Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ivan Milat
    replied
    I've just thrown mine out,because of ph level swings. Once you install your pump, keep an eye on it. I think the pump was making it go crazy. Now without it i have less changes.. I liked the idea of more oxygen
    Sigh

Leave a comment:

• Jerry_Garcia
    replied
    It does not come with a dome - we'll see how it goes. My only addition to the setup is a pump for a pair of air stones.

Leave a comment:

• Ivan Milat
    replied
    Nice Jerry, looking good. Keep it up!
    I'm just test driving my new selfmade ez cloner. Getting ready for cuttings in two three days too. Does the original come woth a dome? Thinking of a clear plastic bag to cover the top. Good luck with the cloning

Leave a comment:

• Jerry_Garcia
    replied
    Finally got around to making the room changes I mentioned a while back. I'm now pulling fresh cooler air into the veg tent and I also cut into my HVAC and dropped in an air diffuser. It will be interesting to see the room temperature drop once we come back around to warmer temps. It's currently closed off given we had to turn on the damn heat already.

All of the plants seem happy at the moment. Thought I may have had a calcium deficiency a number of days back. It was only one plant so I found it very odd. I gave them all a light shot of CalMag and all seems to now be well.

I broke down and just purchased an EZ Clone 16 system. I have one of the bag seed ladies that has really caught my attention. I didn't train her at all and she is branching beautifully. I am also closely watching one of the (NL#2 x Chem) x OPG. I am pretty certain she is a female and her vigor is a step above the other two. I may just focus on these two plants for cloning. I'll give them a good drink today and be ready for cloning Sunday. Then I plan to flip to 12/12.

Leave a comment:

• Jerry_Garcia
    replied
    Ivan, I'll let you know about the cloner.

A few more pics to show the height. One is the two bag seed that I didn't LST, one that I did a little LST and the three NL#2 crosses (still in one gallon pots). I just gave them a little spritz so they may look a little wet.

Temperatures at the canopy are holding very steady at 78-79F lights on.

Leave a comment:

• Ivan Milat
    replied
    Hmm...19 inches...how much was that again?
    I'm a bloody kraut though...lol.
    Maybe the look in your pics is deceiving. Damn...that's 50cm. Ripper bro..i take back what i said about the growth. Your definitely ahead of me. Mine are max 30cm...but as i said..i bent the living crap out of them, to the point of some branches breaking or splitting. If you build a cloner..let me know how much you gad to spend. That aussie dollar is fucked..so i laid around a hundred. I wouldn't be surprised if you get away with 50 bucks. all the best for you and the ladies
    Btw...how are the temperatures now?

Leave a comment:

• Ivan Milat
    replied
    Tried to edit again and this is the outcome....fucken hell
    Sry, jerry

Leave a comment:

• Jerry_Garcia
    replied
    Interesting Ivan. I’m curious when you popped your seeds compared to mine and the growth you are getting. Different strains/different rates but still curious. The two bag seed females I didn’t LST are about 19”. The NL#2 cross that are about two weeks behind are around 12”. From seed and in soil I’m pleased with the growth rate of them all.
    Last edited by Jerry_Garcia; 09-08-2020, 03:27.

Leave a comment:

• Ivan Milat
    replied
    Hey Jerry, good to see an update.
    Looks a bit like your plants didnt grow too well. I think mine,which had a bad start,caught up to youes or even took over in growth. Hard to say as o pruned mine heavy and gave them a LST treatment. Maybe youre r8ght about the ph...but I'd cut the leaf and check it out with a microscope for any pests.
    Btw..i just made my own cloner bucket yesterday..i got itchy after you mentioned it...hehehe. it works beautiful. In the next days ill cut clones of the best growing strawberry Akeil.
    Regards, Ivan

Leave a comment:

• Jerry_Garcia
    replied
    Thanks for the cloner link Ivan!

So a little update on the plants. I just transplanted the four bag seed ladies into 7 gallon fabric pots. Gonna veg for a few more days and then flip. The three (NL#2 x Chem) x OPG are just starting to show sex. Still officially undetermined but I may have 2 males and a single lady. A few more days and I should know for sure.

I noticed a lower fan leaf looking funny on one particular plant late last week. It looked to me like classic calcium deficiency which is odd given none of the other plants are showing the same and I have adequate dolomite lime in my soil mix. Regardless, I gave all the plants a light dose of Earth Juice's Cal-n-Mag at one teaspoon to a gallon of water. I know it could also be the start of a pH issue. I"m feeding plain tap water and an Earth Juice tea both adjusted to a pH of between 6.5-6.8 but I guess it isn't impossible my soil has gotten a little acidic. I'll let them adjust to the new pots and watch them close.

Last edited by Jerry_Garcia; 09-07-2020, 15:55.

Leave a comment:

• Ivan Milat
    replied
    Sorry for double posting, but it wouldnt let me edit for some reason.

In case you go with a cloner,I'd do what crazy chester suggested and make my own. You'll save heaps of money and its so simple. Check the following link out. That's how cheap you can go or even cheaper like a dwc with an airpump only. I used one and it worked, just gotta make sure it bubbles everywhere underneath and there aren't any dry patches

https://youtu.be/22tAeqMa9us

Leave a comment:

• Ivan Milat
    replied
    How are the plants going, Jerry? Hope everything is going well

Leave a comment:

• Crazy Chester
    replied
    That's cool they are showing sex, Jerry - won't be long now before you got some flowers - or pollen. Yeah, why not take some clones - due to my low light mom/dad room, I'm taking clones to replace the mom/dad often.

As to the EZ Clone Classic 16, I think the water cloners are the best way to clone. I've been suffering with a dome and rockwool for a while as I've told myself I'm going to build an EZ cloner, but, that project hasn't gotten to the top of the list yet. In any event, I think the EZ cloner will work well for you.

Leave a comment:

• Jerry_Garcia
    replied
    So here we are at about 4.5 weeks for the bag seed and they all are starting to show sex. Some of the preflowers are still very small so I'm waiting a little bit on culling the males. I think I will be looking at 4 females and 2 males. I'm debating if I should take a few clones...again mainly for practice.

I'm debating getting the EZ Clone Classic 16. Does anyone have any experience with one of these...are there better ones to purchase or would one of these be a good one to grab?

Leave a comment:

• Jerry_Garcia
    replied
    Thanks Chester! Going well so far. Bag seed 5 showed some sex this morning...oh well, one down.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X