URSA Optilux/SS315/KISS/coco/veg+bloom/4x4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

URSA Optilux/SS315/KISS/coco/veg+bloom/4x4

Figured I would start my own grow diary as I have finally mustered enough courage to and it will probably be good for me to document and get input from other people on my own thread, rather than hijacking others . This is my third grow, last run was decent and I hit >1gpw w/ forum cut cookies on a Sun Systems LEC 315. I had lockout issues and some PM, but I think the end product was great.

This will mostly be pictures until they catch up to where I am currently. I ended up with this setup after reading a bunch of threads like the KISS/V+B thread and "a few things I learned about growing in coco". So much info on this forum and very helpful people but I have mostly just been lurking until recently. I felt it was time to contribute and hopefully gain more knowledge.

Here's the setup:
    White Widow Fem from ILGM
    4x4
    veg under SS LEC 315 (3100K) I will be switching to the 4200K and getting another tent for a perpetual grow eventually
    flower under URSA Optilux 16
    2 gal pots fed 6x a day in flower
    50/50 coco/perlite Cloud Coir
    black hole drippers
    20gal rubbermaid tote
    1000gph mag drive pump
    Cutting edge 3 part (used this until I received my V+B)
    Hydroponic Research Veg+bloom RO/Soft
    +Life every now and then
    +Shine @ week 3 flower with shine finish

A few pics from last run:

Last edited by saitama; 04-11-2017, 08:13.
    Current - Quantum Boards, Blumats and Home Assistant Automation
    Previous

On with the show:

Seeds popped

After a little veg

Up potted

loving the V+B

played with LST a little
    Previous

Comment

up potted to 2gal:

trimmed and set up dripper v1

threw on the net:

upskirt shot

growing into the net:
      Previous

Comment

12/12 day 1 (2/25)

3/1 switched to URSA Optilux (pic from 3/3)

3/9 - light stress

Previous

Comment

Plants are yellowing from light stress and possible manganese def. I have flushed well, but they seem to be happy otherwise. Hope they bounce back.

These pics are from last night and the last few days (3/20). Mid week 3 of flower and mid week 4 since 12/12

def here:

Previous

Comment

Any input and feedback is appreciated! Hopefully things start to look up. FWIW the lower growth on the yellowing plants is still dark green, so this is why I think it's light stress.
            Previous

Comment

3/21
              Attached Files
              Previous

Comment

Looks good so far, props

I like growing canopies that are less dense, the air exchange pay off in (fewer) bigger buds.
                My Yekke Seeds grows thread
                Yekke Seeds for 2017
                Hebrew grow thread ?????? ?? ????? ??????
                Yekke Seeds Golden Diesel Social Group - exclusive pictures and news!

Comment

Looking good. If I can ever get my wiring finished I'm set to start a run in a 5x5 with my new URSA. Good luck.
                  “We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.” ~Robert Wilensky

"Spread the knowledge, be humble if you don't know, be helpful if you do, if you are wrong, admit it quickly and emphatically, and overgrow the world." (SuperWeed 2017)

"Always keep in mind that when the hearse pulls up to pick you up, there is no trunk or luggage rack on that bitch." (Author unknown)

ACTIVE

Outdoor Hydro Herbs and Leafy Greens (Current Grow Begins on Page 5)

Completed

Comment

Originally posted by fonzee View Post
                    Looks good so far, props

I like growing canopies that are less dense, the air exchange pay off in (fewer) bigger buds.
                    Thanks! This is my first scrog so I didn't really know what I was in for. I'm definitely going to go for fewer, bigger buds next round.
                    Previous

Comment

Originally posted by starke View Post
                      Looking good. If I can ever get my wiring finished I'm set to start a run in a 5x5 with my new URSA. Good luck.
                      Can't wait to see how you do with it! Thanks for stopping by.

I was thinking I should maybe trim my canopy (fan leaves) a little, to prevent PM as I have had issues with it in the past. Though, I would have had it already in veg with this many leaves touching, so maybe this strain is more resilient? I was running sealed before and now this room is vented so that could also contribute. I'm just incredibly paranoid about PM.
                      Previous

Comment

From day 19

Last edited by saitama; 03-25-2017, 07:35.
                        Previous

Comment

Day 1 week 4 (day 22)

.3 starting .4EC of shine and .7EC of V+B RO

1.4EC total

Almost like they're two different strains. Not sure what is causing it, but I have contacted ursa.

Previous

Comment

Hey deepfried. If the yellowing/odd growth is more focused in the center while the perimeter plants are doing fine it is definitely light stress. The center is obviously where most of the light is focused. I am very curious to know how high you had your light throughout the grow. I will mirror my light height with yours and keep it a bit higher than you did to test it out. I had the symptoms I mentioned happen with 600w gavitas. It just fried everything in the center. I could never get the height right.

If you can please let us know height of light from canopy throughout grow and when you noticed trouble. Your plants were amazing in veg. I wonder if you lowered it in flowering...

You can also have two issues going on at once like I did with the gavitas...Heat issues definitely contributed to the light stress. Have you been able to keep your temps in the tent under 80?

I am pretty positive by your pics the light is just too low as the it really looks like the perimeter plants look great while the center is being hit hard.
                            Below is a link to all of my grow reviews...there are a bunch so get off the clones, dive in, and find some new genetics to appreciate!

Click here for a link to all of my grows

Comment

Originally posted by 40AmpstoFreedom View Post
                              Hey deepfried. If the yellowing/odd growth is more focused in the center while the perimeter plants are doing fine it is definitely light stress. The center is obviously where most of the light is focused. I am very curious to know how high you had your light throughout the grow. I will mirror my light height with yours and keep it a bit higher than you did to test it out. I had the symptoms I mentioned happen with 600w gavitas. It just fried everything in the center. I could never get the height right.

If you can please let us know height of light from canopy throughout grow and when you noticed trouble. Your plants were amazing in veg. I wonder if you lowered it in flowering...

You can also have two issues going on at once like I did with the gavitas...Heat issues definitely contributed to the light stress. Have you been able to keep your temps in the tent under 80?

I am pretty positive by your pics the light is just too low as the it really looks like the perimeter plants look great while the center is being hit hard.
                              Thanks for the response! I was running a 315 CMH for veg (3100K). I switched over to the ursa around day 6 of 12/12 and ran it at 22" for a few days, thinking the yellowing was fast, new growth. I raised it up bit by bit a few days later to 27" but can't raise it up more. It's definitely light stress as the outsides are much more green and happy.

Heat has never gone above 80F.

I'll see about getting creative to raise the light more. Pretty bummed about this but they still seem to be happy. The plants to the left popped from seed earlier and have a tighter root zone in these 2 gal pots. The plants to the right have almost completely greened up, so I'm wondering if the plants on the left are root bound. Should I try to supplement with nitrogen or will that be like not getting enough sleep and drinking coffee?

Again, thanks for stopping in. The thread hasn't caught much traction. I'm wondering if I should as a mod to move it.

Previous

Comment

Working...
                              X