• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I third that WOW!!!

Nam myoho renge kyo!!!!!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'v been to a couple Butsudan stores here scegy and i have seen them decorated in all kinds of ways so i asked if there were any limitations on decorating your Butsudan and the answer is allways no, whatever floats your boat is cool. I must say i love the earthy look of raw clearcoated or stained, but im a carpenter scegy and i just love wood. I saw models painted HOT PINK with little appliqes glued on them, so many you would be surprised , i know i was, but kinda nice to know that allthough the Gohonzon MUST remain as is, its lil house can be decorated to your very own pwrsonal touch.

I'm stoked that your asking the questions you wanted to ask strait from the source and getting answers that you seek, very cool bro!

peace

bonz

Morning Gongyo with some double time for the Babbas!

Nam myoho renge kyo!!!!!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Bonzo BoUnCeS back...

FREEDOM for BONZ

"When one objectively acknowledges, accepts, and embraces one's weaknesses; they in fact, no longer continue to be that."(PTD)

Comment

PPS, Thank you Babba for posting the meaning of our beads, i know i really enjoyed that!

Good morning Big T, Hitman, Easy, Babbas, Socal, scegy, Gourgia and all the Chanting growers!!!

Have a day of days!!!!

peace

bonz

Nam myoho renge kyo!!!!!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Last edited by Bonzo; 01-10-2008, 14:12.
      Bonzo BoUnCeS back...

FREEDOM for BONZ

"When one objectively acknowledges, accepts, and embraces one's weaknesses; they in fact, no longer continue to be that."(PTD)

Comment

I just laid down two straight hours for the first time since I got sick before the New Year! Thanks Babbas!

Congrats to scegy. You call him mentor and that means you perceive him as such. To have someone to help you understand is a good thing! That is such a benefit!!! How wonderful!

I bow in obeisance to all!

T
        Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Comment

"The warmth produced through heart-to-heart communication and an earnest desire for friendship are the only means with which to melt the icy walls of antagonism and misunderstanding that have been forged by history."

SGI Newsletter No. 7431, The New Human Revolution--Vol. 20: Chap. 3, Ties of Trust 13, translated Dec. 12th 2007
          Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Comment

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo
            SoCal

Comment

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo
              I noticed that little "chanter smilie" in your post the other day SoCal... very cool !!!
              (Medical Patient In Compliance)

Nam myoho renge kyo !! Mugi wasshin
              your bud
              babba

Peace/ Be here now

Babba's Farm L.L.C.

The political views, or conspiracy theories, of icmag ownership, do not reflect my own views and are sole property of the participants

Comment

Hi Everyone!

I've been meaning to say something about the chanting smilie also, Bubba.

It's so neat to know that people are decorating their butsadans like cell phone covers!

Scegy, I am so very very proud of you. You are a true seeker of knowledge!

Georgialou, Non stop dialogue! It's awesome! Actual proof for us all.

Scegy's great cause is going to spread to us all! YYYYYYEEEEEESSSSSSSS!

What's Happenin' Bonzo! Great to see you!

PTd, 2 straight hours, that make you the man! We are all going to benefit!

Bubba, I'll always chant for you and the Mrs. but I did not know what the specific reason was. You don't have to say if it's personal! Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!

Daimoku being sent everyone's way from me!
                Last edited by Hitman; 01-12-2008, 11:22. Reason: Shout out to Bonzo!

In Search of Earth's finest nuggets.

Comment

"Iron, when heated in the flames and pounded, becomes a fine sword. Worthies and sages are tested by abuse."

(Letter from Sado - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol. 1, page 303) Selection source: SGI President Ikeda's speech, Seikyo Shimbun, December 17th, 2007
                  Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Comment

"No one is more admirable than our members who are striving tirelessly for the sake of the Law and the happiness of others. We must treasure above all those who are fighting the hardest. That is the key to everyone bringing forth countless times their present strength. This was Mr. Toda's 'secret' to victory. Those who always earnestly devote themselves to supporting and caring for the members invariably achieve tremendous personal growth, while those who shun such efforts suffer stagnation and defeat. As leaders of great mission, please strive to become people whose dignity, warmth, and character are admired and respected by others."

SGI Newsletter No. 7434, 13TH SOKA GAKKAI HEADQUARTERS LEADERS MEETING--PART 1 [OF 2], Growing Happier with Each Passing Year, translated Dec. 17th, 2007
                    Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Comment

"It must be ties of karma from the distant past that have destined you to become my disciple at a time like this. Shakyamuni and Many Treasures certainly realised this truth. The sutra's statement, 'Those persons who had heard the Law dwelled here and there in various Buddha lands, constantly reborn in company with their teachers,' cannot be false in any way."

(The Heritage of the Ultimate Law of Life - The Writings of Nichiren
                      Daishonin, Vol. 1, page 217) Selection source: "Kyo no Hosshin", Seikyo Shimbun, December 19th, 2007
                      Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Comment

"Quick responsiveness is the essence of diplomacy."

SGI Newsletter No. 7435, The New Human Revolution--Vol. 20: Chap. 3, Ties of Trust 17, translated Dec. 19th 2007
                        Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Comment

There should be no discrimination among those who propagate the five
                          characters of Myoho-renge-kyo in the Latter Day of the Law, be they men
                          or women. Were they not bodhisattva s of the Earth, they could not cant
                          the daimoku.

(WND, 385)
                          The True Aspect of All Phenomena
                          Written to Sairen-bo Nichijo on May 17, 1273
                          SoCal

Comment

"Buddhism is reason. It is vital, therefore, that our lives and our
                            activities in society also accord with reason. Please manifest the
                            principle of "faith equals daily life," so that you will be trusted,
                            respected and emulated by others. Bringing fragrant flowers of trust
                            and humanism to bloom throughout society is one of the goals of
                            Buddhism. To do things that others find strange and unnatural, that
                            runs counter to common sense -- such actions go against the basic
                            tenets of Buddhism and amount to slander of the Law."

Daisaku Ikeda
                            SoCal

Comment

Greetings all! I had written a post last night; which I quite rather enjoyed and ZAP! power went out again for a brief moment and alas all was lost! Such is the way of life and we dust ourselves off and start all over again....or in buddhism from this moment on!
                              LOVE the chanting smilies SoCal; so awesome! And as always thank you for posting such great quotes you and Thomas are really ontop of it and much appreciated!
                              Scegy; and yes girl here; wait let me check...yup lol I humbly bow to your seeking mind and the continuous dialogue and sharing of your quest! Your drive is inspiring! I must say that it is also here that the woman are the majority; although men play the prominent key roles as in most religions, organizations, society in general; see we are (SGI) a reflection of our society/world but don't underestimate where the driving force and who laid the foundation especially for sgiusa and that is the japanese pioneer women who married gi's or other american men who were in japan during the wartime and they came over here with nothing but their buddhist practice; most didn't know the language, in a foreign land and culture and was encouraged to go out and do shakubuku; talk about faith and guts! Can you imagine what it took for those women?! Their life condition now is indestructable! Amazing; I love love love and have the utmost respect and gratitude forthe 'pioneer' japanese women; being around one or many is like being around the great mother; they are so wise and their life condition is high; they are beautiful; I consider myself fortunate to have grown up around them; they truly have touched my life in such a way that is deeply engraved into my life and my faith...it is so profound!
                              I cannot emphasis enough that those who live in areas where there are community centers; dive in! Especially as youth division; believe me sitting here on the 'other' side now; I am so glad I didn't know any better quite frankly; and not that I wasn't getting benefits then but I see now as I am entering my forties that the foundation I layed as a youth division is now is much more than a foundation it is a cord to the core of the earth wrapped around several times and is firm in its roots with Nam Myoho Renge Kyo as its nutrients. Not that I haven't had my moments of doubts and trust; I have been practicing for 29 years and what kind of human would I be without going through that but I emphasize moments; has it guaranteed me no problems in this life no; I sit here with a son who is Type One(insulin dependent) diabetic; has been since he was three and is now ten; I am separating and divorcing my husband of twenty years as I write this and let alone every normal day things that a come up. But because of all my causes especially as a youth 'division' and continue to; the most amazing benefits are coming out of this and not only on the physical level but on a much deeper karmic level. Not that it isn't painful but things are being handled on such a humanistic level that it is truly attest the daimoku that has been happening and not only that but being very proactive; so important to remember that this buddhism is about action and combining that with daimoku makes a very powerful tool; so powerful that it takes you to that you really get the big picture of it all; soo deep and profound.
                              "The warmth produced through heart-to-heart communication and an earnest desire for friendship are the only means with which to melt the icy walls of antagonism and misunderstanding that have been forged by history."
                              Absolutely!

Thomas maybe I can email you privately to get you in touch with D(his email; he has been saying he would like to get in touch with you) ( I also told him to get on this site) so you two can hook up and he has another avenue of support especially in the faith department-zenshishiki y'know?
                              This hits for you Hitman keep rollin with the flow; Bonz and Myoho always so encouraged by your posts! Have a great weekend to all the chanting growers and of course the BABBAS are first and foremost in my prayers right now and always chanting in appreciation for you all and all that you contribute to this!
                              I bow in obediance to you all
                              Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

GeorgialouWho

Comment

sorry guys and girls, it's just nice to just read you from time to time

much love to you all, from me
                                Growing every day of our lives
                                ~Nam-Myoho~Renge~Kyo~

Comment

Working...
                                X