No announcement yet.

Farmerlion's Greenhouse 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great little space you have there. How do you find the grow bags?

Comment

Nancee, this is only the second season with these bags. So far I really like them. Reusable, strong and no root issues from binding or excess moisture retention. Incredible root mass in every bag last season. They are 35 and 45 gallon grow bags. One or two plants per bag and they do very well all season. I did plant three plants in two bags last season. They used up the available nutrients quickly and didn't grow evenly. One large plant and two runts. I really like them overall.

Have a great week. Peace

Comment

Awesome greenhouse, FL! Lots of things being done right here.

Only thing I might do different at this point is to start a cover crop in each pot before transplanting. This ensures you’ve already warmed up the engine before the plants take a seat. To each his own though...you gotta do what works for you.

I’ve also heard that planting beneficial insect plants like marigolds near the trees will help with insect suppression/diversion, but I have no direct experience using them myself...just taking in observations from others.

Speaking of trees, how tall is that ceiling, FL? Some of those varieties I see on your list are gonna be big girls for sure...you’ll be crawling around in there to prune in no time, lol. You could always top them, I suppose.

Best of luck on the season!

HB.

Comment

Greetings FarmerLion. Pray you and your family are well. Lovely selection you have in the green house this year. Pray you have a great grow season and enjoy all the stages along the way. Peace, Love and Happy Growing!!!

Comment

ULMW, always great to hear from you brother. Waiting for the seeds to come up. Right after I placed them in soil it cooled down, rained and became overcast. Prayers and best wishes for you and your family too.

Hemphry Bogart, check out grow bag in post 15, no transplanting. Ceiling is 10', plants can be 8' before they are in the roof. I did top a couple plants last season. I'm not a big fan of it myself. Our flowering times are so short with natural light. I didn't have any benefit by topping. Counting stress recovery week. Side branches were a little heavier but overall weight between two Michoacan Creams was a couple grams. Topped plant was 6 grams heavier but didn't have the frost of the untopped plant. I did top about a week before flowering started, it wasn't planned just something to do and observe.
            As far as bugs go. I introduce bugs into the greenhouse on a schedule four weeks into the vegetative cycle. Peace

Comment

I added some plants in the greenhouse and outside. Inside I now have Blue Thai, Kush-n-Cheese and Critical Cheese. Outside I added two Erdpurts one Panama Deep Chunk one Panama Deep Chunk x PCK and two original Gorilla Glues. I will start posting some pictures next week.
              Peace

Comment

This sounds interesting. Subbed.

Comment

Thanks for stopping by JST. This season seems slower taking off. I did start a few weeks earlier than last year. I will back up again next season.
                  Can't rush mother nature. Peace

Comment

Subbed for this year

Comment

Packerfan79, it's great to hear from you brother. I hope that this season goes as I have pictured in my mind. Peace brother

Comment

Oh how I love sunshine! Many after getting their feet under them for a week. Have really started growing. All bags are filled and up except one. I have some seeds germinating on the heat pad. The next two to produce a tap root, regardless of strain. Will make the final bag for the season.
                        Peace

Comment

dude, that I a first rate healing center. watching with baited breath!

Comment

nksv, thanks for stopping by my friend. After coffee with momma. A Blue Cheese said pick me, pick me! So I will have 3 Cheese varieties ( Blueberry, Critical and Kush-n-Cheese ��). I was trying to germinate a Skunk1 x UK Cheese. The first two seeds wouldn't pop so I moved on.
                            It should be real dank by end of September. I will have pictures later today. Peace

Comment

May 26th update

Hey all, Happy Memorial Day to all our current and past service members. God Bless and thank you!

Here is some pictures of a few of the strains.

Here is two of the four Lebanese I have going. The other two are in their own 35 gallon root pouch grow bags.

This is an Original Sour Diesel, she was the first plant to come up for this season.

These are two Auto Malawi x Northern Lights sharing a 45 gallon grow bag. Have a great holiday weekend ! Peace

Comment

Heavy thunderstorms Saturday night filled up the rain barrels again. The outdoor plants are enjoying the fresh water. The temps are a little cooler today. All plants are getting fat and happy.
                                Peace

Comment

Working...
                                X