Greenbeans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greenbeans

I still need to build the bloom box and a plethora of other things. The beans are a home brew.

I crossed this one

With a male white widow. Then I selected a male from those and crossed it to a DJS BB clone I had in my stable. As you might expect there is a large variety of pheno's showing themselves in the beans.

That was where I left off when I took down the grow years back. Locking in the genetics with f2's is no longer possible. I do believe there will be some amazing plants showing themselves soon.

Cheers to 2021 and all the recreational fun!
    You are only as free as you live.
    sigpic:peek:

Day 5
    Seems the ol' beans still have some life left in them.

Now let's see how lucky I get.

Comment

good luck

MY DIARY
      https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=378031

Comment

Thanks Gizmo

Up to 70% germination day 7. The first one to pop had 3 cotyledons. I might have another trifoliate on my hands.

Far left middle row is a helmet head popping up. I split the husk away a bit more and gave it a drop of water to help it shed
        the inner skin from the cotyledons. It seems to be doing better now.

Lets hope my mix isn't too warm. I'm a bit concerned with the coloring and curling.

Comment

Welcome to ghetto growing 101 lol

Timers and lights as bad as it may look we gots the grow on now bitches!!!

The cheap $20 ufo said not to run more than 16 hours. I've decided to put them on a bloom cycle already even though they don't know it yet. The ghetto bulbs on both sides of the ufo will be used to extend the main lighting's 12/12 hours to 19 total light hours while I get the rooms setup. They will come on an hour before the main bulb and shut off 30 minutes after it strikes. Then it will pop on an hour before the main lamp goes dark and continue on for an additional 6 hours.

I went over my design with a pencil and paper this weekend and came up with a parts list. Should be about $150 total for the bloom box. Already have the reflectix and the closet was already set up as a veg area. So all I really need it to relocate fixture sites, build the bloom area, and pull out the old equipment. I bought some "new" cdm's. We shall see if they survive ebay shipping. I've both a 330 and an 860 on the way.

We have 90% germination at this point. The helmethead is looking good. The trifoliate is spreading it's wings. I'll probably move it to the center of the tray so it spreads evenly.

Edit 1/7 I am going to leave it here for a little bit. I will update more once I get the bloom box built. Adding a final pic of the three I suspect to have stronger blueberry phenotypes.

Last edited by Greenheart; 01-07-2021, 10:39 PM. Reason: update.

Comment

Frosty
            Good luck greenheart subbed

Comment

UPDATE TIME!!!

They are looking better. The tray is drying out and roots are coming thru the starter cups. I will be moving them to 1 gallon fiber pots as soon as I can make time. I don't have too many excuses since I broke down and bought some premix Roots Organic microgreens. Don't have much choice really. I got them started with some coir, castings, and light amendments. There really isn't any life in that soil yet. A microshot of Blackstrap Molasses with an eyedropper helped get them on the right side of looking good. That and letting the medium dry out. It was saturated when I sowed them in the coir.

The only real watering they have had was when I pulled the 1 that wasn't there. I repacked with moir core and top dressed the rest so most of the starter pots were fully buried. I then misted with a spray bottle and went a little heavy on the area I packed with fresh coir so that it would help moisten the cardboard cups next to it.

Then I got busy and drove my rustbucket to town. All total we purchased

Board Lumber

(7) 2"x4"x8'
              (9) 2"x2"x8'
              (4) 1"x12"x4'

1 roll 4'x25' reflectix
              some reflectix aluminum tape

I had some reflectix on hand and the existing closet was already lined from my previous adventure. I haven't used the stuff I had laying around yet. I think the 1 roll will cover it. I've not made the entryway yet.

The pond liner I will be using was $19 from amazon.

Oh and because of the cool ass microgrow sil thread sampas hooked me on I bought one of these:

It was $25. Not quite the thrifty one but I did it for you bud. Okkkk well me and the ladies too. Can you blame me. This was perfect for the clone and seedling stage. I can max out the lux from 5" away on the phone app. That's the only tool I have to measure so bear with me on that. I needed to replace that $20 led fixture I bought online. I saw rice husks getting into the vent ports. Not sure how from 15" away but they did.

AND NOW WE HAVE THIS!!!! (drumroll and choir of angels singing)

Inside will measure 2.5'Wx 4'Lx64"H with 12" of that height being soil bed. I'll likely use some of that headspace for exhaust ducting, cables, and pulleys. I plan on building a droppable ceiling. Hopefully we shall see. So far the build is about $200. I could have bought a tent for that much but then I wouldn't have a bed of worms to play with or all the fun of building it. Besides they all opened on the wrong side and had lousy reviews. Ok well some got good ratings but I didn't want to deal with pinholes, zippers, and windsock adjustments. Each to their own. Just keep it growing however you can!

I should have room for 6 ladies comfortably at 12 inch diameter. I could probably pack the other two I'm allowed in there but I need a mum and a next in line. Hopefully if I get it dialed in and good pheno's I'll be able to put one in every 2 weeks and take 2 ounces dried or more out. That's going to be my goal.

bye for now

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheart View Post
                UPDATE TIME!!!

View Image

They are looking better. The tray is drying out and roots are coming thru the starter cups. I will be moving them to 1 gallon fiber pots as soon as I can make time. I don't have too many excuses since I broke down and bought some premix Roots Organic microgreens. Don't have much choice really. I got them started with some coir, castings, and light amendments. There really isn't any life in that soil yet. A microshot of Blackstrap Molasses with an eyedropper helped get them on the right side of looking good. That and letting the medium dry out. It was saturated when I sowed them in the coir.

The only real watering they have had was when I pulled the 1 that wasn't there. I repacked with moir core and top dressed the rest so most of the starter pots were fully buried. I then misted with a spray bottle and went a little heavy on the area I packed with fresh coir so that it would help moisten the cardboard cups next to it.

Then I got busy and drove my rustbucket to town. All total we purchased

Board Lumber

(7) 2"x4"x8'
                (9) 2"x2"x8'
                (4) 1"x12"x4'

1 roll 4'x25' reflectix
                some reflectix aluminum tape

I had some reflectix on hand and the existing closet was already lined from my previous adventure. I haven't used the stuff I had laying around yet. I think the 1 roll will cover it. I've not made the entryway yet.

The pond liner I will be using was $19 from amazon.

Oh and because of the cool ass microgrow sil thread sampas hooked me on I bought one of these:

View Image

It was $25. Not quite the thrifty one but I did it for you bud. Okkkk well me and the ladies too. Can you blame me. This was perfect for the clone and seedling stage. I can max out the lux from 5" away on the phone app. That's the only tool I have to measure so bear with me on that. I needed to replace that $20 led fixture I bought online. I saw rice husks getting into the vent ports. Not sure how from 15" away but they did.

AND NOW WE HAVE THIS!!!! (drumroll and choir of angels singing)

View Image

Inside will measure 2.5'Wx 4'Lx64"H with 12" of that height being soil bed. I'll likely use some of that headspace for exhaust ducting, cables, and pulleys. I plan on building a droppable ceiling. Hopefully we shall see. So far the build is about $200. I could have bought a tent for that much but then I wouldn't have a bed of worms to play with or all the fun of building it. Besides they all opened on the wrong side and had lousy reviews. Ok well some got good ratings but I didn't want to deal with pinholes, zippers, and windsock adjustments. Each to their own. Just keep it growing however you can!

I should have room for 6 ladies comfortably at 12 inch diameter. I could probably pack the other two I'm allowed in there but I need a mum and a next in line. Hopefully if I get it dialed in and good pheno's I'll be able to put one in every 2 weeks and take 2 ounces dried or more out. That's going to be my goal.

bye for now
                Oh boy kkkkk
                Hi greenheart thanks bud but my thread isnt nothing special
                Keep in mind that when you remove the plastic cap that covers the led diodes, the lumen output and intensity will be higher, by a good bit, keep that in mind while distancing it from the girls, they have great penetration, even one single sil.
                Also keep in mind that my phone is a samsung s10 and older or newer camera sensors may give different readings..
                Great build green.
                I hope everything goes good for you in this grow.

Comment

Thanks Sampas. I took the caps off the other sils I had laying around (9w). I think the diffuser will be a good thing for what I want to do. Without it the beams are pretty narrow coverage but more intense.

Your thread it great! Good info on sils and light distances. You are also documenting things really well! Some good discussion and shared info in there. I'm sure a number of people will be looking at it as time goes on.

I am considering putting 6 daylight sils into the room at I higher distance. 1 for each plant. Then putting the CMD in the middle like I did for verts. The 860 is a vertical style bulb so I don't have much choice in how I position it. The 330 is Universal. I might be able to go with it if I'm running sils as well. That will be a future plan however. For startup I will try building an adjustable ceiling and using my old mag ballast. Later I can mount some sockets into the ceiling panel and be good to go.

That will be helpful during power loss as well. I have an UPS system handy that I can run the SILS. In the event of a short term power loss some light will still be getting to them.

Comment

That is a nice kit for safe grow. Good luck.
                    Latest Design LED
                    Coupon Code"ICMAG"

Grow Diaries:
                    SP 3000 test/grow
                    Unclefishstick's Diary!
                    GMT tested TSL2000
                    SP150 grow from Paddi
                    2xSP3000 Comparison grow
                    2xSP150 Comparison grow

Comment

Thanks Sampas. I took the caps off the other sils I had laying around (9w). I think the diffuser will be a good thing for what I want to do. Without it the beams are pretty narrow coverage but more intense.

Your thread it great! Good info on sils and light distances. You are also documenting things really well! Some good discussion and shared info in there. I'm sure a number of people will be looking at it as time goes on.

I am considering putting 6 daylight sils into the room at I higher distance. 1 for each plant. Then putting the CMD in the middle like I did for verts. The 860 is a vertical style bulb so I don't have much choice in how I position it. The 330 is Universal. I might be able to go with it if I'm running sils as well. That will be a future plan however. For startup I will try building an adjustable ceiling and using my old mag ballast. Later I can mount some sockets into the ceiling panel and be good to go.

That will be helpful during power loss as well. I have an UPS system handy that I can run the SILS. In the event of a short term power loss some light will still be getting to them.
                      From what ive seen other growers do with sils, i think you will find you dont need anything else besides them.
                      for the compliments

Comment

Originally posted by Sampas92 View Post
                        From what ive seen other growers do with sils, i think you will find you dont need anything else besides them.
                        for the compliments
                        Blynx showed beyond doubt how well they work. The other thread where some of them are pushing close to 1kw in sils is pretty convincing too.

I like the strip lights PCbuds is using. Those might be ideal for mounting to a drop panel. One issue I might run into with a perpetual setup is light distances from the plants. By the end of bloom I noticed most sils are right up on top of the plants. It may be that I have to drop the octopus cords down on tops and then have some strips up high for the spread coverage.

It will also be an easier investment over time than trying to save up $500 to $1000 all at once for a commercial quality led fixture. It will be awhile before I'm ready for that jump. I've some reading and calculating to figure before I get there.

For now the next goal is getting the soil box built into the bloom room. I have 500 red wigglers arriving today and so far only a 20 gallon trash can for a worm bin. I ran into an issue with Gnats 6 years ago and I don't want to repeat that mistake.

My plan this round is to bury a tub in the center of the room. I will put amendments and vegetable/fruit scraps in there. It will serve as my watering hole as well. The water should wick out and spread along the bottom. The worms will crawl in and out processing and spreading the compost. If I keep a lid on it Gnats should will not be able to get into it and my top layer of soil will be too dry for them to have a party in. At least that is the hope.

Do you all think I should run some perforated pipe along the bottom to help with water movement along the bottom of the bed?

Comment

I like the strip lights PCbuds is using. Those might be ideal for mounting to a drop panel.
                          There is also quantum boards available.
                          The come complete with built-in driver and rope and pullies.

I don't think that they are too thick, and may give you more clearance than bulbs.

You may be able to get it closer to the plants as well, because the light is more spread out.

I don't know how much clearance they need above the board.
                          The driver and LEDs may need to breathe and keep cool.

They start at around $100 and go up from there.

Check out the specs and numbers carefully.

It might say 1000 Watts, but be 1000 Watt equivalent.

Try to find the total lumen output.
                          If they don't list it, they might be fudging their numbers.
                          My Mini-Grow

Comment

The globes absorb about 30% of the light.
                            With them removed, the light is a lot more direct and a lot more intense.
                            My Mini-Grow

Comment

There is also these available.
                              They can be surface mounted.
                              I don't know how they compare as far as lumens per $ though.

My Mini-Grow

Comment

Working...
                              X