What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Optic 8+ LED Settings for Veg and Bloom

greenops

Any Optic 8 users out there that can help me out? I'm growing in a 4 x 4 tent, how should I set the knobs, for veg and then for bloom?

VEG 0 - 100%, BLOOM 0 - 100%, BLOOM ENHANCER 0 - 100%, COBs On/Off

Unfortunately there's no info on that on their website. Hope to get some help, I don't want to burn my seedlings.

optic8 1.jpg

optic8 2.jpg

optic8 3.jpg

optic8 4.jpg

VEG Dimmer: Controls4 COBs: Two of the 5000k cool white COBs & Two 3500k daylight white COBs.

BLOOM Dimmer: 4 Corner COBs:Controls four daylight white 3500k COBs.

BLOOM ENHANCER Dimmer: Controls the bloom enhancer array.
Switches:

Switch #1: COBs ON/OFF (Turns all 8 COBs on)

Switch #2: Bloom Enhancer ON/OFF

Switch #1 & Switch#2: ON (Full Power)

https://opticledgrowlights.eu/products/optic-8-500-watt-dimmable-cob-led-grow-light

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
Like any LED - hang it high & start slowly. Dial them down in seedling stage & gradually increase in veg to flame it in flower. You will have to learn the light by watching the plants. Keep an eye out for dry curling leaves on top & make sure to watch your nute balance as the plants will probably need a nice cal/mag supplement.

troutman

Seed Whore
I have another type of LED and maybe their recommendations can guide you until you figure what your light recommends.

I'm using Spider Farmer 1000 and 4000 at the moment and this is what they recommend.

Note: Just go slow until you figure it out. Slower growth is better than burnt plants any day ;).

default_name.jpg