What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Aluminum Shed ?

jamrock

I have a aluminum shed grow house. I am trying to attach mylar and plastic to the walls and ceiling. I tried all kind of duct tape and it did not work. What other materials could I use. either in place of mylar and plastic. Or what other materials can one use to attach these things.

Then there is the heat. I have a fan , but it seems that the temperature is very hot in there. High 80's

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I am using a 4 ft shop light with a daylight 6500 lumens builb. I plan on only using this rom for germinating, vegging and cloning. NOT FLOWERING

Jamrock

G

spray adhesive...dam im stoned...or velcro

Last edited:
probably going to get even hotter in there when summer really starts to hit. duct tape won't help much when heat will "melt" the adhesive. use spray adhesive or just paint the inside with some flat white paint.

G

i would have sheet rocked the walls unless your not worried about smell

kennycar

Spray adhesive or flat white paint would be the best but you are going to have a real problem with the heat unless your shed is in the shade and you might still have a problem with the heat.

Storm Crow

Veteran
tin shed = solar oven!

tin shed = solar oven!

Your shed is going to need to be insulated! Off the top of my head, the cheapest solution would be to get some big cardboard boxes (try a furniture/ appliance store or get diaper/ paper towel boxes), open them up and glue them to the ceiling and walls. I'd try gluing the mylar to the cardboard first, then gluing the cardboard. Repaint your roof to white, if it isn't already white. My shed gets up to over 100 degrees in summer, but I'm using it for storage, not growing. Insulating your shed will also plug any tell-tale light leaks! - Granny

G

This is my Tin-can. I wouldn't even attempt running lights in it during the summer. It will be 20-30 degrees hotter in there than outside.

Look up sonomas 10 Lb. shed. His is dialed.

GCG

jamrock

new developments

new developments

I have now used spray adhesive, and attached mylar. There is a fan and three vents. It LOOKS great,and plants inside are still thriving. PIX to follow. The tin shed is next to my tomato garden. I plan transplant to the garden after they grow a bit.
BUT IT STILL IS HOT IN THERE IN THE MIDDAY :spank:

jamrock

LORD BENIS

Cool little room jamrock!
How big do you veg them to in there before flowering? Have you ever thought of tearing the roof off and replacing it with clear polycarbonate? You'd get a lot more light and you could still run some shop lights to prevent early flowering. That's what I've always wanted to do. Just food for thought. :)

Last edited:
G

Thats what I'd suggest, those plants will be bigger than you can imagine if you just replace the roof with polycarbonate and get a vent fan in there.

LORD BENIS

Any clear polycarbonate should be OK and yes, they'll still get all the sun's goodies. And if you ran a vent fan in there you should be sitting pretty. Good luck jamrock and keep us posted, your shed has more potential than you know! :)

jamrock

need more info

need more info

Does the greenhouse with the polycarbonate prolong yout growing season?

I think I need to be more stealth. Can you use other than clear to keep prying eyes away?

I added another shop light. So far the heat has not been a problem and we have had our warmest days so far. IT is still ealry in the game, more pix will follow

Jamrock

LORD BENIS

It's less of a greenhouse and more of a shed with a sunroof. If sealed tight you should be able to grow all year long, especially with access to power, that's the beauty of it all! If your walls are tall enough people shouldn't be able to see in through the roof, but if they can then just throw some shade cloth on top. That and don't grow them through the roof. How tall are the walls on your shed?

jamrock

rapid rooter Tray horror!

rapid rooter Tray horror!

Hi all,
I had a tray of rapid rooter seedlings in the shed. all plants were doing great. One night , I watered them and removed the humidity dome. Well! almost all of them did a sudden wilt and never returned to health. (they died)
I am trying to figure out what was the cause?

Overwatering?
Heat?
Sudden loss of humidity dome?
Roots sucking the life out of the plant
ph imbalance

I just dont want this to happen again. :bashhead:

Also there is another rapid rooter set up. All still healthy

All the other plants are healthy

The Diesel was the first to go followed by the Ice and Early Misty :fsu:

:cuss:

jamrock
I have vents and two fans circulating air. Also I am only blocks from the beach (temps does not get super hot)

DIGITALHIPPY

Veteran
jamrock said:
Hi all,
I had a tray of rapid rooter seedlings in the shed. all plants were doing great. One night , I watered them and removed the humidity dome. Well! almost all of them did a sudden wilt and never returned to health. (they died)
I am trying to figure out what was the cause?

Overwatering?
Heat?
Sudden loss of humidity dome?
Roots sucking the life out of the plant
ph imbalance

I just dont want this to happen again. :bashhead:

Also there is another rapid rooter set up. All still healthy

All the other plants are healthy

The Diesel was the first to go followed by the Ice and Early Misty :fsu:

:cuss:

jamrock
I have vents and two fans circulating air. Also I am only blocks from the beach (temps does not get super hot)

thats called "hardening them off"

next time
take the dome off for 2-7 min or untill they start to wilt, then put it back on.
do the same thing 6 hours later. then 4 hours later then 3 hours later

do that for a couple days and itll be ready to take top off.

i like shed growing. this pic is old i added a second A/C unit.

Latest posts

Latest posts