What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ReikoX's Workshop 2021

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Gave them a neem foliar spray right before lights out
PicsArt_03-15-01.52.10.jpg

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Ghost Rose x Cookie Devil at 8.5 weeks bringing out the fall colors. These plants are 8.5 weeks from germination. I would guess they have another week at least. They have been given basically water only in a Coot's mix.
PicsArt_03-17-01.03.39.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	PicsArt_03-17-01.03.39.jpg Views:	0 Size:	118.8 KB ID:	17805870
image_2029324.jpg
image_2029325.jpg

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Popping some JLO #3 and #5 looking to move these to full auto while keeping the CBD content.
PicsArt_03-19-04.41.19.jpg

Cleaned up the QT tent to sprout the seeds and segregate the males.
PicsArt_03-19-04.40.55.jpg

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Day 5F for the beds. They look to be bushing out quite nicely. Not sure I will get the stretch I'm looking for though. I'm hoping to pull 2 lbs off this grow. Probably a bit optimistic.. I was close with the seeded bud last round.
PicsArt_03-22-10.01.56.jpg

And the Ghost Rose x Cookie Devil are still alive, starting to foxtail a bit, so I dimmed the lights to about 50%. These will likely be chopped this weekend.
PicsArt_03-22-10.02.46.jpg

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Spent a little bit of time in the garden yesterday. I started off by planting the JLO seeds that have been soaking for several days. These actually got a lot longer tails than had wanted, so I had to rip the rooter in half and gently place the shoot inside it. Hope I didn't hurt too many, I was trying to be gentle. I put them in the QT tent for the time being.
PicsArt_03-24-09.39.59.jpg

I finally got around to sticking some Skywalker Kush clones in rooters. Last two rounds of her didn't want to root. She's always been a bit stubborn in the rooting department. I also took some Green Crack cuttings and more Cherry Tart cuttings.
PicsArt_03-24-11.17.54.jpg

I went to my brother's to drop off some clones. He asked me for some of my rosin, so I gave some of this Ghost Rose a squish.
PicsArt_03-24-09.40.37.jpg

I also dropped off some clones for my father. After getting rid of all those rooted clones, I have an empty shelf in veg for the time being. The Ghost Rose x Cookie Devil at the top are about done. They will likely be done by this weekend, and will quickly be replaced with the JLO seedlings I just popped.
PicsArt_03-23-08.30.55.jpg

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Finally chopped down the Ghost Rose x Poison Devil at just over 10 weeks. They smell fantastic and sure had a pretty fade. I put them in the drying tent. I'm expecting a couple of ounces.
PicsArt_03-28-02.33.36.jpg

With the GRxCD harvested, I needed to get the JLO F2 seedlings out of the drying tent. I mixed up some Jack's 321 and transplanted them into their treepots. One didn't come up, when I searched for the seed, nothing was found. I replaced it.
PicsArt_03-28-02.36.00.jpg

Now on to the cannabonsai project. After soaking for about 24 hours I planted the seedling into a shallow sour cream container and put it under the clone dome.
PicsArt_03-28-04.08.40.jpg

I took my pot and filled about 1/3 of it with lava rock and pumice. This is to help prevent root rot.
PicsArt_03-28-04.09.22.jpg

I filled the remainder of the pot with a mix of coco and perlite. I sprayed the soil lightly with some Jack's 321 and placed my rock in the middle.
PicsArt_03-28-04.10.58.jpg

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
That Ghost Rose x Poison Devil looks amazing.

Re the bonsai . . . do you expect the plant to grow around the rock?

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Yes, I'm going to try and get the roots to grow over the rock. It's an auto that I am growing purely for art.

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
Well, that should be interesting to watch.

On my 2nd grow - in a pure hydro UDWC - I had an interesting root experience. I was away in Vegas on business for a week & about 2 days in, my wife phoned me in a panic that my tent was filled with water. I had a 3 bin system (a rez & a plant in each bin) with about 90 litres moving around so a leak was serious. The tent had filled up almost to the top of the inner floor liner. She shut the system down & bailed the water until it was mostly gone & shut the tent door. I returned 5 days later expecting dead plants. But they weren’t. The first 12” of the roots were stiff as a board . . . but the last 4” still lay in the stagnant water in the bottom of the bins. So I hit a hydro store & switched to coco. I even just put the cloth pots in the bins rather that dismantle the whole tent. The damn plants didn’t miss a beat & they finished very well. Here is a pic as I lifted one out. I had to buy huge 15 gallon pots to fit the roots in because they wouldn't bend at all.

Attachments

• photo2033261.jpg
    photo2033261.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 27

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
And btw . . . the ReikoX SBR X is growing nicely & still outgrowing its tentmates.

Attachments

• photo2033265.jpg
    photo2033265.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 28

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Got a few clones that are rooting. One Green Crack and one Cherry Tart are definitely ready to be transplanted. And two Skywalker Kush have the start of roots.
PicsArt_04-02-12.00.15.jpg

And the cannabonsai project is moving forward. I hadn't seen any activity from the plant, so I went digging and gently helped the shell of it's head. The cotyledon are green and pointing upward a day later.
PicsArt_04-01-06.01.13.jpg

So I've been thinking about adding CO2 to my grow after looking at this chart. Anyone running CO2 want to share their setup with me?
20210331_123248.jpg

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
I have so many seeds leftover from that last run, I decided to feed my plants a cannabis seed sprout tea. I put two tablespoons of seeds in a seed sprouting jar to soak overnight. The next day, I emptied the water and turned the jar (with a screen mesh lid) on its side.
PicsArt_04-04-09.05.37.jpg

A day or two later, I ground the sprouts up with some water in an immersion blender, then filtered the little bits out with a strainer and added it to 3 gallons of water along with some reetha, fulvic, and silica.

The JLO plants are doing well. So far I am liking the Jack's 321. It is pretty stable in the pH department. If you wonder how I'm watering these, I put them in a tub for 15 minutes a day as a manual flood and drain. I then return the nutrients back to a bucket with a lid I use as a resivoir. I can fit 1/2 of them at a time, so it takes a little over 1/2 hour per day to feed these.
PicsArt_04-04-09.06.12.jpg

q3corn

Looking pretty full in the no-till! Are they light in color due to lighting, or is there something else going on?