What's new

Chanting Growers Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
If I remain silent, I may escape persecutions in this lifetime, but in my next life I will most certainly fall into the hell of incessant suffering. If I speak out, I am fully aware that I will have to contend with the three obstacles and four devils. But of these two courses, surely the latter is the one to choose.

The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, page 239
The Opening of the Eyes
Written to Shijo Kingo in February 1272

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
Buddhism teaches that one characteristic of a bodhisattva is being able to perceive the world’s sounds. The insight needed to correctly discern and grasp developments in society and the times-even to anticipate them before they happen-is indispensable.

Wisdom for Modern Life by Daisaku Ikeda
Sunday, February 1, 2009 (Buddhism Day by Day)

E

EasyMyohoDisco

Best KRG yet yesterday! I'm thrilled that I can actually encourage people to go past their circumstances and start conquering their fundamental darkness. Revealing my Buddhahood occurs best when I'm supporting others and chanting daimoku. I'm almost done with my first 20,000 daimoku, I know I need to chant alot more but I'm getting there! Almost .2% done with my goal for saying Nam-myoho-renge-kyo! One Million Times! Fifteen to thirty minutes at a time is the pace right now but I want to get back to chanting for hours at a time again. When I chanted more in the past it was because I had huge problems and I made the time to chant, now I just need to make the time with or without problems!

Let's keep challenging ourselves to use this Gohonzon to become HAPPY EVERYDAY! I'm serious, Get in Front of your Gohonzon and chant for Happiness!

This Friday I'm hosting an introduction meeting for thirty minutes and I invited a bunch of musicians to come over so that we could do a drum circle! I love music and don't really sing or play instruments anymore but I'll get a taborine and bongo and spread this amazing practice to guests at the same time!

The world is yours!
Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

E

EasyMyohoDisco

"Here I will make a great vow. Though I might be offered the rulership of Japan if I would only abandon the Lotus Sutra, accept the teachings of the Meditation Sutra, and look forward to rebirth in the Pure Land, though I might be told that my father and mother will have their heads cut off if I do not recite the Nembutsu ? whatever obstacles I might encounter, so long as persons of wisdom do not prove my teachings to be false, I will never yield! All other troubles are no more to me than dust before the wind."

The Opening of the Eyes
(The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, page 280)

E

EasyMyohoDisco

Blue Oyster Cult Comedy Skit from Saturday Night Live

Blue Oyster Cult Comedy Skit from Saturday Night Live

Enjoy a good wholesome laugh: http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1017105/will_ferrell_cowbell/

"I gotta have more cowbell baby!"

Bruce Dickenson (played by Christopher Walken) says:
"I got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell!" :joint:

Last edited:
E

EasyMyohoDisco

"Great events never have minor omens. When great evil occurs, great good follows. Since great slander already exists in our land, the great correct Law will spread without fail. What could any of you have to lament? Even if you are not the Venerable Mahakashyapa, you should all perform a dance. Even if you are not Shariputra, you should leap up and dance. When Bodhisattva Superior Practices emerged from the earth, did he not emerge dancing?"

Great Evil and Great Good
(The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, page 1119)

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

E

EasyMyohoDisco

If you are not a member of this thread, please read as much as possible then keep reading more and more! Therein you will find:

How to Overcome Suffering...
How to Start this Practice...
How to Keep it Going for the Rest of your Life!
How to make it work better for you and for others!
Tips on How to do your part more effectively for World Peace and Your Individual Happiness at the same time!
How to Never Give Up!
How To Overcome any Obstacle!
How to Turn Poison into Medicine!
How to develop your faith further!
How to Appreciate Life and everything else in your environment more!
How to Reveal your Buddhahood!

Here is the main answer for the above:

Just Chant Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

:yeahthats

E

EasyMyohoDisco

"The Buddha taught that the blessings of a single offering to the votary of this sutra are a hundred, thousand, ten thousand, million times greater than those of offering countless treasures to Shakyamuni for eighty million kalpas. When one encounters this sutra, one will overflow with happiness and shed tears of joy. It seems impossible to repay one's debt to Shakyamuni. But by your frequent offerings to me deep in these mountains you will repay the merciful kindness of both the Lotus Sutra and Shakyamuni Buddha."

Letter to Niike
(The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, page 1027)

E

EasyMyohoDisco

Rely Upon The Law Before The People!

Rely Upon The Law Before The People!

"Therefore, I say to you, my disciples, try practicing as the Lotus Sutra teaches, exerting yourselves without begrudging your lives! Test the truth of Buddhism now!"

The Selection of the Time
(The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, page 583)

E

EasyMyohoDisco

This Buddhism cannot be practiced alone! If you think you are practicing this Buddhism, please try your best to chant more daimoku (saying "Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!"). It is that simple!

Following some rules in life will help you get by but if you can keep it simple and stick to the essential then I can assure you it will be easier to avoid failure or major setbacks. Of course, problems and struggles will continue to arise in your life, but if you maintain your chanting focused and strong everyday, soon you will see the results.

I am seeing many amazingly rewarding benefits! The best one for today is self-reliance and the intrepid spirit I'm sharing in this message. Trying my best to maintain consistency in everything is incredibly important!

In President Ikeda's last video he shared that youth should avoid vices and getting involved in follies. I sorta have to define these words because they were translated from Japanese to English and I don't really use them:

Folly:
Pronunciation:
\ˈfä-lē\
Function:
noun
Inflected Form(s):
plural follies
Etymology:
Middle English folie, from Anglo-French, from fol fool
Date:
13th century

1: lack of good sense or normal prudence and foresight a: criminally or tragically foolish actions or conduct bobsolete : evil , wickedness ; especially : lewd behavior: a foolish act or idea: an excessively costly or unprofitable undertaking:

and Vices:
Pronunciation:
\ˈvīs\
Function:
noun
Etymology:
Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Latin vitium fault, vice
Date:
14th century

1 a: moral depravity or corruption : wickedness b: a moral fault or failing c: a habitual and usually trivial defect or shortcoming : foible <suffered from the vice of curiosity>2: blemish , defect3: a physical imperfection, deformity, or taint4 aoften capitalized : a character representing one of the vices in an English morality play b: buffoon , jester5: an abnormal behavior pattern in a domestic animal detrimental to its health or usefulness6: sexual immorality ; especially : prostitution

I don't think weed or anything pot related falls under these two categories but we should remember to use pot responsibly and maintain good health. Good Health will go a long way for you to maximize your opportunities to do kosen-rufu, I feel very strongly about this. Let's continue to chant for each other, our good health, and success in our personal ambitions and goals!

With that said, Intro Meeting at my house tonight and you're all invited!
:yeahthats

E

EasyMyohoDisco

"I am much distressed to hear that your illness has become so serious. Swords exist to cut down enemies, however, and medicine exists to cure sickness. King Ajatashatru murdered his father and made himself an enemy of the Buddha. But after foul sores broke out on his body, he converted to the Buddha's teachings and embraced the Lotus Sutra, whereupon his sores healed and he prolonged his life by forty years."

Reply to the Lay Priest Takahashi
(The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, page 610)

E

EasyMyohoDisco

"Not even the wisdom of the Buddha can fathom the blessings that one will obtain by giving alms to Nichiren and by becoming his disciple and lay supporter."

The True Aspect of All Phenomena
(The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, page 384)

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nam myoho renge kyo

Nam myoho renge kyo

Nichiren Daishonin, in revealing his great vow to save all human beings through spreading the teachings of the Lotus Sutra, modeled the way to attaining Buddhahood in this lifetime. In making this same great vow, one can uncover the strength and commitment to overcome weaknesses, challenge any and all difficulties, and joyfully take on the sufferings of others. -LB. pg. 85.

scegy

Myoho my friend i'm having daimoku for you and i hope you'll get soon out of the unemployment ditch!
PTD i feel like u'r putting us on a test with ur absence and i hope it's something like that, all best to you!

go for your goals and chant for them and never forget that the Gohonzon is nowhere else then within you
Nam-Myoho-Renge-Kyo!​

p.s.

sharp pain, join the game, fill the empty spot and welcome!

E

EasyMyohoDisco

Whats up My Friends,

Hey Scegy, since I've been unemployed for two weeks now I've had abundant time to volunteer at our new local SGI Community Center on Sundays. It has been so great that my health, frame of mind, and life is feeling vibrant and much better. With this episode of unemployment I'm going through I really feel that I will be able to revolutionize my life and do more Human Revolution. Human Revolution are the changes we make in our lives for the better when we start this practice of Nichiren Daishonin's Buddhism. You know Scegy, it is good to read your words because you are my counterpart to the east and really proving to many people (including myself) the power of this practice!

It really takes an honest sincere heart to welcome this Buddhism into your world. I know that everyone I have met who has chanted Nam-myoho-renge-kyo! is just another Ordinary Person on the outside to everyone but on the inside is very similar to me. What I mean is that I know when I chant I can feel and realize my potential as a Buddha or as Thomas has called us "Thus Come Ones of Original Enlightenment", So I'm doing it (chanting) more and more. I've been regularly doing between fifteen minutes and an hour of daimoku everyday!

The next job I get will be better than all my previous jobs and at the same time I will finish my first degree this May! Yes my friends I'm a Paralegal now! Then in December of 2010 I plan to share with all of you that I'm also an Economist as I begin my journey to become an attorney for kosen-rufu! Protecting The Law is not only an outside endeavor but is also something we must struggle with internally. Fundamental Darkness or the shyness or the things that hold us back from calling members or chanting more or encouraging others (including ourselves) are the things that Thomas has directed us to conquer and fight.

This thread is not about the fat buddha statue that sits on his ass or the the sleepy beautiful Buddhas from Asia that lay down and rest their head on their hand, This Thread is about the Buddha's that Grow, Toke, Have Grown or Toked and are seemingly on the outside ORDINARY PEOPLE! We still bleed red like everyone else, are tears are still salty like everyone else, are hearts can feel broken from time to time, but our faith is absolute and we challenge ourselves each day to become happy starting with our chanting and gongyo.

I never thought I would find happiness when Babba was encouraging me to try chanting and offered to send me a gongyo book, my friends I'm one of the happiest people I know! I'm changing the sour apples that I had before me into treasures of the heart and proceeding down the path of sustaining my faith (Buddhahood) for the rest of this life!

Wow, I'm really really grateful to be sharing this with each of you! Thank you so much!

Love,
MyohoDisco (your Buddy!)

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nam myoho renge kyo

Nam myoho renge kyo

Thanks Easy :) Thanks for the protection you bring from your chants and thanks for always being here for all of us that frequent this thread!
Nam myoho renge kyo

E

EasyMyohoDisco

Babba, You know my struggles and my goals and dreams. Together we will win! We've learned never to be defeated and how to maintain our faith during the coldest winters. :) You're my brother and teacher BUD! How cool is that? Pretty cool! Love you very much!

Sleepy, brothers from the infinite past is what we are! That's why we chant!:woohoo:Nichiren Daishonin said even to say Nam-myoho-renge-kyo! once a day, a week, once a month, once a year, once a life means that you've accumulated some pretty awesome karma to make it happen! Congrats are in order!

Desi are you chanting at home brother? Hitman how are you, moms and your thangthangs rolling! Bonzo we need parts two and three when you have a chance! Socal keep up the good work, let's keep our vow published here as long as we have bandwidth! Tom, :) MUGI WASSHIN!

Desiderata

Bodhisattva of the Earth
Veteran
You bet I am!........... I've been chanting my tongue off lately. We all are surrounded by challenges in this present Time. Everyday is a brand new beginning for me. I'm so grateful for what chanting does for me. It pulls my whole being into everything that exists. My spirit can spread like a wildfire, and be as humble as a mouse. I see you everywhere my friend..........spirit stalking...LOL

Love You, Desi!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts