What's new

GIRL's GOT SKILLS

~star~crash~

see the way my mind works is not to wonder why she wants 2lbs of glue...but to wonder who wouldn't want 2 lbs of glue?:biggrin:

picture.php

Kant C Shyt

Veteran
Hey Aspenou812, finally found your thread and i'm pulling up a seat. Got some reading to do to catch up but looking forward to seeing the skills you got girl! GL and take care 1

Hey ~star~crash~, I wouldn't mind 2 lbs of that any day. She is always welcome lol.

Aspenou812

Veteran
so is there a need for me to repot into the 3 gallon air pots now that i'm in coco? Ill probably go 5 weeks vege and repot them..... that extra gallon of coco should help...

Last edited:

Aspenou812

Veteran
Hey Aspenou812, finally found your thread and i'm pulling up a seat. Got some reading to do to catch up but looking forward to seeing the skills you got girl! GL and take care 1

Hey ~star~crash~, I wouldn't mind 2 lbs of that any day. She is always welcome lol.

Excellent KCS welcome to my Grow....:):):)

Ravenboy

so is there a need for me to repot into the 3 gallon air pots now that i'm in coco? Ill probably go 5 weeks vege and repot them..... that extra gallon of coco should help...

I use about 2 gallons of coco/perlite - my average last run was 7 ounces per plant. but you have to keep it wet...

Catatafish

Veteran

Uh i wasnt paying attention :0..... but i like to pot into my final container an absolute minimum of 1 week before flipping for flower but shoot for 2 weeks or more to let the pot get rooted properly. You want to be feeding at least once a day at start if not not twice.

You dont want to be waiting for the pot to root when you're in flower.....hit the ground running. 2 gals as well...never tried to root a 3gal yet.....kinda scared when the plant is already bigger than me in 2gal.

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i use 3's , but you'll be fine in the 2 gallon pots , you'll just have to feed more to keep them moist . but your feed schedule you posted should do just fine .:tiphat:
half pound plants are very doable in 2 gallon pots . & like Cat said , you really don't want to repot right before flower , they need time to build a good root system which takes a couple weeks .

Catatafish

Veteran
i use 3's , but you'll be fine in the 2 gallon pots , you'll just have to feed more to keep them moist . but your feed schedule you posted should do just fine .:tiphat:
half pound plants are very doable in 2 gallon pots . & like Cat said , you really don't want to repot right before flower , they need time to build a good root system which takes a couple weeks .

Yup. 3's probably give you a better safety net with keeping moist. Like raven said, gotta stay on top of your watering with 2's. 1/2#'s all day long. Shit you have to keep the 2's wet just to keep them from falling over :biggrin:. 3's probably keep em a little more bottom stable too.

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yup. 3's probably give you a better safety net with keeping moist. Like raven said, gotta stay on top of your watering with 2's. 1/2#'s all day long. Shit you have to keep the 2's wet just to keep them from falling over :biggrin:. 3's probably keep em a little more bottom stable too.

yeah they do !!! lol
& its easier to reuse the 3 gallon pots than it is the 2's . the 2's became rootbound way to fast for me to reuse them . the 3's i can reuse 3 times before finally chucking the coco .

Aspenou812

Veteran
I've Noticed a problem with my system that just won't do!!!!
When i made and tested the Irrigation System, I at that point had not drilled the center ring of dripper holes out, and my 500 gph pump was pushing a hard stream through each hydro halo, with a very close output on each Hydro Halo, Les than an ounce of difference in each Halo output.
Now they just drip out and the output is all over the place, I think getting the pressure up in the manifold quickly is a must for output, you need that back pressure. so the way i see it I can either order new Halos or i can get a bigger pump. I'll wait a day or two for you guys to give me your opinions, but i'm leaning towards a new pump probably 1200 gph danner mag drive pond master .

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
thats a tuff call ! personally i like a slow feed . i use 264gph 0r 396 gph pumps & they deliver a nice even feed in my set up . takes about a minute & a half to get runoff , more as they grow .
i thought fer sure that 500 would be to fast of a feed , especially using 1/2 " lines to the drip rings . & now your thinking a 1200 ..... wow

how big did you drill out the holes on the rings ?

anywho ....... good luck on whatever you decide !

Aspenou812

Veteran
thats a tuff call ! personally i like a slow feed . i use 264gph 0r 396 gph pumps & they deliver a nice even feed in my set up . takes about a minute & a half to get runoff , more as they grow .
i thought fer sure that 500 would be to fast of a feed , especially using 1/2 " lines to the drip rings . & now your thinking a 1200 ..... wow

how big did you drill out the holes on the rings ?

anywho ....... good luck on whatever you decide !

they are about twice the size of the original

holes in the Hydro halo.... see these pictures were after i drilled the inner row of holes out.... the inner row is all i drilled out there are three rows of PIN HOLES but it made a huge difference in the pressure, not enough back pressure to really pressurize the manifold to insure the feeds are equal in volume at each Hydro Halo, now they drip and fire off one at a time, so basicly the first one fires off and a few seconds later the 6th one fires off. the pump turns off all at once so i'm sure the ones in the back get a little more solution. is that wasteful or am i nitpicking a little, some how i think they should be getting the same amount of nutrient solution all around. It could always be my OCD kicking me a little..... thanks guys.....

Last edited: