What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Arcata Trainwreck

kovenant

well. day 68 (yesterday)

so, i have 2 plans - maybe you TW growers can help me decide what to do. trichs look awesome, they are ready to go. there are alot of opinions and myths out there, so i wanted to get some info based off experience if possible :joint:

plan 1: i've heard that pulling/cutting the girls during dark cycle (before lights on) is best, because the nutes go to the roots during this phase, then back into the plant during light. so i will either pull the plug on my lights and begin harvesting tonight (Day 69)

or

plan 2: i've heard that leaving the girls in the dark (some say 24 hrs, some say 72...) that it causes the plant to realize that light isnt coming back and forces them to produce more resin at a last grab at pollen. any validity or experience with this? if this method works well.. i dont want to eat into all my days off (thats my harvest/trimming time!) but would definately let them sit until Sunday (Day 70) until noon or evening (meaning they would get about 36 hrs dark.)

any suggestions?

oh - here's some pics from last night (Day 68)

i did both left in dark for two days and a grow were i did not leave in dark, both came out the same did not see no difference.

kovenant

well... where better to show off my Arcata Trainwreck harvest than with you guys in this awesome thread.

btw - thank you all for the help and support, you guys really helped me pull off a great grow. cheers!! :joint:

sorry for so many, but im super stoked and excited to share them! by the way - 2 aircooled 600w HPS, CO2, and a 12 bucket DWC system yielded 1.25 lb for me... and my first grow :headbange

Last edited:

Dr. G

CIMG4925.jpg

CIMG4935.jpg

this is at like 3.5 weeks

Silverhaze

hey

I got a train wreck clone....i dont know if it´s urs hellafella but i got it ;)
After all these pics,i cant wait for mine to grow!

here´s a sneak peak of it....and some others.lol
happyfamily1.jpg

So...i would like to know whats the story behind this strain...if somebody could tell me...or just simply indicate me a link so i could read it.

Thanks
Silverhaze

G

Yo, Silverhaze... There are many threads about the history of the trainwreck. Here is one, http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=20098&highlight=trainwreck+story. I suggest using the "Search" feature. You will find what you want.

Anyone else take cuttings from the same Arcata mother and find some cuts with late flower nanners and others with none? I usually get a very minute amount of late flower nanners at about 60 days flower ( I like to take my TW to 70 ) . Sometimes the nanners are sterile and other times they are not. It is said that she stresses easily, just seems strange that some express it and others do not. In the exact same environment no less.

-YEM

Last edited:

mark6699331

Nice work Dr. G!!!

Easy Rasta i'll pm you some time this weekend.

And no i've never seen the real arcata cut herm. Just the other cut that is not quite as good herms

m

G

Mark, thanks for the input. Mine directly came from a very respected member on this board and I am 100% positive it is the Arcata. The herms may be due to a couple of storms that knocked out my power. Though my other strains were not affected. Only my second run of her, still dialing her in.

-YEM

Last edited:

mark6699331

There are three versions of the Arcata cut that i know of. The e-32 is the very best in my opinion. 42 days ready, never a herm even if you go 60 days and gets about 1-1.5 per thouy. And this is info from the source itself.
They all are nice smoke though, but the e-32 is the best IMHO.

m

Dr. G

mark6699331 said:
There are three versions of the Arcata cut that i know of. The e-32 is the very best in my opinion. 42 days ready, never a herm even if you go 60 days and gets about 1-1.5 per thouy. And this is info from the source itself.
They all are nice smoke though, but the e-32 is the best IMHO.

m

mine hermies sometimes and i did get it from a seed in a bag and i dont know how it could be any danker than what it is right now seriously you couldnt fit another trich on it

by any chance you got pics of the 3 diffkinds id love to see them all

we also need to invent smell o vision :nono:

mark6699331

smell o vision would be nice but i think dr. jay's description is pretty good.

I got two phenos going right now- i'll try to get a pic. My problem is trying to figure out the whole upload download thingy. My ex-girlfriend used to do all that for me. I got the e-32 from the creater himself so i know its legit. The other ones i got from around town shall i say.

You should see the kief made from the e-32. My god! Pure gold heaven!

I see if i can figure the camera thing out and give y'all something to drool over from our 100% legal medical co-op garden.

:rasta: :redface: :laughing:
m

mark6699331

Very nice picture. Just off hand i'd say since you got it from seed- it looks like a 75% wreck and 25% something else. But nonetheless 100% top grade. Nice work! What's the smell like?

Dr. G

no i think it hermied if you refer to the pics a few posts up theres no leaves really gota bluish hue smells like dead meat menthol lemon grows like a vine i really dont see anything else in it

whats the difference that you see?

oh btw the nug looksalittle more bluethan it really does tho it does have a blue hue for sure

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts