What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Chanting Growers Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Each and every day,
let's be careful not to become overconfident or careless.
Let's do our utmost to spend each day free of accident and incident.
It's imperative to warn each other about being vigilant,
even if it is just a few words.
By reminding each other,
we protect the safety of each other.

Daisaku Ikeda

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I love knowing BOG is around. Let's finish the year as strong as we can!

Much love and deepest respect! (Hi Sister T)

Thomas

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Only by defeating a powerful enemy can one prove one's real strength."

(Letter from Sado - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Volume 1, page 302) Selection source: SGI President Ikeda's guidance, Seikyo Shimbun, November 3rd, 2012

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Formalities don’t matter. The driving force for succeeding in our efforts for kosen-rufu is uniting in purpose based on focused daimoku, which has the power to move everything in a positive direction."

SGI Newsletter No. 8654, To My Young Friends—Leaders of a New Age. [6] Working Together in Harmonious Unity—Part 2 [of 3], from 3rd Oct., 2012, issue of the Seikyo Shimbun, translated 24th Oct., 2012.

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nichiren Buddhism is the motivating power
for transforming our lives to the very core.
If we devote ourselves to achieving kosen-rufu,
we can make unlimited personal growth and development,
and immeasurable good fortune and benefit will adorn our lives.

Daisaku Ikeda

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Although I and my disciples may encounter various difficulties, if we do not harbour doubts in our hearts, we will as a matter of course attain Buddhahood."

(The Opening of the Eyes - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Volume 1, page 283) Selection source: "Kyo no Hosshin", Seikyo Shimbun, November 2nd, 2012

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"What creates such wonderful unity is faith in the Mystic Law, the power of chanting Nam-myoho-renge-kyo to which nothing can compare.

"Referring to the power of daimoku, Nichiren Daishonin writes: 'When once we chant Myoho-renge-kyo, with just that single sound we summon forth and manifest the Buddha nature of all . . . living beings. This blessing is immeasurable and boundless' (WND-1, 887). He goes on to explain this through the following metaphor: 'When a caged bird sings, birds who are flying in the sky are thereby summoned and gather around, and when the birds flying in the sky gather around, the bird in the cage strives to get out' (WND-1, 887).

"Our unity, which is based on chanting resonant daimoku and promoting kosen-rufu, has the power to draw out the Buddha nature within ourselves and others and to free the vibrant life-state of joy locked away within. And by touching the lives of one person after another in this way, we can elevate the life condition of all humanity.

"In “Many in Body, One in Mind,” the Daishonin writes: 'Although Nichiren and his followers are few, because they are different in body, but united in mind [i.e., many in body, one in mind], they will definitely accomplish their great mission of widely propagating the Lotus Sutra. Though evils may be numerous, they cannot prevail over a single great truth [or good]' (WND-1, 618).

"Uniting with good friends—this is the eternal formula for victory in our movement. Through the unity of mentor and disciple, and of fellow members, the Soka Gakkai has achieved one triumph after another."

SGI Newsletter No. 8656, To My Young Friends—Leaders of a New Age, [6] Working Together in Harmonious Unity—Part 3 [of 3], translated 26th Oct. 2012

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Let's share our "experiences" in faith
just as they are, candidly honest!
Our "never be defeated attitude" is what helps
enthuse our own lives to have the courage to stand up
and at the same time inspires confidence in our fellow members.

Daisaku Ikeda

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Each of you should summon up the courage of a lion king and never succumb to threats from anyone. The lion king fears no other beast, nor do its cubs."

(On Persecutions Befalling the Sage - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.1, page 997)
Selection source: Kyo no Hosshin, Seikyo Shimbun, June 13th, 2012

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"The pages of the Gosho brim with the fearless courage of the lion king and the irrepressible compassion of the Buddha to help all people attain enlightenment. The Daishonin is personally encouraging us. His writings are filled with encouragement—encouragement to which our lives cannot fail to respond.

"I hope you’ll readily share with others how the Daishonin’s teachings have touched your life and given you courage. It doesn’t matter if you’re an eloquent speaker or not; what matters is your firm resolve to encourage others based on the Daishonin’s words.

"Why has the SGI grown to the extent it has today? Because we have striven to wholeheartedly encourage others based on a profound philosophy of life. Let us all continue to study the Daishonin’s writings and share what we have learned with others."

SGI Newsletter No. 8534, Humanistic Teachings for Victory, (4) The Gosho Is the Eternal Foundation of the SGI, from the 21st March, 2012, issue of the Soka Shimpo, the Soka Gakkai youth division’s fortnightly newspaper, translated 8th June 2012.

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"I, Nichiren, have inscribed my life in sumi ink, so believe in the Gohonzon with your whole heart. The Buddha's will is the Lotus Sutra, but the soul of Nichiren is nothing other than Nam-myoho-renge-kyo."

(Reply to Kyo'o - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.1, page 412) Selection source: "Kyo no Hosshin", Seikyo Shimbun, October 24th, 2012

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Nichiren Daishonin writes: 'The great distances these persons traveled are indicative of their devotion' (WND-2, 1030). Let us always warmly greet and commend those who have travelled long distances out of their noble seeking spirit towards Buddhism, 'showing them the same respect we would a Buddha' (cf. LSOC28, 365)."

SGI Newsletter No. 8652, To My Young Friends—Leaders of a New Age, [6] Working Together in Harmonious Unity—Part 1 [of 3], from 2nd Oct., 2012, issue of the Seikyo Shimbun, translated 19th Oct. 2012

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
A warm, invigorating greeting
opens the doors to people's hearts.
Let's strengthen our bonds of friendship and trust with those around us
by being the ones to initiate pleasant and refreshing interactions.

Daisaku Ikeda

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"We are all living in this troubled world together. How important it is to engage in frank and friendly dialogue with open hearts and minds! All people possess the Buddha nature. The sincere, courageous voices of Bodhisattvas of the Earth who chant Nam-myoho-renge-kyo cannot fail to resonate with the inherent Buddha nature of each individual.

"My mentor, second Soka Gakkai president Josei Toda, said: 'We’re all human beings who each have our share of problems and sufferings. No matter how negatively others may respond, everyone in the depths of their lives is seeking the teaching of Buddhism. Once we’ve spoken to someone about the Mystic Law, we’ve helped them form an eternal connection to it. As a result, they’ll definitely come to change for the better eventually.'"

SGI Newsletter No. 8651, A Network of “Friends in the Orchid Room”, from the November 2012 issue of Daibyakurenge, translated 16th Oct. 2012

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Words echo the thoughts of the mind and find expression through the voice."

(The Unanimous Declaration by the Buddhas of the Three Existences regarding the Classification of the Teachings and Which Are to be Abandoned and Which Upheld - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Volume 2, page 843) Selection source: Kyo no Hosshin, Seikyo Shimbun, October 18th, 2012

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Let's all try to cheer on and offer words of encouragement to
those members who are in the throws of job hunting.
"I'm going to make it, no matter how hard it might be!
I'm definitely going to win!"
It is from daimoku with such a bold and decisive spirit
that everything starts to move in the right direction.

Daisaku Ikeda

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts