What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

BCN Diesel grow along

Chopped

Chopped

So I took the ladies at 70 days of flower. Leaves started to turn purple for the first time for this strain. Don't know if it was the nutrients or other changes made to my room or environmental but have run this strain for a few years in cold weather and it has never happened before. Probably Aerokrafters nutrient regieme.

I highly recommend this strain for beginners. Even though it is not a high yielding strain the quality of this strain is very good. The smell is totally outrageous, odor control is a must. The plants are very easy to grow and if abused will bounce right back. I have at times totally neglected the mothers and just strip everything but a few green leaves and before long, shazam, it takes off. They clone easily but take approx 3 weeks in rockwool to have roots exploding out of the cube.

My best ever for this strain has been 25 oz's untopped under my 1k and I may be close to that with these topped plants, will know after drying.

The plants have the most resin I have ever seen from this strain. Had to clean scissors every third plant or so while trimming. Smell is outstanding, it reeks of fuel.

Pictures are worth a thousand words so here they are.

Attachments

• wk 9 & 10 bloom data.jpg
    wk 9 & 10 bloom data.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 13
  • bud closeup.jpg
    bud closeup.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 12
  • purple leaves.jpg
    purple leaves.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 10
  • purpling leaves.jpg
    purpling leaves.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 19
  • prechop overhead.jpg
    prechop overhead.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 12
  • 25 hangers.jpg
    25 hangers.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 10
Hey again,

Cant wait to see the numbers, just wanted to ask about the drains (again) and the screen....

For the drains, can you suggest any changes to keep them from plugging up with roots? My thru hull anchors are 3/4" btw, and i know that Im going to run into issues with this guarenteed. I saw a fella with an aero system setup for a remote res which was in the next room, he had holes in the bottom of square fence posts which drained into a 2" or so PVC pipe that was run along the entire front of the unit and on a slight angle thru the wall and into the res. Im sure you have probally seen this as well. I may go that route still..

As for the screen, judging from the hight it was more of a spread/skeletal support scrog ya? Having lost half of my seedlings Im going to have to stray from the original plan and top twice and install a screen roughly 6-10" from the netpot top, can you see and issue with this? Im down to 22 seedlings, FMS white widow x big, just dropped 4 other assorted kush fem seeds and they are just popping thru the RW cubes now... THis sound ok or do you have any alternate suggestions/?

thanks again man

Drains

Drains

Ganga, yes I am always fighting clogs in the 3/4 inch hull fittings. I used to use 3/4" tubing and I did almost as described with 2" pvc tubing mounted up to the thru hull fittings
and used bungee straps to hold in place (used hole saw to cut 1 1/4" holes) but they still tend to clog. Just keep watch of the drain holes and either pull roots back up and out
of them as needed. You could also cut the taper part of the thru hull fitting off if you use the pipe or gutter and may help some but roots really take off in this system.

Screen

Screen

Ganga, about the screen my first screen is at 16". I have another 10" above that but did not need it this run. My diesel has thick stems and the screens act as a spreader more than anything else
but with other strains I have used them to bend tops and secure them to it if they get to tall. The screen I use is 2x4 garden wire screen with the 2" pieces cut out so really 4x4.

Don't see any problem with lower screen but if you have more head room you may want them higher.

Dark Helmet

OG mate loved the grow from start to finish, cant wait to see the final numbers you think u will be close to ur best?? hope to see another grow from u mate ill be the first in the seat watching..

DH

The final tally

The final tally

:woohoo:

So this run was better than I thought. Dry ended up with 27.5 oz's.
With a little longer veg and more height could probably hit 2 lbs with
this strain. Most plants were less than 26 inches tall.

One of my elves is doing a smoke report for me because i have the head rot and not tasting/smelling much at the moment.

The high from this strain is very up with very little body buz. High is near instanenous. Last approx 2 hours. Smooth with no cough.

The next run is coming. It consists of

Weedbeat - resin candy
Ogr - Wifi
Rp - og#18

Attachments

• close 1.jpg
    close 1.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 9
  • close 2.jpg
    close 2.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 11
  • next run.jpg
    next run.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 12

medicalmj

Veteran
:woohoo:

So this run was better than I thought. Dry ended up with 27.5 oz's.
With a little longer veg and more height could probably hit 2 lbs with
this strain. Most plants were less than 26 inches tall.

One of my elves is doing a smoke report for me because i have the head rot and not tasting/smelling much at the moment.

The high from this strain is very up with very little body buz. High is near instanenous. Last approx 2 hours. Smooth with no cough.

The next run is coming. It consists of

Weedbeat - resin candy
Ogr - Wifi
Rp - og#18
Nice grow pics in your album! How many watts and what was the sq/ft needed to pull 27.5 oz?

hempyftw

ya.

ya.

27 is nothing to shrug at!

I haven't gotten to that, and I've been growing for going on 5 years. Really need to switch my strain up though.

Glad to hear your new pump is giving ya some better mist.

Your already killing it in my eyes!

Latest posts

Latest posts