What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Panop '09: Back Inaction (Mandala Satori & Kalichakra, Nirvana Ice, CH9 Hashplant)

panopticist

Sneak attack critical
Veteran
Whoops. I've been falling down on the job.

The Kalichakra has a sweet, floral, fabric softener flavor. A heady smoke that manages to be both uplifting and relaxing at the same time. I can smoke a decent sized joint (about 1.3g +/-), and my head will buzz softly and I can tell that I am pretty baked, yet I don't feel tied to the couch. I can think clearly, yet I feel completely chilled out. The final product is dense and covered in crystals. I consider this a standout strain due to it's flavor and stone and will run it again soon.

Satori coming shortly...

panopticist

Sneak attack critical
Veteran
The Satori is one of those strains that gets you baked on the first hit. Anything afterwards is just icing on the cake. I don't know if the whole 28% THC claim that was made on this board is true, I didn't have some life-shattering experience or anything, but it was really good bud.

The top buds were super-dense, heavy, and loaded with trichomes. One thing that I found a little odd was how the cured nuggets' smell disappeared over time. For a few weeks after harvest, they had this delicious stank-ass lemon stench that was just fantastic. But shortly after that, the stank began to fade. It still gets me high as hell, but just doesn't have that same lemony-goodness I tasted/smelled at first. Maybe I stored it improperly?

I use swingtop jars like these in 1 litre sizes. I used the rubber seal and everything...

I dried the nugs on baking racks with a 4" axial fan blowing over them. After 2-3 days, they were dry to the touch and jarred. I'd leave the lids propped open so they'd constantly have fresh air flow for a few more days. Then, I'd close the jars shut and only open them for 30 minutes day, making sure to rearrange the nuggets so they'd air out evenly. Another 3-4 days of that and I stored them closed indefinitely.

I've got a new vape on the way. Maybe that'll reveal some of that lost/hidden stank...

thekingofNY

Cannasseur
For a few weeks after harvest, they had this delicious stank-ass lemon stench that was just fantastic. But shortly after that, the stank began to fade. It still gets me high as hell, but just doesn't have that same lemony-goodness I tasted/smelled at first. Maybe I stored it improperly?

I dried the nugs on baking racks with a 4" axial fan blowing over them. After 2-3 days, they were dry to the touch and jarred.

Try letting them dry slower next time, you don't want the fan blowing directly on them, but rather above or below or next to them. It should really take almost a week to dry, except for small nugs. Any idea what your RH was?

Either way nice job. I got some Mandala Genes in Veg now and can't wait to flower them.

Zealious

Good Show. I love the mandala. Kali seems like a really nice strain. Pls look aT my grow and let me know if they look like kali to you... Im thinking they are more white satin. They are very lemony with a carmel sour lemon taste And the smoke is smooth and mellow and you can still think. But you can tell its strong just not too stoney.

What do you have planned for the tent now?