No announcement yet.

ReikoX's Workshop Rebuild 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All very cool, reiko. I am following along . . .

Btw I love the press in your diagrams. I was trying to figure out what it was from the overhead drawings.
    Is it Time for Show & Tell?
    Arguing on the net is like yelling in space.

Comment

I got the storage cabinet taken completely apart and moved into storage, under the house. I just couldn't being myself to throw it I'm sure I will find a use for it someday.

I got the interior pieces broken down and ready to take to the dumpster. I ended up saving the wood frame, but cutting down the foam board and sound deadening board.

It's amazing how dirty it got behind that cabinet in the last five years or so. I can only imagine what the workbench looks like under it too. This is one thing I wont have to worry about in the new room.

I'll be packing all this stuff up in boxes and putting it in storage as well. Some of this will probably be used in the new room.
      ReikoX's Workshop
      2017, 2018, 2019, 2020,2021
      Afropip's Durban Poison Repro Tester
      WWxBB Auto Tester

Comment

While I'm working on the workshop, I have my bonsai mothers in a 16"x16" tent. They were getting quite crowded, so I had to give them a trim. I usually have to do this every couple of weeks.

The tent is powered by a 50W LED panel, has a 4" inline fan, and a webcam in it. I just recently added the 6" oscillating circulation fan because the tent wasn't getting warm enough to kick on the extraction fan enough.
        ReikoX's Workshop
        WWxBB Auto Tester

Comment

I removed my environmental controls from the workshop. So, I went ahead and packed up my 16" x 16" tent and moved it into my upstairs bathroom.

With the 16" x 16" tent out of the way, I also cleared off the drafting table that sat in this corner. My next step will be to remove that shelf. I will also move the toolbox out of the way.

This wall is one of the two walls that need to be torn down. I'm hoping the framing is up to code, or it could be a bigger job than I had hoped for.

This wall will also need to be torn down. I'll be moving the workbench out of the way and removing the cabinets soon. I am hoping to re-use the cabinets over the workbench. My stash box and rosin press will stay in the workshop during the rebuild.
          ReikoX's Workshop
          WWxBB Auto Tester

Comment

Started a little bit of demolition on the workshop. Last week I removed the shelf that was against the west (outside) wall. Apparently this was part of the original construction. The sheetrock wasnt finished and there were no ceiling tiles under it.

Turns out the east (interior) wall was sheetrock on the inside of the workshop, and is definitely wood panel on the other side. This had to have be some of the thinnest sheetrock I have ever seen (1/4"?) I'm seriously considering replacing the sheetrock on both sides at once.

I also plan on moving that electrical outlet. I want to replace it with a switch. The switch for the light in this room also controls the light in the family room. I also want to relocate that switch to the family room, it is currently in the laundry room.

The north (interior) wall was masonite on the inside of the wall. This wall is already insulated and has OSB behind the insulation. So that should make replacing the paneling in the other room fairly easy.
            ReikoX's Workshop
            WWxBB Auto Tester

Comment

Mothers getting a little leggy. Note there are 10 plants in this 10"x20" tray. I have to do this every couple of weeks.
              ReikoX's Workshop
              WWxBB Auto Tester

Comment

A little more progress today. Been removing the tile from the workshop. Still not settled on what I want to do with the floors yet. It's in good shape pretty level and no cracks that I've found yet. Any suggestions?
                ReikoX's Workshop
                WWxBB Auto Tester

Comment

With the old flooring completely removed, I decided to get the walls prepped for paint. As you can see, I was getting some mold buildup behind my cabinets.

First step was to spray everything down with vinigar and let it set for an hour. I ran some errands and when I came back my house smelled like a salad. After that I added about 8 tablespoons of baking soda to a half a gallon of water and used that to scrub down the walls.
                  ReikoX's Workshop
                  WWxBB Auto Tester

Comment

I'm pretty sure I won't be needing a land line in the grow room anymore. So I filled the hole with some hardware cloth and taped over it.

You can see the hole is filled now, along with any other random nail holes that were in the walls. I also put a bit of a texture over the bare sheetrock. Most of that will be covered with the cabinets anyway. A little sanding tomorrow and it should be ready for a coat of KillZ.

And I need to decide what I'm going to do with the ceiling. My intuition says sheetrock it, I'm sure the humidity isnt going to play well with these ceiling tiles. What do you all think?
                    ReikoX's Workshop
                    WWxBB Auto Tester

Comment

Trash the tiles and install sheet rock, my two cents.
                      "So we're just done with phrasing, right, that's not a thing anymore?."

"He's like Jesus, just dumber and fatter, and holds the Bible upside down".

Comment

Little more progress was made today. Got the ceiling tiles all down.

Since I'm going to be putting up sheetrock I don't need all these strips either.

Looks like I need to do another dump run.
                        ReikoX's Workshop
                        WWxBB Auto Tester

Comment

Originally posted by ReikoX View Post
                          Little more progress was made today. Got the ceiling tiles all down.
                          View Image

Since I'm going to be putting up sheetrock I don't need all these strips either.
                          View Image

Looks like I need to do another dump run.
                          View Image
                          Put those strips back up! They are called strapping and they are put up every 4` and you attach your drywall to it. What it does is isolates the movement in your floor joists above you so that your new drywall ceiling doesnt crack at the seems from movement. If I was you I would also put poly plastic up before hanging the drywall to keep vapor(moisture) out of the ceiling from the grow space. Good luck and love the progress
                          My Unicorn
                          https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=8833045

Mass outdoor 2020
                          https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=372077

We are the no men in no mans land!

"Death don`t hurt very long"

Comment

Today I cleaned up the ceiling tiles and the furring strips. Then I swept up all the nails and such. Finally I put a few coats of exterior primer/sealer on the walls. Painting is a lot easier when you dont have to worry about dripping paint on the floors. I always hated the yellow color in there.

I painted the shelf under the window and the window sill as well. This was the only part where I needed an edging brush.
                            ReikoX's Workshop
                            WWxBB Auto Tester

Comment

I would go with epoxy floor coating. I used it in my old grow shed, worked well.

Comment

I am invested in this. I dug your grows before; this reorg and rebuild is a very cool revolution, of sorts. Loving every update.
                                Tell the people you love that you love them.

Comment

Working...
                                X