What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Decarb/thc capsule question?

Hey everyone, I am looking to make thc capsules out of rosin and have a few questions.(not sure if belongs in this part of the forum or not but is worth a shot) is my first time so help is very appreciated as I’m not sure the best way....

1. I’m making bubble hash then pressing into rosin to make thc caps. When is the best time to decarb? When is rosin or before?

2.I’m trying to make the strongest caps possible, but I would think the law of diminishing returns has to factor in at some point with coco oil to rosin ratio. What is that point if anyone has any idea?

Thank you anyone for taking their time out of their days to respond. First hand knowledge is appreciated.

ozzieAI

Veteran
you will want to decard the rosin.

using coconut/mct oil mixed with lecithin will help the body to process the caps and make the thc more bio-available.

i heat the oil/lecithin to about 125 C using a heat proof container sitting in an vegetable oil bath and then add the rosin, it will bubble away quite quickly and when bubbles stop the decard is complete.

i use 0 size caps and make 100 at a time. each caps holds 0.7 ml so i make 70ml of mixture. 1 gram of rosin = about 1ml in volume.

depending on your rosin strength depends on how much rosin you will need eg. if your rosin is 70%, then 1 gram equals 700mg of thc. if you want 100, 50mg caps then you will need 5000mg of thc or roughly 7gr of rosin. i use oil:lecithin ratio of 1:1. so there is 7 ml of rosin you will need 32ml oil and 32ml lecithin...

good luck