No announcement yet.

ECSD x Appalachia In A Crawlspace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking good man. Sorry you had some nanners. In my experience, everything I have ever crossed with ECSD has had hermaphroditic tendencies, like the mother. They are fickle to say the least. The quality that comes out of the crosses is superb though.

Looking forward to seeing the f3's. I haven't run those yet. And unfortunately, I sent the majority overseas and they disappeared with a now defunct seed bank.
    I am just a dreamer, but you are just a dream.

Comment

Speak of the devil

Hope alls well with ya H&L

Comment

What's up H&L and Cannavore. Good to see you're still around and doing well. Sorry too to hear about the f3s getting lost in the ether. I just got back in town from being gone several days and all the girls really missed me. They need some lovin' to get presentable but everybody will be back up to par here soon.
        sigpic
        Instagram @whodatisco
        Who grows Glue better than you. (current)

Comment

Today is day 58 of flower. Chugging along til the finish. Trichomes range from clear to some cloudy with just the faintest scattering of ambers starting to show on one plant. The Appalachia F3s have gotten off to a rough start but are still hanging in there. I have to quit putting seedlings in the mix I've been using. The Hemlocks are in full on rage mode right now. Stretching all day. I'm glad I topped the stretchiest pheno as it's tied with the second tallest now. Otherwise it would be way ahead of the others, about like the #2 Appalachian Diesel did. My rooted cutting of #2 is about to go down and hang out with the Hemlocks to help fill in the space around the 2nd bulb. It turned out to be a mutant because the mother was far enough along in flower. I think it will really work out for #2 though as it was so stretchy. It will fill out and catch up to the others and it will have lots of tops.

The Hemlocks

#4 Has started some odd foxtailing that I haven't seen before. It almost looks like it's starting to reveg. What do you think this could possibly be? Heat stress? Too much N, or P? It's the only one that's doing this.

Continued on next post...
          sigpic
          Instagram @whodatisco

Comment

I'll have to get some good pictures of the rest of the girls. I didn't get down there early enough and the light came on about halfway trying to take pictures. Once that orange glow sets I can't get any half decent pictures. I did manage to get one or two that I liked though.

#3 Getting the fall colors.

Here's #1. Based on everything I've seen so far this has to be my favorite pheno. Coincidentally I have the most cuts that rooted from #1 with at least one of everything else.

My attempt at a cell phone macro, hold the camera up to a magnifying glass. This picture is form #1 I believe.

Thanks for stopping in. Any thoughts?
            sigpic
            Instagram @whodatisco

Comment

Better pictures, still not great though. It's pretty hard to hold a plugged in work light and take pictures in the other hand.

The infamous #2

#1, the favorite so far

sigpic
              Instagram @whodatisco

Comment

These pictures were taken last night but I only got around to posting the update this morning. So last night was Day 65 of flowering for the Appalachian Diesels and I don't know off the top of my head for the Hemlocks, I'll have to look that up. I've finally started writing the flower start date next to the strain and plant number on the duct tape now that strains and start times are getting more chaotic. I decided to quit feeding the ADs as of last watering if I remember correctly and was going to let them coast to the finish. I was going to check out trichomes last night but spaced on it after planting a clover mix living mulch on the ADs and Hemlocks on the second bulb. I'm really excited for that to happen as I've been meaning to do it since my last stadium grow and never got around to it. I'm hoping that it will help the medium from drying out too fast and also help the hungry ass ADs get their Nitrogen fix at the same time. On that note, I still can't believe how heavy feeders the ADs are, #1 and #2 are already devouring their fan leaves really quickly where as the others aren't so fast to do it with #3 just chilling and not gobbling leaves yet. Pheno differences I guess. "Mama always said, a bag of beans is like a box of chocolates.....You never know what you're gonna get." Just molasses @ 1tsp/gallon and ful-power for the next few waterings and then straight water at the end.

Second bulb with ADs #1, 2, and 3 with the Hemlocks

ADs

Hemlocks

AD #4 It's still doing that weird foxtailing thing which I think is heat stress of some kind. I pulled it a couple of inches from the bulb as well as the rest of them too.

AD #5
                sigpic
                Instagram @whodatisco

Comment

AD #1

AD #2

AD Whole Gang

AD #1

AD #3

I would love some feedback or to hear your thoughts. Criticism? Advice? This seems to have been one of my quieter grow threads to date. Hope everyone is doing well and getting outside now that it's warming up outside!
                  sigpic
                  Instagram @whodatisco

Comment

Anybody got any advice on cloning too? I'm about to ditch this bubble cloner and try a humidity dome again I think. The bubble cloner takes up pretty prime real estate in the closet and is a pain in the ass switching out water. Thoughts?
                    sigpic
                    Instagram @whodatisco

Comment

oasis cubes and a good rooting gel
                      give it up for the ganja farmer

Comment

Originally posted by theJointedOne View Post
                        oasis cubes and a good rooting gel
                        I just checked those out and they look pretty interesting but damn, so expensive! When you run those do you have them in a humidity dome?

Thanks for stopping in
                        sigpic
                        Instagram @whodatisco

Comment

Clear Rez, or make your own with pool shock at the store. Haven't changed my bubbler water in almost 2 months. Still going strong homie!

Comment

Originally posted by FunkJungle View Post
                            Clear Rez, or make your own with pool shock at the store. Haven't changed my bubbler water in almost 2 months. Still going strong homie!
                            Can you elaborate on this? I'm definitely getting that sludgy slimey shit on the ends of the cuttings and I'm sure that's messing with them. I have shit packed in there so tight that I never want to change out the rez and I'm sure that's contributing to cuttings taking forever or not at all.

I'm about to say fuck it and try a humidity dome and rapid rooters again but would just as soon not drop money on another gadget like a heating pad. Thanks for the input FunkJungle!
                            sigpic
                            Instagram @whodatisco

Comment

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=219683
                              Current project: ..Right here. Seriously, just click it.

Completed: . . ... More vert lerv . . . . . . . Blumats, vert, n' dirt

"Then they took me by the hand, and they invited me right in.. Then they showed me something, I don't even know where to begin.."

Comment

Hiya Who Dat. Dont sweat the thread activity, I'm sure you got plenty of lurkers like me with not much to add. Did u build the partition panels with Orca?
                                H. B. McKush

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Comment

Working...
                                X