What's new

Compact SOG with CFL's

G

i find it hard to believe that your yielding 10 oz's per square foot.:jerkit:

either way its prolly some danky dank :joint: nice grow!!!

Last edited:

DrBudGreengenes

Veteran
fresh said:
i find it hard to believe that your yielding 10 oz's per square foot.:jerkit:

either way its prolly some danky dank :joint: nice grow!!!
It's not hard it just must be done "Staggered" in steps...so all the plants recieve light
If done all at once it will not work :rasta:

Last edited:

HerbGlaze

Eugene Oregon
Veteran
Going for a rubbermaid CFL grow 2 24Gallon tubs staked with 3 computer fans 2 80 Comp Fans for intake and 1 120 Comp fan for Exhaust... using 1 150w CFL for veg and 2 150w for Flower can somebody do this math how many whats am I doing PSF?
300w in 26.5 x 19.3 x 17.4 inches x 2 because of the rubbermaids staked?
Im confused.

Tactik

HerbGlaze said:
Going for a rubbermaid CFL grow 2 24Gallon tubs staked with 3 computer fans 2 80 Comp Fans for intake and 1 120 Comp fan for Exhaust... using 1 150w CFL for veg and 2 150w for Flower can somebody do this math how many whats am I doing PSF?
300w in 26.5 x 19.3 x 17.4 inches x 2 because of the rubbermaids staked?
Im confused.

you have 3.5 square feet (first turn width and depth into feet instead of inches and then multiply them together) and 300w of light for flower, which works out to 85.7 wpsf.

Hey Doc, been following this thread for a while now. Very inspirational. Good to see you posting in it again (had a little bit of a dry spell, haha)

Much love

G

So, are you using mixed spectrum like in the one old pic, or all warms?

Impressive results, btw! You've got me thinkin' up some new ideas... :canabis:

Last edited:

DrBudGreengenes

Veteran
QUOTE=Sun.is.Shining]So, are you using mixed spectrum like in the one old pic, or all warms?

Impressive results, btw! You've got me thinkin' up some new ideas... :canabis:[/QUOTE]
That was just for the pics.... '
They are all 42 watt warms 5 of them now :rasta:
[

G

"It's not hard it just must be done "Staggered" in steps...so all the plants recieve light
If done all at once it will not work "

when you say staggered, how do you position your plants? do you have them growing from left to right in your box smallest to biggest? or maybe you do V shape or Pyramid shape??? or maybe you randomize trying to create a even canopy with gaps?? i know you said you use step stools for the first 10 days but on a 9 weeker they stretch for 3-4 weeks???

blackone

Veteran
Read the entire thread:)
Staggered means plants are started at different times, and also harvested at different times. I believe he wrote he's harvesting 3 plants every week - then 3 new ones go in the closet. The advantage is that the new plants can stand closer to each other, while the plants that need the light the most can be given more space.

Last edited:

DrBudGreengenes

Veteran
blackone said:
Read the entire thread:)
Staggered means plants are started at different times, and also harvested at different times. I believe he wrote he's harvesting 3 plants every week - then 3 new ones go in the closet. The advantage is that the new plants can stand closer to each other, while the plants that need the light the most can be given more space.

Ya what he said^^^
Blackone has seen the whole movie

vinivici

Hey DrBud

I just read through your entire grow. i gotta say its amazing. i just setup a CFL veg room and i found some things you might be interested in.

the website 1000bulbs has 85 105 150 and 200 watt cfl's (actual wattage)

i just picked up the 105's for $22

just read through the entire thread 2. and actually after seeing your thread for time is what made me want to register for this site and post my grow on here. think what you have done is amazing.

here my grow, its my first grow in these pics shes in her 5 week of flower. under
about 170w of cfls what do think?

DrBudGreengenes

Veteran
greendream69 said:
just read through the entire thread 2. and actually after seeing your thread for time is what made me want to register for this site and post my grow on here. think what you have done is amazing.

here my grow, its my first grow in these pics shes in her 5 week of flower. under
about 170w of cfls what do think?

Yur' plant is lookin great for yur' first time

jackie treehorn

Can I just say god BLESS the Fin internet and digital cameras while we're at it. This center for information is brilliant.
Dr. you are a man among boys. Not only do you come correct, but you do it OFF GRID. I bow down. :bow:

Are you Dr. Dallat or do you know him by chance? an old head from OG who was doing this just like you, but as I remember his yields were a bit less. What you got going here is a whole new *&#% UNIVERSE of productivity. Indulge me if you will.

Lets say electricity was not an issue and you had a 600w hid light. 4' x3' grow space in proportion to the reflector, perhaps? by my calcuations 16 plants by 12 plants...192 total, allowing three inches for soda containers. Now, here's where clones become an issue, but lets say you can solve this (over time, with patience grooming some moms and probably using no more extra room than you would already be using if you were growing BDBG (Before Dr. BudGreenGenius)), probably rotating racks of say...at 16 plants per square foot...64 plants? Four rotating racks?
this would mean...rotating one rack out ever two weeks.

64 plants at...lets allow for my ungodly hand as opposed to yours... 12 grams per plant? well over a pound and a half every two weeks.
OMFG this is the holy grail of herb:jawdrop:

Last edited:

stikik22

hi greenbuds, iwas wondering if this could be done from seed, by that i mean can i put a number of seeds under 12/12 and determine sex and cull out the males and put the remianing females into a flowering cab, i have about five females now that i have had on 12/12 for about a month from seed. they are in 32 oz cups cut down to about 10 or so oz. flowering with 8 100 watt cfls.

DrBudGreengenes

Veteran
stikik22 said:
hi greenbuds, iwas wondering if this could be done from seed, by that i mean can i put a number of seeds under 12/12 and determine sex and cull out the males and put the remianing females into a flowering cab, i have about five females now that i have had on 12/12 for about a month from seed. they are in 32 oz cups cut down to about 10 or so oz. flowering with 8 100 watt cfls.
You could do it with seed ........but it will be very hard to keep them uniform....even with a stable pheno :rasta:

blackone

Veteran
stikik22 said:
Does this mean you have a vegging and flowering cab? Why are you doing 12/12 from seed then - planning on revegging if you find a special pheno?

stikik22

blckone, yes i do h@ve veg @nd flower c@b, but this is going to be st@ggered so i will only tke wh@t plnts r reddy. vegging only for clones of my @fghni @nd kong phenos.

Latest posts

Latest posts