Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

trifolate polyploid or mutant?

eh guys,

never seen this before my sense it is just a mutation.

1 node it tossed out trifolate and lower aux branches split in half forming 2 new meristems. kinda how if u topped however it is not topped and can see how it comes together seamless stem like a snakes tongue. dummy i am i went and topped everything not thinking i wanted to see how it would evolve.

toss out the odd extra small leaf aswell.

interesting mutation would be cool to have a bush like plant more or less auto fiming.

pics
    https://www.phytogenesis.org

Comment

That would have been cool to see grown out, too bad it got tossed ! Mutations are interesting indeed. I've got a seedling going now that is 6 nodes tall, about 10"in height. It is still putting out symmetrical branching, but instead of two opposing branches at each node, there are three perfectly spaced, like a triangle, around the main stem at every node ! Waiting to see what it does as it matures to asymmetrical spacing. I've got 23 of this ones brothers/sisters that all look normal.

Comment

3 s are quite common, I ran a few threads on them when I was breeding for them, I took my old gallery down though under orders from the old admin.
        Plenty of info in here
        https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=53476
        I've lost others, maybe uploaded new photos with the same number after replacing an old camera.

4s and 5s are less common.

When as men, our only guide to right and wrong is the ability or inability to act, we cannot truly call ourselves men.

Copyrights on all photographic work are reserved

Comment

its random however. and do these true trifolates put out snake tongue stems? ie split in half. why i am leaning towards just a mutant. ill post some pics soon.

stem grows normal 3 for nodes then just splits not damaged or topped. the stem appears fatter and then halves. if could breed for it would be pretty nice extra bushy plants with no pruning.

Comment

this is a natural triploid
            "Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there. When the soul lies down in that grass the world is too full to talk about." - Rumi

Comment

How do you know ?
              When as men, our only guide to right and wrong is the ability or inability to act, we cannot truly call ourselves men.

Comment

Originally posted by GMT View Post
                How do you know ?

Because I've been breeding northern vietnamese specimens for over a decade, I have both polyploids and triploids. if you want to learn more about polyplodism check out Billy Budd, granted he just passed away this year his work is pretty on point.

Triploids are a bit more uniform, polyploids usually have a bit more deformity.
                "Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there. When the soul lies down in that grass the world is too full to talk about." - Rumi

Comment

I know about it, I'm just wondering how you are identifying a specific plant as being diploid, triploid or tetraploid without a lab.
                  Clearly its something that many have speculated on in my line but I dismiss it in mine.

Comment

Originally posted by GMT View Post
                    I know about it, I'm just wondering how you are identifying a specific plant as being diploid, triploid or tetraploid without a lab.
                    Clearly its something that many have speculated on in my line but I dismiss it in mine.

Its not as difficult as you think, there are charts out there (google) that show differences in chromesomes. I never said I didnt have a lab

Comment

Ah , yeah my mistake, I just assume most don't have labs. I know I don't. So you stain the chromos and check with a scope, cool. I tried checking for sizes and numbers of breathing holes in the leaves, but that's no good. I'd love access to someone else's lab never mind my own.

Comment

Here is one just after the self topping.

Strain is Babu from CSI Humboldt.

This is her after some veg time

In flower

sigpic
                        Quality Over Quantity
                        Keep it clean, keep it green!
                        Wishlist: Urkle, Runtz, Mac1
                        If there's ever anything I can help with, feel free to pm me!

Comment

^

now that is a true trifolate

Comment

Working...
                          X