What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

THE WoW THREAD.

budman678

I come from the land where the oceans freeze
Veteran
I have a 400/600 Nextgen Digitial Ballast and there is no noticeable increase in heat. There is a smalll fan on it that exhausts heat. It literally emits no heat. Not sure if I have a unique ballast or what. Never hear of people talking about nextgens

self

yeah, I guess my phantoms are about as hot as my mac... you're probably fine. :thinking:
when do we get to see some room shots?

It also depends on the temp of your room. My Lumateks get much hotter when the ambient temps in the space they're in is higher. Even in 75 they are a little hot to the tough. Hotter than my 1k galaxy which has a fan.

I do know that hydrofarm has excellent service, so if you do ever have an issue, your local shop will make you whole. So you bought a bit of service with them, I'd feel good about that purchase.

Marlo

Seedsweeper
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Been a while since I updated... Everything is moving right along. On the downside of things, I wish SD#2 and the SFV Sour #4's were bigger. They don't stretch as much as I'd like. Gonna be some empty space above these girls. I'll think about raising their pots next round to make up the difference.
Also there is some bushiness going on where the plants meet. This has been tuff to manage, but its looking good so far. I've been thinning it out slowly. I think the 6's will help here too.
I'm still wishing that DSD from seed (not pictured) wouldv'e been a male. It's sitting in the sweet spot, making the room look real crowded. She also is looking hungry bcus she's not in the same mix as the others. I'm really considering taking her out and saving her for another run. This would also help in the bushy area. Gonna decide in a day or so.

Here we are at day 21. Excuse the shitty pics. Its not easy taking good pics in there, and I didn't have a flash....

Other than these 2 big bitches in the front, all the girls are playing nice and staying away from the bulbs. SFV Sour #6,#7 probably won't be kept after this round because of this. They don't play nice like #4. Growth profile has always been a big part of picking keepers for me...its even more important now that I'm running the 6's

picture.php

^^You can see my plumbing for my blumats, that still arent hooked up. Haven't had enough free time, at the right time. Hopefully soon.

picture.php

^^^SDibl chugging along

picture.php

^^ Here is the very chaotic, but soon to be very productive right side. Lotta work to get it to look like this

picture.php

^^ My 2 DSD ladies filling out nicely. Lovin the 6's

picture.php

^^ She stopped stretching right at the top. This is getting good.

picture.php

^^ Here's the right side, with the SFV Sour #4's. These are a breeze. A whole room of these would be alot less work. The branches stay where I put em, and she doesn't make a whole lotta fan leaves. The heat from the bulbs doesn't affect her either, she's happy here

picture.php

That's all for now.

:tiphat:

primobud

Quite the jungle you got there Marlo, looks like the temp rise didn't hurt a thing. Are you happy with the 600w? Right on!!!

Marlo

Seedsweeper
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Marlo - Awesome thread. I got one of my patience to switch to your WOW method and he loves it. Anyway i'm also running a phantom 600 and it doesn't get so warm I can't continuously hold my hand on it, but it is warm enough to be uncomfortable. However wired up for 220v it barely produces any heat at all. Not sure if you are able to use 220, but if heat becomes an issue that is a simple way to elminate some. Not sure if it is a concern, but all eballasts will last longer on 220v.

Wsup Mr D. Glad to see your patient finds it useful. I'd love to see some pics of the setup.
I'm not able to use 220v, but I figured it'd be much cooler running 220v.

Quite the jungle you got there Marlo, looks like the temp rise didn't hurt a thing. Are you happy with the 600w? Right on!!!

Thanks primo. The temp rise doesn't seem to be much of an issue. SFS #7 has a few fan leaves showing some claw, but nothing major. All the "keeper" plants are loving it so far. I've gotta go back and look at some old DSD pics, but they seem alot bigger for 21 days. :)

Hey Dank.Frank, I was in there doing some training on the DSD side and got my 1st whiff of that strawberry goodness. Its been a while since I've had the chance to smell her, and she smells better than ever so far. At the 3 week mark, NSPB is passing with flying colors. I am sold on this method already. You better get this thing in stores again before I run out, cuz I refuse to buy another bottle of nutes ever again. :)

:)

AOD2012

I have the key, now i need to find the lock..
Veteran
Looking great Marlo. Just switched the room over to vert, gonna start a thread soon. Hopefully ill be able to do something like you are! Keep it green.

aod

baittis

AYE Marlo! :wave:

Just loving your idea with the walls. I'm starting a new project within a few months and decided to go with vertical in my tent. This thread has really given me so much ideas how to control the growth, with the netting on the wall and all.

Def. gonna try that wall netting out!
You really desrve a big :thank you:

Keep it green. :smokeit:

Tonatiuh

its me Dave man open up the door...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
lookin good marlo.keepin tht work ethic real strong i see.
peace-T-

Mister_D

Veteran
Marlo - I'll try and remember my camera next time I visit his grow. So far he has nothing but good things to say, though there is a slight learning curve. Also as you mentioned it's important to have the right plant structure to optimize the method.

Noticed I used the wrong word with patience/patients, burning bubble will do that to ya lol. Keep us updated, i'm curious how the 600's work out for you. Also keep on frank's ass about getting that full life formula out to the masses ;) I want some too :laughing. Hint hint frank :bump:

Choc

Sup Mo... :D

Nice Work, garden looks great the 6's have made a massive improvement and im sure once you get them blumats rigged up you will be laughin.... not sure what your going to do with all that spare time tho... :bigeye:

nameless

bowlbreath
Veteran
the room looks so cool. its too bad you cant grow them all around your patio or deck like that. hgtv eat your heart out.

M

merlot

I think you are set with those 600's bro.. gonna be some nice harvests comin' your way ;)

Everything is filling out nicely in there!

I'm still wishing that DSD from seed (not pictured) wouldv'e been a male. It's sitting in the sweet spot, making the room look real crowded. She also is looking hungry bcus she's not in the same mix as the others. I'm really considering taking her out and saving her for another run. This would also help in the bushy area. Gonna decide in a day or so.

What did ya end up doing with this DSD lady?

Gsizzle

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeh Marlo looking like smooth sailing from this end with that H2O and Gro. This grow got me thinking of mixing things up a lil as far a the medium you running. Keep it rolling......

Marlo

Seedsweeper
ICMag Donor
Veteran
WOW Rockin the 6s WOW:jump:

Wsup Dank. 6's lookin real happy in there so far.

Nice to see you back. 600's doing great.

:wave:

Looking great Marlo. Just switched the room over to vert, gonna start a thread soon. Hopefully ill be able to do something like you are! Keep it green.

Thanks bro. Good luck with the switch. Vert is the shit once you've got it dialed....I'm almost there :)

AYE Marlo! :wave:

Just loving your idea with the walls. I'm starting a new project within a few months and decided to go with vertical in my tent. This thread has really given me so much ideas how to control the growth, with the netting on the wall and all.

Def. gonna try that wall netting out!
You really desrve a big :thank you:

AYE Baittis!
The net makes it possible to control some big girls :) I don't know many growers with 8 plants this big in spaces this small. These are the biggest girls I've had to date, (even tho they're only a few inches thick) I can't imagine how they'd look without the netting. This grow wouldn't be possible without it.

Check out some of Greenatik's grow's. I learned alot from watching him tryna control this jungle of Casey Jones by supporting it from behind.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=145462

lookin good marlo.keepin tht work ethic real strong i see.
peace-T-

I've learned that you only get back what you put into it. Judging by the looks of your room, your work ethic is one of the strongest around here.

Marlo - I'll try and remember my camera next time I visit his grow. So far he has nothing but good things to say, though there is a slight learning curve. Also as you mentioned it's important to have the right plant structure to optimize the method.

Picking the right strain can make all the difference. Especially for someone who is trying vert for the 1st time. Some growers try vert with an under veg'd indica, and expect to see increased yields. :shucks: Doesn't work that way. Vert is more efficient, but there are more variables to consider.

I've tossed many Sour Bubbles (and dozens of other strains) because they don't fit what I'm trying to do. SB in this room = failure. But my SFV Sour makes long strong branches with low foliage, and takes higher temps from close light bulbs like a champ. Same goes for my DSD and SD keepers. Diesel + kush + vert = :jump:

Sup Mo... :D

Nice Work, garden looks great the 6's have made a massive improvement and im sure once you get them blumats rigged up you will be laughin.... not sure what your going to do with all that spare time tho... :bigeye:

I really gotta get them blumats going. I'm running out of excuses.

the room looks so cool. its too bad you cant grow them all around your patio or deck like that. hgtv eat your heart out.

You might be on tho somethin bro. I can see one of the OD guys with a bunch of plants trained to a 12ft fence. That shit would really look like Wrigley Field!

What did ya end up doing with this DSD lady?

I decided to yank her. Gonna clone her and save her for another run. Or possibly give it to a friend looking to start growing.

Yeh Marlo looking like smooth sailing from this end with that H2O and Gro. This grow got me thinking of mixing things up a lil as far a the medium you running. Keep it rolling......

I'm really diggin it so far. Just have to see how this one plays out so I'll know whether or not to adjust the ratio for the soil mix. I'm thinking about making it a bit hotter next time. They've pumped up alot in the last 2 days, but the fan leaves are a cpl shades lighter than I'd like em to be at this point. It's all a learning experience, but this is definitely the way I want to do it from now on.