What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DIY 660 watt Pacific Light Concepts LED build.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Don't have time to go through the entire thread right now, but I bookmarked it for future reference, because I'm sure I'm going to learn a lot of stuff when I find the time to read it.

Nice work!
Thanks very much for that. I had fun building this light and it has treated me VERY well. There are some real inexpensive ones out now that everyone is on board. You can prob buy much cheaper than what it cost me to make this light. I was not interested in purchasing a cheap light. I like quality and DIY so this fit for me. Every part is replaceable if anything were to go wrong. I even bought some extra strips in case any went bad.
The only issue I have had is breaking 2 or 3 diodes on 1 strip when I moved it and hit it...my fault totally. The rest of the strip still works fine and I do have a replacement.
PLC is not in business anymore but there are many comparable if not better strips out there that will work with the sinks. I would check out Greengenes videos on the tube to...very detailed and some other options for sinks exist.
Have a sweet day. Peace, negative.

CharlesU Farley

The only issue I have had is breaking 2 or 3 diodes on 1 strip when I moved it and hit it...my fault totally. The rest of the strip still works fine and I do have a replacement.
I'm just waiting for that to happen with the SMB boards I use, when I've got the watering wand out. I get pretty vigorous when I water the plants and one of these days I'm going to whack the LEDs that are mounted on the board and probably short everything out. :ROFLMAO:

greyfader

Thanks very much for that. I had fun building this light and it has treated me VERY well. There are some real inexpensive ones out now that everyone is on board. You can prob buy much cheaper than what it cost me to make this light. I was not interested in purchasing a cheap light. I like quality and DIY so this fit for me. Every part is replaceable if anything were to go wrong. I even bought some extra strips in case any went bad.
PLC is not in business anymore but there are many comparable if not better strips out there that will work with the sinks. I would check out Greengenes videos on the tube to...very detailed and some other options for sinks exist.
Have a sweet day. Peace, negative.
nice thread buddy! i just now read it and found it helped me understand how LED grow lights are built.