OregonBorn

Curious as to your thoughts about Limeygreen’s plants. Too tightly structured for any semblance of what you recall? Looks to be a good deal of purple, but of course that’s not a conclusive indicator.

Understandable about sharing pics. It IS a major pain in the ass right now. The last set I shared took me way too long and I wasn’t even able to sign off at the bottom… Hopefully it gets easier and you’re able to share some.

Thanks again for the backstories.

The purples in these plants here remind me of Maui Waui Cherry Bomb, the cross that Mr Greengenes made in Hawaii. It can be all purple stemmed, half purple stemmed, or all green stemmed. But the leaves remain green. MWCB is a cross of the old Maui Wowie x an unknown indica that someone was growing near him in the cane fields. Sneaky males being what they are. ;) Those Cherry Bomb buds have some purple in them and some have pink pistils. They have a larger bud structure, but more open than true indicas. They also grow a lot taller than indicas an they bloom like typical SW Mexican strains. The Zac Purples are super tall and were green to begin with and they turned all purple at the tops at the start of flowering. The entire colas were purple; stems, leaves, and calyxes. Purple on purple. Hence the name, 'purple'. They were also typical Mexican sativa plants with narrow leaves with long narrow colas. I pinched them so they were not as tall as they would be otherwise. But they wanted to grow large and tall. They were planted in the ground in a greenhouse. They grew similar to my other SW Mexican strains that I grew that year, but they bloomed about a month later and turned purple at bloom time. So imagine a large tall SW Mexican sativa that turns purple when in bloom. Purple was all the rage in the late 1970s, as was skunk weed. Well, as was any local grown (and Hawaiian and Mexican) sinsemilla.

D3pthCharg3

Interesting reading and beautiful plants; big thanks to those who contributed. will be going through a pack of BSHW bred by Reeferman (obtained about 7 years ago from Attitude) this summer.

Latest posts

Latest posts