What's new

Spider mites AKA The Borg

onegreenday

Veteran
Vape my friend. You will not look back. I got the volcano and love it.

Thanks greenspace.

We are still in uncharted territory, even with vaps.
Floramite, Azomite smoke/vapors have NOT been studied for possible damage
to human tissue.

It's an unknown..better to get your grow going to use nothing , if possible.

heyhey greenspace, can you give me an example or two of some of those safe sprays? (the best bang for your buck if possible)....

I use the Garden Safe line by Schultz. If you want bang for the buck use the Insecticidal Soap. One $10 bottle will make 10 gallons of spray and it can be used on veg. The other is called Fruit and Vegetable Insect Killer. Those are about $7 per pint.

whitey

Ok fellas, call me silly but I have a simple question first off...Is spider mite infested cannabis safe to smoke? hahaha. I swear I read ALL 14 pages of this thread and did not see anything in reference to this although that electron microscope pic is haunting. Even if it is safe I just dont know if i can bring myself to smoke this chronic. I am greatly appreciative of the information contained within but am battling the catch 22 of being 40-45 days into flower and feeling fuc%#! in this situation. Do I spray with water to contain, shop vac, try to manually pick off? I can see three of my 9 ladies are hit pretty good.

Been growing for 8 plus yrs now and NEVER had to deal w/ these fuckers...now I just feel like a rookie biatch for not noticing until webbed up uggh :-D
FUCK THE BORG FUCKING WHORES!!!

andl

i saw the mites are always crawling on top (i think because its warmer there), so if you hang your plants upside down, most of them go up to the stem.

also they re sitting most on leaves not buds. (if there arent too many)

i wouldnt mind smoking sense with mites on it, but if you use chemicals you have to watch out for the waiting time! this can hurt ya really.

D.arity

Spider mites AKA The Borg

Since the vaporized alkaloids are heavier than air, would they sink and take the shape of the container theyre in? Also, Im referring to the un-inhaled vapors, not the ones you exhaled. Reputation Comments on this post: Nice thread

has anyone tried the 50/50 mix of rubbing alcholol and water, with a dash of dish soap in a spray bottle. please hurry there breeding as we speak
:(

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
I've had the BORG many times, only thing that works and keeps em off for me is Fluromite SC, works for about 4 weeks per spraying. Get some, buy, beg, borrow or however you can, only takes a few drops per gallon. I spray it every 3 weeks or so to keep it strong in the plants, they won't even touch sprayed plants!

Just a reminder. If you spray the same product for pest control a lot, bugs will become more resistant. We wouldn't want the best products for the borg to become obsolete.

OK I BROKE DOWN AND TRIED THIS METHOD. I WILL UPDATE THE THREAD WITH THE RESULTS OF THIS METHOD.I PLAN TO FOLLOW UP WITH A DECK SCRUB OF FLOOR OF ENVIROMENT WITH SCENTED BLEACH, AND FINALLY A DOCTOR DOOM FOGGER.

Danknuggler

The Arsenal

The Arsenal

I'm not f'ing around this time.nuggler
the arsenal.jpg

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
BTW, pyrethrum foggers only work as a tool to keep infestations from starting or getting worse, they don't seem to be effective at killing an infestation. I use 1-2 of them a week as a preventative measure, and it kills all the other critters (spiders, earwigs, etc) that seem to love my room.

TickleMyBalls

just don't molest my colas..
Veteran
Don't really have time to read through the whole thread, but has anyone tried the Doktor Doom Spider Mite Knock out? I'm sure it works, but how harsh are the effects on the plants?

Asiatica

Read the whole thread brother.

Im sure you are not THAT busy.

Dont fuck around with the bugs.

If your grow isnt worth an hour of reading/reasearch then your grow aint worth shit.....

Dont get offended just get serious.:joint:

THC123

Veteran
Just a reminder. If you spray the same product for pest control a lot, bugs will become more resistant. We wouldn't want the best products for the borg to become obsolete.
img24116634842.jpg

just order this it is safe and it works , bye bye spider mites
, also doesn't build up resistance you can keep using it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TickleMyBalls

just don't molest my colas..
Veteran
Read the whole thread brother.

Im sure you are not THAT busy.

Dont fuck around with the bugs.

If your grow isnt worth an hour of reading/reasearch then your grow aint worth shit.....

Dont get offended just get serious.:joint:

I'm not trying to get things done without research. I've read through a few pages, and have battled mites in the past. I'm just super busy this time of year and never saw anything mentioned about the knock out product. i just saw it for sale at the store. I'm not a newbie coming in trying to get info without work. I've been around the forums for 5 years. If my basket wasn't full of like a dozen non-grow problems right now, I'd be all over reading any info i can about getting rid of these neem resistant fucks.