What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Deep Chunk 2014

HarryNugz

Was going thru the vault and found these tucked away. After seeing this thread, and low germ rates I'll probably toss em. Doesn't seem to be worth the effort!

Attachments

• Deep Chunk.jpg
    Deep Chunk.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 16

EvergreenState

Doesn't take much effort to try to germ them and if you get some to go then you might have something special. Seems a shame to not at least give it a shot.

icon

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Was going thru the vault and found these tucked away. After seeing this thread, and low germ rates I'll probably toss em. Doesn't seem to be worth the effort!

DONT THROW THEM OUT! I say give them a shot maybe you’ll find some really nice phenos. At least give them to someone who would atempt to reproduce them and keep the strain floating around.

Last edited:

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Unique Lady

Unique Lady

Hello all,
I wanted to share a special little lady with you. She isn't full Deep Chunk. This is a Panama D/C from CannaBioGen. When the seed broke soil I could tell right away she was different. When the first leaves and the true leaves appeared, it was together and equally developed. I have been told by other breeders and growers that it will most likely be a runt and low producer. I couldn't care less about the yield. This is a recessive trait that may bring more to the table than any yield could compete with. The Panama side of the family has a higher CBG profile than most strains do. I will cross this plant with a Lebanese male and try to combine for a stronger chemotype.

This plant has a very strong stalk on it for it's size. It's leaves feel slightly thicker than a normal leaf. In the last two days of sunshine she has started a growth spurt. She is sharing a 45 gallon grow bag with a Blueberry from DJ Short. :tiphat: Peace

acespicoli

I would look into treating those seeds and or helping the embryos out of the shells once they crack. Occasionally 20 year old seeds will crack, its worth a try!
From what I have seen those are nice genetics you have HarryNugz,

copied

Last resorts to save your seeds

If all else fails, there are still a few more aggressive tricks that should only be used when, after a few days, your seeds have failed to hatch and make their way into the world.

For example, you can scrape off the outer layer of the seed with a little sandpaper, creating micro-abrasions that should let some water in. So you don´t overdo it with this scraping we have a little trick: roll up a piece of very fine sandpaper, with the rough side on the interior, and secure it with tape. Place the seeds inside and cover the openings with your hands. Then just shake it for a couple of minutes and the sandpaper will do its job. Another more risky option is to use a knife to cut the seed transversely, ever so slightly, which will help the water penetrate the shell.

If these methods work and get your seeds to break, allowing the embryo of the cannabis plant to emerge, you will have achieved your goal. You'll have to be very careful when handling them during the first few days, but after a week your old strain, preserved for years, should grow just like a younger seed and, after a few weeks, offer the same harvest you got from it before and so fondly remember.

acespicoli

Hello all,
I wanted to share a special little lady with you. She isn't full Deep Chunk. This is a Panama D/C from CannaBioGen. When the seed broke soil I could tell right away she was different. When the first leaves and the true leaves appeared, it was together and equally developed. I have been told by other breeders and growers that it will most likely be a runt and low producer. I couldn't care less about the yield. This is a recessive trait that may bring more to the table than any yield could compete with. The Panama side of the family has a higher CBG profile than most strains do. I will cross this plant with a Lebanese male and try to combine for a stronger chemotype.
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=76620&pictureid=1854620&thumb=1]View Image[/url]
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=76620&pictureid=1854619&thumb=1]View Image[/url]
This plant has a very strong stalk on it for it's size. It's leaves feel slightly thicker than a normal leaf. In the last two days of sunshine she has started a growth spurt. She is sharing a 45 gallon grow bag with a Blueberry from DJ Short. :tiphat: Peace

Are the nodes on that one determinate or indeterminate?
Clone that if its a keeper female it would take several generations bx to make it breed true for that trait had some in the past that were interesting

Latest posts

Latest posts