What's new

Alien Rift & GG4 in RDWC under PLC LED...

Canopy

Great white shark is a great classic...be nice to see how what you have compares. Pine is a nice terp to have in your buds...the classic!
As far as changes on the gg4 clone....in short no. In fact I feel like it is better now but I think that is do to me being a little better grower than early on. The frost and gas smell I get now are better than before. LED has a bit to do with that I think.
I think you meant BROscience there...haha. I have kept a mom for a bit then taken clones from the best looking, biggest clones. Then kept one of those for a bit then back to the best clone. I think it has more to do with the health you keep them in than the plant itself. Keep them in a VERY good healthy state and they will be good. Let them go to hell and get stressed a bunch and your clones from that plant will suffer.

Getting my stoke on for the chop...probably still be about 10 days but I feel it is getting there...yeah baby!
Have a great day all. Peace, negative.

Oh yes haha I did mean BROscience stupid autocorrect. Guess I should proof read my stuff before posting. That's great to hear actually the gt4 is getting better. Makes sense that health of the mother would affect the clones.

I've been cruising through this forum and soaking up a lot of great info. I was going to inquire about your methods for mixing up the Jack's into concentrate bottles but I came across your very detailed post in the fertilizer section. I really enjoyed reading some of the user 'ichabod crane' and his threads on vertical growing and air layering. Very cool stuff.

You mentioned above that you have lots of seeds. What do you want to pop next? What's your favorite beans you have? I have grown MSNL white widow, MSNL bug bud, MSNL great white shark(current), Seedsman GelatOG, Ocean Grown Shockwave and Malibu Pie. I dont have very many beans and I'd like to get some proper good dank ones but man when I look at the choices. There are just so many it's like where does a person start. I guess for me I kinda chose something that had a name I recognized.

So have you chopped yet? I know you said about 10 days and it's not quite that yet. I would to see some pics of the harvest. I'm sure its fire!

Have a good day negative.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Thanks for the interest. As far as seeds go I do not have very many that are from a breeder. I only have the Ocean Grown gear. Alien rift, Malibu pie, Dough G and Man o War. All the others, which are a ton, are my own crosses. I used to pollen chuck a lot with things I liked. I am actually going to do a small/modified seed run this grow. I have gotten a confirmed male of the Dough G out of the 3. I am thinking I will pop a GG4 in there with the other Doug G's. Let the male throw his pollen a bit then yank it out. Let the other 3 flower out and collect some seeds. This will give me a Dough G back crossed to itself and a gg4 x Dough G cross. Never know what might come of that nice mix. Always fun playing with pollen. I have had at least 1 excellent result from this before. A mix of Super Silver Haze and Afgooey. Super Silver Goo. Reeked of purple Jolly Rancher and was heavily covered in trichs. I kept a clone/mother for awhile after a reveg. Sadly I made the decision to let her go when I was scheduled for a vacation. Have regretted that...
Here is a shot of some of those SSG buds in action...this was from seed.
fetch?photoid=16339491.jpg

fetch?photoid=16339491.jpg

fetch?photoid=16344317.jpg

It was easy to grow and had a great effect.

As far as the harvest not quite there yet. I am on day 67 today and will go 70. I will post up some harvest pics. They are looking very colorful.
Again thanks for the interest. Have as great day all. Peace, negative.

Canopy

Thanks for the interest. As far as seeds go I do not have very many that are from a breeder. I only have the Ocean Grown gear. Alien rift, Malibu pie, Dough G and Man o War. All the others, which are a ton, are my own crosses. I used to pollen chuck a lot with things I liked. I am actually going to do a small/modified seed run this grow. I have gotten a confirmed male of the Dough G out of the 3. I am thinking I will pop a GG4 in there with the other Doug G's. Let the male throw his pollen a bit then yank it out. Let the other 3 flower out and collect some seeds. This will give me a Dough G back crossed to itself and a gg4 x Dough G cross. Never know what might come of that nice mix. Always fun playing with pollen. I have had at least 1 excellent result from this before. A mix of Super Silver Haze and Afgooey. Super Silver Goo. Reeked of purple Jolly Rancher and was heavily covered in trichs. I kept a clone/mother for awhile after a reveg. Sadly I made the decision to let her go when I was scheduled for a vacation. Have regretted that...
Here is a shot of some of those SSG buds in action...this was from seed.

It was easy to grow and had a great effect.

As far as the harvest not quite there yet. I am on day 67 today and will go 70. I will post up some harvest pics. They are looking very colorful.
Again thanks for the interest. Have as great day all. Peace, negative.

Wowza!! That SSG looks mouthwatering, your description of it sounds amazing. So many huge colas. Do you do any leaf stripping during flower? My GWS is very bushy and leafy. I de-leafed and lollipop at day 15 and now day 32 it looks super bushy again. Makes me a little nervous about PM. I'm thinking of another leaf strip before end of flower.

Thats a great idea to chuck some pollen on nice cultivars, true you never know what's hiding in there until it grows out. I have a plant limit where I am but I would lile to make some of my own seeds someday and do a pheno hunt for something unique. Id like to get a few more successful grows under my belt. Would you mind going over your technique for making seeds? Do you collect some pollen and selectively pollinate branches or just let the male do his thing?

Have a great day fellow grower

negative37dBA

Veteran
Thanks for that, it was a very nice strain. Luckily for me a do have some more seeds of that one. Can still try to find a nice keeper again. I do leaf strip heavy now but on that run I did very little. They were all from seed and I just kinda wanted to let them go and see how they turned out.
Take a look at this shot from day 35....trichs were loading up already. Super Silver Goo.
fetch?photoid=16327596.jpg

In the past I have grown out the male and collected pollen. Then selectively pollinate some branches. This time I am going to put the male in the room and let him do his thing with some limits. Keep the number of male flowers down through trimming. Once some has spread I will take him out of the system and just flower the 3. May collect a bit for future use as well.
Lights went off for the last time this run...harvest is Tuesday am...woot woot. It will be day 71 for the Glue.
Have a great day all. Peace, negative.

Canopy

Harvested today....came out great. Cleaning up and putting the Dough G in later tonight...I like quick turnarounds. Went to day 73 this run.
GG4. Came out gassy AF and loaded with trichs...so nice and predictable.

Some lowers.

Have a great winter see you all later.
negative.

Top shelf results there Negative! Just finished up reading your SSG diary. I applaud your journaling skills, very enjoyable reading. I see that back then you grew in soil. I always read about how people think there is a smell or taste difference from soil to hydro. That since hydro is synthetic nutrients it wont have as deep a flavored or as strong a smell. Have you noticed that? Are there any other noticeable differences in flowers grown hydro vs soil that you have found?

I hope you keep us updated on the Dough G grow.

Have a great Thanksgiving everyone.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Hi all!!! Still kicking around. Dough G all turned out to be males so doing a seed run. Crossing Dough G with GG4. Had 3 males and picked the best smelling one with very large internode spacing. Had another that was tighter but I am going for quality, not quantity. Going to have a ton of seeds. Will also keep some of the Dough G pollen to toss on some other things later. Full on winter here today....5 degrees....whoa cold, so cold.
Dough G male.
fetch?photoid=18025783.jpg

fetch?photoid=18025784.jpg

Have a great day all. Hope you all had a Merry Christmas!
​​​​​​​Peace, negative.

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi all!!! Still kicking around. Dough G all turned out to be males so doing a seed run. Crossing Dough G with GG4. Had 3 males and picked the best smelling one with very large internode spacing. Had another that was tighter but I am going for quality, not quantity. Going to have a ton of seeds. Will also keep some of the Dough G pollen to toss on some other things later. Full on winter here today....5 degrees....whoa cold, so cold.
Dough G male.

Have a great day all. Hope you all had a Merry Christmas!
Peace, negative.

Nice Seed Run youre going to have the more the merrier this run good luck ...

Latest posts

Latest posts