What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hoop house film concern.

Howdy all. So for purely security/privacy reasons I have decided to do a hoop house this season. Usually have 2 or 3 going outdoors in full sun, and always have something in the cabinet year round, but this season I wanted to up the plant count. Anyhow, I am having concerns about the film I have used to cover the hoop, and with how much light it's letting in. 10x20x8 hoop house in full all day sun, and is covered in 55% 0paque poly film. I wanted something white for diffusion, and keep eyes outta what's inside, but it seems dark. Plants are still outside in full sun, but are gonna be transplanted to 30 gal pots in the next few weeks and will not leave the hoop after that. For curiosity sake I ran a stupid lux meter app on my phone, and it gave me a reading of 13000 lux in the hoop, pretty much anywhere inside it. Granted this was 8 in the morning at very low sun, but outside it was 65000. I guess what I am looking for is an assurance that this film will work to grow some good weed, and a heavy harvest. I am definitely having doubts even though this film from farm plastic supply came heavily recommend.