What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

FRIENDinDEED's: SUPERSILVER HAZE/ NYCD REDUX!!!

FRIENDinDEED

A FRIEND WITH WEED IS A . . .
Veteran
hey all, just figured this would be as good a time as any to start this diary of my second round of SUPERSILVER HAZE and NYCD (bagseed). The SSH seeds came from my last grow, and no need to tell where the NYCD beans came from.

There are pics of my new babies, the new flower cab im building, the veg cab and some other things. Since this one caught me about to go to my “soul’s home” I will be taking some pics of the scenery and views. STT is a true hot spot and so is STJ. I plan to do some drinkin and a whole lotta smokin’!! my couz should hold me down in that area

Well ill let the pics speak for them selves and give the usual captions along the way , so lets go!!

What I did here was, as I was putting the frame together for the floor and ceiling, I used construction adhesive to get a better bond goin. And that frame is pretty sturdy to hold my ass up I was actually shocked that it did!

so here are the babies as i started off, i put the beans to soak each in individual jars so that i could monitor who was ready to do what. teh actual theme of this grow is to mark everything and i mean EVERYTHING down. this is also a look at the top of my refurb veg cab

heres the bottom of the veg cab, where i plan to keep the moms once they show

FRIENDinDEED

Veteran
well ill start this off with some egg on my face, i decided to start and herb garden as well. well not that is NOT an herb garden but other herbs.. OH HELL YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN DAMNIT!!! LOL

here are the contestants of FRIENDinDEED's: NEXT TOP MOM!!! they are mostly SH of course and a few i confirmed are females. i saw the lil pods with my naked eye as i am near sighted and went and got the microscope. looking at them , its only a matter of time b4 those pistils show

and

here is that PIFF suspect i have made referanc eto in some other posts under my work sig (FRANKENBLUNT420)

and teh only NYCD tha tpopped out of teh 15 beans i put in. once i see whats what with these, then ill pop more, i meani should but i wanna get these SSh underway!!

my soil that i will be reusing, teh new res i have so i dont have to constantly be making 5gl buckets of solution al teh damn time. i keep that res bubbling all the time!!!

so heres my OOPSY!:
see that plant AAAAAAAAAALLLL the way ovet to the right , al by its lonesome?

well i decided it was time to replant it by knocking it onto the ground, its my new form of sado masochistic gardening!! :headbange

so i replant it and all is right with teh world now. i saw that it had a really nice root formation though, not root bound, but i guesss it could use a bigger cup at this point

more pics more news more crap to come soon, and i cant wait until i can make some oil!!!! whoooooowheeeeee!!!!!

Last edited:

FRIENDinDEED

Veteran
and heres the finished product as far as the flower cab im workin on. gotta get he doors up though, other than that, the components are pretty much ready to go into it aswell. 4x4x7 of space. it gives me about 5-1/2 " of grow space. more than enough to give those sativas all the height they are gonna need. the reason i toot this cab so much and it took me a while to make was because i wanted to make something that i could take down and put up as i needed to, so needless to say the cab can come with me wherever i go!!
just a couple of bolts to loosen or tighten and its up and down in about a 1hr

fan/carbon scrubber is ready to go,

only thing i do have to finish up is the cool tube. i bought a hurricane style vase from MICHAELS and it was a bitch to cut it with the dremel. i tried cutting it witha glass cutter but that was like given a whale a tic-tac.

i found some places on line that said the best way to cut/crack a glass tube like the one i have evenly is to use a heated wire along the scored line. so i have more techniques to look into to get the job done right.

the 65 watter for teh mom chamber, which i am proud to say i will be using some time soon!!

some extra lumber i plan to make a hydro table out of. the hydro table i want to be able to set up a couple buckets with sprayers as i sawo n OG so many years ago. i remember the root growth was explosive because teh roots got massive amouts of air.

Last edited:

FRIENDinDEED

Veteran
chubbynugs- thanks for stopping by once again, it is good to see familiar faces at my diary checkin up on thangs

moneymike
- yessir, it did take me a minute to figure things out. i already knew what to do as far as the cab itsself, but to make it "break down/put up friendly" was the tricky part, had to do it just right.

art- you already know whats good man!! lol and that thing will be finished soon enough, i just gotta give some more thougth to the door itself, cause it too has to break down and be put up. got an idea but gotta put it in the ol' think tank

i visited a friends grow this mornin and he has had some really nasty trouble, nah better yet an infestation of fungus gnats. he got some wierd asss soils from home depot and some shit i never even heard of from the hydro shop in queens. i really think that stuff came from hHD though, but damn hes got it BAD!! jsut standing there helping him identify his preflowers was bitch! i think i feel one of them bastards zippin through my ear now!! lol

so we chat about what he can do about clones cause hes got some pressure on him to deliver a viable product (not "beef" pressure, but "salesman" pressure). ofcourse the SSH beans i gave him are grwoing like wild fire, but he didnt make his light so that it could be raised/lowered so they stretched the fuck out!!!

hes doin organic soil for the moms but eventually when it comes to flower, hes more knowledgeable in the hydro area.

i told him at this point alll they may be good for is cloning, but we'll see what transpires. i did leave with some of his dried up fan leaves cause hes giving them way too little water and it showed, he was kinda shocked when i asked him the question of if hes giving them enough water. our lil metting rectified alot so he should be good. i gave him teh latest issue of SKUNK i had. it hadsome realy good stuff about organic cloning. my boy swears by rockwool but ofcoure everytime i leave a mag with him, he eventually changeshis mind about things!!! lmao

so i get home and and on my way sto p at the store to pick up some butane so i could give a quick wash to the leaves he gave me.

FRIEND: let me get this and a can of teh bensons
STORE: butane? small or large?
FRIEND:yeah, the big one
STORE: its 2.99 plus tax
FRIEND: thats cool oh yeah and the arizona . .. . how much?
STORE: 4.20
FRIEND: (chuckles) how much again?
STORE: $4.20
FRIEND: thats cool. . 420 huh?
STORE: yeah
FRIEND: alright see ya lattah
STORE: alright

damn good beginnig to a truly good sunny day!

Last edited:

FRIENDinDEED

Veteran
sorry for th e hiatus, my kids are in town, ive only got one cr between me and my wife, and my mian floro for the moms just blew out. those lights of america bulbs are really bright, but they arent strong for shit.

tryin to find a descently priced MH that wont break teh pockets maybe a 100 or 150 watt

FRIENDinDEED

Veteran
well right now im royally fucked.

ive got pics on this digi camera and no friggin USB cord for the friggin camera. have no clue as to where the fuck it is either. i really hate wehn i lose shit that i really need and cant remember what the hell i did with it.

well as far as the minutes for the updates here goes:

- i had to replace the 65 watt floro since it shorted out on me. when i opened it, its actually controlled by a circuit board. i put the damned thing in its own circuit box and i guess no part of it was to touch metal since teh original casing was plastic to begin with.

-i have since then taken a 4' reflector i had for the 4' T8 fixture i bought (which couldnt fit in the closet) and wired 5 regular sized mogul bases to it. went to home depot and used my gift card and was able to only come away with two of the direct current 100 watt bulbs. so now i have 2x 70HPS and 2x 100floro's. theres still alot of orange light which is a good thing but i stil need a third floro for the middle spot so i should still be able to minimize the stretching they will do a bit

-they seem to be many females out of the ones i am veging and ofcourse thats a good thing. i think ive got 8 in all that i have transplanted so far to teh mom section of the cab in 1gl grow bags. im still waiting on some others that are still in 16oz cups. its also time to move over some of my wifes herb plants aswell. im just kinda worrried about the fact that im gonna be gone for a while and have no one to take care of them for me, but i am sure they will be ok, i have a watering system i am gonna try out.

-the cars back up to speed so i will be able to travel again like i would want to, and hopefully i can make some trips here and there. its soo good to e mobile, this 2000 neon is a tough lil sucker ive gotta give it that. no no, no rims, flashy body kit, trickedout paint job and allat shit for me, as long as it runs then im good. never have been a car person more like a growing person.

-well i havent metioned it here yet but i will anyway. i finally met up with artofmakingfire and it was a good thing. we walked around, shot the shit and blazed the streets of manhattan up like two growers should. the joint was being a little difficult, but it worked out all right. iam gonna be puttin my FUCKEM insignia up soon , but right now , i gotta, and i mean GOTTA find that damned cord for this friggin camera.

***just my fuckin luck to just join a crew and cant even put up pics of my own shit :spank: go figure

till lattah
:rasta:

FRIENDinDEED

Veteran
ST. THOMAS CARNIVAL '08

ST. THOMAS CARNIVAL '08

just figured i'd post some pics of why i wa sso busy these past couple days. the carnival was cool. other than not gettin my hands on any herb it was a damned good time!!! check these out. . .

just arriving is always cool. . .

the festivities begin!!

i couldnt resist, had to take multiple pics ofcourse wifey gave me the stink eye!! lmao

LOVE STEEL PAN MUSIC!!!

MOMS TOLD ME THIS GUY IS A REGULAR

nice costumes this year though.. .

FRIENDinDEED

Veteran
as promised. . .

as promised. . .

i had a minor discussion with amember about the use of floros in teh veg chamber and since i needed to put up some picsof whats going on with my own cab, ill be hittin many bases at once so first lets start with the overall wiring

i uses a 12 gauge extension cord to wire some outlets i figured two on top and one on the bottom should do, but ill need to add another outlet to the bottom since i do have to add a vent fan down there. got really tired of having to fight with 6 strips and it really does come out cheaper in the long run anyway, so as you look at the pics youll notice th yellow cord running along the back corner of the cab.

well lets start with the seedling/clone part. as i explaine dto "whomever" lol, that i salvage everything i can when i can. since were going through what the wife and i have termed a " long term flip", it gives me alog of material and thigns to strip and use as i go along, so the more work and room conversions i do aroudn here, teh more crap i have to use for my grow!!!

these pics show the bathroom fixture i pretty much stripped and used, i honeslty could use maybe one or two more bulbs in there but since teh worst of teh grow is over so i wont really need to, that light is mre than enough to veg teh clones that i am gonna be putting up there and the plants speak for themselves on that issue!! theres a 6" fan up there blwoign air around like theres not tomorrow and these plants love it! no probs with that i have come up upon and its mid summer, you know the dog days, and that cab is in a garage, non insulated. thats gonna be my next hoem improvement project. dont know the temps as of yet but lets just say satan would be damned comfortable in there

now to the bottom part, my crowning achievement for the love of the moms!!! once again salvaging came to teh rescue of my grow and my pockets!

now above i have 3 x 100 floros and 2 x 70hps lights. so its {floro-hps-floro-hps-floro} and you can see how bright it is in ther as it is!! as ARTOFMAKINGFIRE and i discussed there are some pretty impressive grows that can be done with floros alone especially when your pockets are tight and you cant quite make it to teh cost of a 400HID or better

as long as you don things properly and keep it safe then you and have succesful growas you an see al wores are taped AND capped!! (tell you the truth i got zapped a couple times puttin that damend thing together, i was in a ruxh so i suffered for it. but shes safe as anything, no fires fo rme buddy!!!)

the plants themselves are doing better than expected as you can see in these pics

i honeslty was terrified of what i was gonna find once i cam eback from vacation. i learned alot form the last tiem i had to do this shit, and it really was better the second time around!!! :badday: well all accept for the ones inf the back you see here in these pics

i dont feel too bad about them because they werent really showing me anythign by way of sex so , i was cool with letting them go. i left al teh plants in a tray with nuted water and teh SSH/NYCD and "?" i had pretty much withered. at first i wanted to see if it was the famed PIFF that the uptowners have been raving about, but alass to no availe

but ill tell you what though, that damned ORANGE BUD clone i was gifted is a fucking champ!!!! that bitch is the real deal!! teh waited for daddy to get home and once she got alil water, i swear, there was new stretching/growth by the next morning!!!

god i love this lil hoe (once again, good lookin out AOMF)!! :rasta:

well i do aplogize for my short absence but hey i hope you guys enjoy the pics, adn ill be finishign up my flwoer cab soon enough!! just gotta cut a hole for the door and i wanted to get some sturdy weather stripping to put along teh sides of teh screw holes. thats so when i put it together, theres a tight seal and i wont have to use adhesive to fill in any cracks or leaks, and besides i dont wanna start planening anything since i have a fear tha tthigns will start to get uneven. the sturdy rubber weather stripping should make things light and air tight in one shot.

well till lattah on, smoke one for me, im gonna go hit up the wedd recession thread and bitch and moan a lil about not having any weed right now!!!! :violin:

:rasta:

FRIENDinDEED

Veteran
Germanator ,Bigtimer7 - thanks for stoppin by yall!!, i alwasy wanted to make the diary a lil more about jsut the grow, i was gonna seriously take som epics of me and my couz blazin but he flaked on me with the weed man!! i could have seen some dudes in town but i didnt want to do that ya know, cause he bragged about the "elite" strains he had access too, but it was fizzle and pop. and by the tiem i wanted to go get something it was time to get teh kids packed and getready for the flight the next day so, oh well,

i have learned my lesson though and by the time i go out there again my grow shoudl be completed and ill send a couple onions ahead of me, along with some smokin accoutraments!! teh bible doesnt exactley say it like this but its somehting like " fuck me over once then your the fool, fuck me over again then im the fool" adn i aint gettin fucked again!!!!

peace and blessin's

FRIENDinDEED

Veteran
GOT TO CUTTIN AT LAST!!!

GOT TO CUTTIN AT LAST!!!

well with the kiddies goen and the wife and i spending some Q time together, the time is rigtht to get back to WORK WORK WORK

the doors finally cut. all i did was measure out teh center peice and cut it out, went to HD and got some 2x3's to make the door jam. just gotta measure an dcut!!. heats been fuggin inbearable in the east so, i have been takin it easy waitin for the sun to go down.

FRIENDinDEED

Veteran
the plants themselves are doing as good as can be considerin the fuckin heat!!! this shit is a real bitch!!! i almost lost my faith in rapidrooters but i cant help but think that any damned thing would lose its moisture in this shit honestly. used to have to water every 3 days, now im watering damn near every day!!

i had to bend a couple of them since they were reachign to the light already, it is a sativa so my thinking that i was gonna be safe with 1gl grow bags was not happening. its cool though, i think i am starting to see how the whoel scrog/sog thing works. i may just do it when i flower teh clones out. let them get really big and then bend and twist the shit outta them, it really makes those side branches work!!! so know im thinking besides the hydro table i gotta build a scrog screen for in the closet as well!! yeah :rasta:

the clones i took are doing good aswell, still no sign of rooting though, but they are keepin green

Last edited:

FRIENDinDEED

Veteran
wellive got my door complete and i think it should do the job once i get eh hinges put on. this is what it looks like together or rather what it would look like once its closed

and here she is with the door off

once i measuerd i got pisssed since i thought i would need two more lengths of 2x3, but i decided to cut the pieces that i had, straight down the middle!!! worked like a fuckin charm, i mean its a door jam, how thick does it have to really be ya know?

this is how it looked b4 i cut it

i plan to put some washers under teh higes to raise them away from the front panel a lil so that when i add the weather striping , the door will be a lil more flush and not close on that angle that it tends to do near the hinged side.

FRIENDinDEED

Veteran
i decided to start those NYSD seeds again, i met teh guy i used to regularly get that weed from and he said that it was NYSD but at the time he sold it, it was kinda gettin old. i do remember buying it kinda cheap and it looked/ tasted more liek really good ARIZONA, lmao

all of those sticks represent seeds that have been planted and those two are the only ones that decided to show for the party. and teh smaller one (thats if you can even see it) is not gonna make it. i may just have to get a clone or viable seed from somwhere. i really like that strain among others so im thinking once i get this bigger flower chamber up and running, those may be among my first seed order

well the next order of business is going to be the hydro table that i am gonna build specifically for that closet. im still trying to figure out where im gonna place the outlets for power so that i can cram everythign in there!!

Last edited:

chubbynugs

Registered Pothead
Veteran
Yo FiD! Glad to see that you are doing the damn thing again. We have had some bad heat issues out here in the west as well this year. Hit more heat records this year then any other year so far in cali.

Latest posts

Latest posts