What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Diary PCBuds mini-grow

PCBuds

You might need to water her once a week, or once a day, or twice a day.

You just keep water in the tray.
She drinks what she needs.
No guessing. No analysis.

PCBuds

She's got about half a tank of gas...

Don't tell her what she needs, let her tell you.
Keep her happy and wet.

PCBuds

My window plant is just about 2 feet tall now.

The light slipped, slid down and touched the top of the plant a couple of days ago.

Luckily, I was standing right there taking pictures when it happened so I caught it right away, but I've got a burnt leaf now.

That's one thing I don't like about SILs.

PCBuds

Thinking about,..
I don't waste any nutes.
I have a Drain To Waste SIP planter in the closet but I only drain the planter if it's foul.

And it's not like a recirculation SIP, because I don't empty the reservoir every week.

I don't like dumping expensive nutes down the drain.
And it's not good for the environment.

I decided to start flushing my closet plant to try to wash out/dissolve any salt buildup.
I figure that a couple of weeks or so of straight RO water should dissolve any salts.

I intend on reusing my soil indefinitely, so I don't want salt to build up.

I don't see any amber trichomes yet, but they are almost all white.

I don't know how much more time she needs but she is 9 weeks and 4 days old today.

I figure if she ends up needing more than a couple of weeks to finish, I can give her a light dose of nutes.

PCBuds

She is really sticky with resin. My loupe kept touching the trichs and got resin stuck to the lens.

I noticed a lot of cat hair on the plant as well. It's stuck pretty good to the flowers.

I'm going to try again to wash my plant after harvest.

I think I might use my bathtub this time to have more room to work with my huge branches. The 5 gallon pail wasn't deep enough last time.

PCBuds

I dont think you can quite yet. I opened it and went to settings and chose to close the chat head or whatever but it stayed. I think that will be one of the issues they will address. I agree completely it gets in the way.

I managed to get rid of the chat head.
I closed it and it's gone now.

Edit:
The chat head keeps turning itself back on.

I had to turn it off again.

Edit:
I have to shut it off every time I come to the forum.
I stay logged in but I still have to turn it off every time.

PCBuds

My tray is looking kinda green, so I put about a teaspoon of anaerobic bacteria in to see if I can clear it up a bit.
(It's starting to look like Lake Erie. Lol)

I guess that this is salt buildup??

I figure that RO water should dissolve it once it comes time to flush the planter.

Those salts were dissolved in the nute solution originally, so they should dissolve again.

I suppose that those are specific salts that might not be balanced nutriition when I dissolve them.
Probably very little of the easily dissolved and absorbed nutes, but I don't think it's anything to overthink.

PCBuds

I found a dead bug on my plant...

I think it's a fungus gnat?

I think it's an adult female that just laid 1000 eggs then died.

I'm not going to worry about it.
My planter has hungry soil mites. Lol

indagroove

Veteran
Looks like algae in the res because it's exposed to light. Might want to find some way to mask it off from the light. The cheap and easy way would be an aluminum foil shield, or panda film if you still have any laying around.

PCBuds

Nah, I don't want to bother...
I don't want to seal it right off and go anaerobic.

I wanna see the roots...

20210308-001532.jpg
wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

If the roots turn brown again, I'll do something about it...

PCBuds

I'm going to go all symbiotic and get a goldfish.. 🐠

They are from the carp family and can suck air from the surface when oxygen levels are low..