What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Let's see and hear about your sick plants!!

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Have you ever seen anything like this? Two harvest now. 49 days today. And I haven’t been able to stop it. Vegbloom, shine, stackwell, 1.6 ec, fed 3 times per day

Co2 at 1000-1200 (on controller)
Temps 85
Humidity 70

I have two PurpAl plants growing side by side and one is turning yellow like your pics. The other one is great, is almost to start of fade.
No idea why.

I made a thread about this a little while ago, and one fella replied with what I kinda thought was going on, but my plants continue to have their lower fan leaves yellow and then dry/die....

...figured I'd post here to see what more folks think.

The lowest fan leaves on my 6 week old plants are starting to yellow, and they ultimately end up browning/shriveled and die after a few days, while the plants in general appear to be relatively lush and healthy and continue to grow otherwise.

Is this a typical sign of N deficiency?

The plants I grew last year did this too...almost always had a leaf or two along the bottom portion of the plant that would be yellow and dying off/dropping...but the plants seemed to grow pretty healthy over all to my eyes.

I don't want to see this happening when they're so young & relatively small though. This is only my 2nd grow, just trying to figure out what the problem is...I'm assuming this is a sign of nitrogen deficiency, but other than the lower fan leaves the plants are rather green & lush and continue to develop.

The plants are outdoors. Soil is "Roots original", recycled from last year (they will be transplanted into some better amended soil). The only thing I've given them is so far is some diluted urine and some fish emulsion tea. I am using unfiltered city water, though I don't feel our municipal water around here is terrible. Last year I did run it through a carbon filter and didn't have any issues (besides there always being a yellow leaf or two along the lower portion of the plant). I will be getting another filter next month. I don't have much $ at the moment so I'm working with what I have for now.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

slownickel

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Phosphorus deficiency, might be induced by being root bound. A bit of gypsum might help. Do you know the pH of your run off?

Skunkbeard

It's been 4-5 weeks since last transplanting. I noticed these brown spots. Anyone have any ideas? I'm most concerned if it could be broad/russet mites? Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• unnamed-2.jpg
    unnamed-2.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 24
  • unnamed-8.jpg
    unnamed-8.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 26
  • unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 25
  • unnamed-6.jpg
    unnamed-6.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 17
  • unnamed-3.jpg
    unnamed-3.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 27
  • unnamed-1.jpg
    unnamed-1.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 26

Mattbho

It's been 4-5 weeks since last transplanting. I noticed these brown spots. Anyone have any ideas? I'm most concerned if it could be broad/russet mites? Thanks in advance!

No one will reply because the possiblites are endless . Its sun damage . With too much rain in the pots. You fed them chicken fingers 2 weeks back?
Oh they are indoor ? Coco for kookoo puffs

Ya see !! i think if you put the time into it a littlde more, you may find someone to take thier time and take a crack at it.

Im prolly sounding like a dick but it could be sun food or water related. I asked for help last week and kinda half assed it. I was my only reply.

Was more of a yes no question for me . Im a novice but if it at the bottom its an immobile element i believe but it could be ph problem . Theres a sick guide to problems somewhere on site like book format with pictures and a form u fill out type of deal if u ask for help

Kree73

Great new forum Gypsy, I've got a little something to get the ball rolling, it's not exactly a sick plant, more of an injured one :)

Here's an example of what can often be a growers worst enemy, procrastination. Procrastination, aka, I'll do it later, aka, I'm stoned and I can't be arsed, aka I'm busy doing nothing, is what caused this.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/gallery/data/500/195NFTree1212-d38Toast1-thumb.jpg]View Image[/url]

I knew that the plant needing tyeing up but I put it off, because I was watching EastEnders or the Simpsons or something, then after that I got stoned and ended up going to bed. I woke up about 8am and I thought that my better half was up making me some Tea and Toast for breakfast because I could smell a toasty smell, like burnt toast or something ( not that she's a crap cook or anything :) ) I turned to get out of bed and I noticed that my better half was still there much to my dismay because if she wasn't making the toasty smell then what the hell was LOL

Anyway, I immediately ran into the growroom and noticed that the plant that I had failed to secure was now involved in a passionate liason with a 1000w HPS, I'm not kidding this thing was just hugging the bulb, smoldering away, thank god it was covered in resin otherwise it might have caught fire LOL

Anyway, the moral of that story is this, there's a lot of things that you can do in your growroom to prevent illnesses and accidents, so make sure you do them at the first opportunity, don't put things off, especially safety issues.

I've got another story about a ballast that exploded but I'll leave that for another day :D

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/gallery/data/500/195shitty-ballast-thumb.JPG]View Image[/url]

Word to the wise, always have an electrical fire extinguisher near your growroom and have smoke alarms fitted.

Also check all wires are secure and all fastening / terminating screws are tight ( but not over tight ) . Most important if unsure of anything , find someone who isn't unsure . Good call on the fire control :tiphat:
Kree73 out

Skunkbeard

No one will reply because the possiblites are endless . Its sun damage . With too much rain in the pots. You fed them chicken fingers 2 weeks back?
Oh they are indoor ? Coco for kookoo puffs

Ya see !! i think if you put the time into it a littlde more, you may find someone to take thier time and take a crack at it.

Im prolly sounding like a dick but it could be sun food or water related. I asked for help last week and kinda half assed it. I was my only reply.

Was more of a yes no question for me . Im a novice but if it at the bottom its an immobile element i believe but it could be ph problem . Theres a sick guide to problems somewhere on site like book format with pictures and a form u fill out type of deal if u ask for help

It was nutrient deficiency. I picked up a microscope and didn't see any mites. Thanks for your input :)

Bud_Greenleaf

Help me with scrawny Blueberry Auto please

Help me with scrawny Blueberry Auto please

I have one autoflowering blueberry (my first try at autoflower, and only 2nd time growing, so I'm a total noob). This is an indoor grow, using a 32x32x63 inch TropoLite tent. The bottom line is I'm having trouble, and I'm not sure what to do to fix it. The plant is just way too scrawny for its age, it should have a lot more vegetation at this point. It has apparently started flowering, but it just seems very slow and stunted at best. I've attached pictures, and can post more if needed (in outdoor light for better color).

Here is my complete grow log. I really appreciate any and all help, suggestions, and hints. Thank you so much in advance!

Plant Journal
Blueberry auto flower
Seed obtained from ILGM

Sprouted on July 9

Fed on 7/25
1/2 gallon of water/nutrient solution
1/4 teaspoon Fox Farm Grow Big per gallon

Transplant on 7/30 to 2 gallon fabric pot

Fed on 7/31
About 1/4 to 1/3 gallon of water with:
1/4 teaspoon Fox Farm per gallon
1/4 teaspoon Foliage Pro per gallon
pH of solution approx 6.7

Fed on Sunday August 4
About 1/3 gallon water with:
1-2 teaspoon per gallon - Fox Farm
1/2 teaspoon per gallon - Foliage Pro
5 ml / half capful of Myco chum
pH 6.3, TDS 520 ppm

August 6
Upgraded to GreenGro 1200 W LED grow light !! Super bright, I have to wear sunglasses around it.
Previously using single CFL and supplemental LED 3-bar yoyomax plant lamp (crappy).
I'm keeping the light about 6 inches above the top of the plant. I can put my hand there and it is not hot, just warm.

Foliar Fed on August 6
Light foliar misting, dilute nutrient solution

Fed on August 8, soil was very dry
Similar to 8/4 feeding (same solution)
About 1/3 to 1/2 gallon water

Saturday August 10
Had been noticing soil pH meters (2 of them) indicated high pH (7.5-7.7) so made pure water pH 6.35 solution, flushed soil with 3/4 gallon of water.
Runoff indicated improved pH around 6.8

Vertical growth seems to have slowed significantly since new light. Showing early signs of flowering (calyx/hairs at nodes).
Still seems very stunted, leaves are small and some droopiness. Calyx growth very slow. Time to switch to flower nutrients?
(Apparently in flowering now, I read that autos can flower at 30 days.) maybe also from stress?

Temperature has been monitored the whole time, and goes between 72 and 86 depending on lights. On 18/6 light schedule. Humidity has been approximately 40-45% RH with dips to low 30s at times. Usually around 35-40%.

August 15
Flushed with 1 gallon of pH 6.7 water
Fed with 1/2 gallon of following solution:
1 gallon distilled water (distilled, 2 ppm)
3 mL of Cal Mag Plus
2 tablespoons of Fox Farms Big Bloom
TDS of 375 ppm, pH of 6.7
Runoff water approx pH 6.8

Aug. 18
feeding with 1/2 gallon of following solution:
1 gallon water
2 mL cal mag plus
1 Tablespoon of Fox Farms Big Bloom
2.5 teaspoons of FF Tiger Bloom
solution: pH 6.4, TDS: 650 ppm
After feeding, runoff water: pH 6.6

I also put the fabric container in a collander (sp? the thing you strain spaghetthi with) to raise it up a little above the plastic runoff tray, to allow for better drainage and so it does not sit in its runoff water.

Flower growth seems VERY slow. Overall very lanky and slow growth, sparse foliage.

The plant is about 23 inches tall. It is 40 days old. I know the crappy CFL light that I used for way too long definitely stressed it. But I've taken care of the light now. I had also started out using tap water, with TDS of 190 ppm, but I'm using much better water now.

I'm wondering if the temperature is too high, and I'm making some changes today to improve the venting of heat from the LED light.

Please help me! I really don't want to let this girl die. :-(

Bud_Greenleaf

Help me with scrawny Blueberry Auto please [pix]

Help me with scrawny Blueberry Auto please [pix]

Here are the pictures of the Blueberry Autoflower.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Bud_Greenleaf

Very hungry!

Hi slownickel. Thanks for the response. Do you mean to say she needs more feeding? Perhaps I’ll give her the 2nd half gallon of the last nute mix, as she is actually looking a little better since that feeding. I’ve read so many people saying not to overfeed that maybe I’ve just been too conservative.

Thanks!
BG

Bud_Greenleaf

A couple more things. The medium is a mix of coco coir and potting soil with some perlite. It’s from the “A Pot for Pot” kit you can buy online. Being that there’s probably 2/3 coco, should the pH of the medium be lower than 6.5?
Also, the bottom half of the stalk is a deep purple color. Is that from a deficiency of some sort? I will post updated pictures soon. Thanks for the help.

goldmund

my plants are dying

my plants are dying

high icmag sorry to bother you with another post but WTF is happening to my babies? i've already lost 5 of them due to that shit, this literally breaks my heart to see them dying without being abble to do something... here is the problem:first the leaves are verry pointing up ,then getting pale/yellow, they stop growing and finally the whole plant die .dispite a good weather this year and good care (i hope) ,there still have problems...i'm growing all organic with guano and diferents manure .any help woul be appreciate .thanks

Attachments

• _1120650.jpg
    _1120650.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 16
  • _1120652.jpg
    _1120652.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 17
  • _1120653.jpg
    _1120653.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 14
  • _1120654.jpg
    _1120654.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 15

slownickel

ICMag Donor
Veteran
high icmag sorry to bother you with another post but WTF is happening to my babies? i've already lost 5 of them due to that shit, this literally breaks my heart to see them dying without being abble to do something... here is the problem:first the leaves are verry pointing up ,then getting pale/yellow, they stop growing and finally the whole plant die .dispite a good weather this year and good care (i hope) ,there still have problems...i'm growing all organic with guano and diferents manure .any help woul be appreciate .thanks

looks like you may have pushed everything way too acid and way too salty. Can you get some gypsum real quick?

You may also be overwatering too...

goldmund

thanks slownickel , it's possible i've over watered but the leaves pointing up this way ??
i have liquid calcium and will give them asap ,as a soil grower i've always neglect the PH side ...

Mellowsunset

Newbie problems

Newbie problems

Hi folks

Guess this happens all the time with newbies. I tried to work it out myself from comparing online leaf colour, pattern and turn up/down, can't resolve and babies getting worse.

White Widow feminised seeds from Royal Seeds Spain
Temp 26-28, humidity 60%
Fresh air constant circulation
Bio Bizz Light only to germinate
Bio Bizz Light with organic mix added and cooked for 4 weeks - 30 litre pot, 2 inches of clay pebbles at bottom of pot, few hand fulls mix in soil.

4 germinated well in small pots Bio Bizz Light (nothing added), grew to 2 inches looking healthy. Transplanted to large pots and watered with pure RO - first mistake. Stopped growing lower leaving became yellow, turning brown, then curling. 4-5 days later looked better and growth returned. Then realised pure RO was ph 6.0 and stripping calcium and mag. Watered with RO ph up to 6.5, cal/mag added - EC 0.6 (400 ppm). Growth stopped, oldest leaves again turning yellow - brown - curling - starting at the tip working back to main stem then effecting next leaves up. I read about flushing, but can't find what ph and ppm to flush with?

I know I've locked or burned out in some way but can't tell from online pics exactly how I'm hurting them. It's 6 days and the yellow brown attack continues up the plant. Pics attached of the ladies and stuff I've used.

Always grateful

Bud_Greenleaf

How close are your lights to the top of the seedlings? Do you know the pH of the soil mix when you started out? Also for flushing, the ppm is theoretically zero since it’s just pure water, the idea being you want to flush out all the stuff currently in there, and basically hit the “Reset” button. Usually a flush is followed by a *light* feeding. I’m not saying you want to flush though.

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I also think the transplant was too early. Next, how much watering/flushing have you been doing? Pick up that pot, does it feel really heavy? If so, id do nothing and wait.

Latest posts

Latest posts