What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

biggest outdoor autoflower grow!!! auto-BiggySmalls

Due to the short growing season we have here in the heart of British Columbia we have had little success in previous seasons with strains not finishing. On top of that we have to deal with the same dificulties many of you experience like deer, bears, mice, cattle, theives and of course the police. We wanted a strain that not only finished in the harsh northern conditions but was done before the choppers are out looking. with success growing early wonder skunk from solar warrior in the past with amazing results we decided to cross it with the Auto-ak47 from lowlife. we found a male EWS the showed its sex within 3 weeks and was producing pollen just after 4 that we used to pollinate the Auto-Ak47 females and used two Auto ak-47 males to pollinate all our EWS females. We fully seeded out all 9 females we got from the two packs of seeds and got just over 3000 beans.

Attachments

• biggy smalls bud 004.jpg
    biggy smalls bud 004.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 72
  • biggy smalls bud 001.jpg
    biggy smalls bud 001.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 65
  • biggy smalls bud 005.jpg
    biggy smalls bud 005.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 66
  • biggy smalls bud 006.jpg
    biggy smalls bud 006.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 72
:joint:

Attachments

• biggy smalls bud 006.jpg
    biggy smalls bud 006.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 72
  • biggy smalls bud 022.jpg
    biggy smalls bud 022.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 71
  • biggy smalls bud 012.jpg
    biggy smalls bud 012.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 74
  • biggy smalls bud 032.jpg
    biggy smalls bud 032.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 70
In april we planted some seeds early in a makeshift cold frame to see how they would germinate early in the season ( to note there was snow on the ground in patches around us at time of planting).

Attachments

• biggy smalls bud 028.jpg
    biggy smalls bud 028.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 71
  • biggy smalls bud 029.jpg
    biggy smalls bud 029.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 65
  • biggy smalls bud 030.jpg
    biggy smalls bud 030.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 62
  • biggy smalls bud 031.jpg
    biggy smalls bud 031.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 60
At the begining of may we began planting all our beans and its now the start of june and were still planting but almost done :woohoo:
heres some randome pics of seedlings started indoors/outdoors some in bags and buckets and some in the ground.

Attachments

• biggy smalls bud 035.jpg
    biggy smalls bud 035.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 71
  • biggy smalls bud 037.jpg
    biggy smalls bud 037.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 71
  • biggy smalls bud 041.jpg
    biggy smalls bud 041.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 74
  • biggy smalls bud 043.jpg
    biggy smalls bud 043.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 77
Ill post more pics of EVERYTHING shortly including details on what all were using.. besides the fact its all 100% organic so you can geuss im sure. all questions are welcome : )

stAx

only question i have is....can you post more pix of babes n budz? R0ckin!

post #2..last pic ;)..nice!

i got this autoflower male i found too that is dropping some nut as we speak, gonna tag this one..keep em rollin!

Bob_J

awesome thread BSB!!!. i too live in a climate very similar to yours, and was planning on a seed run of LL's auto-ak using CS for female seeds. theres not alot of info on starting them in the ground outside. yours look stocky :)

how was your success % rate for in the ground?

how many plants per square foot approx? i was thinking of doing 1 psf with something like a auto-ak that grows a big bigger or maybe 4 psf with something like an auto-kush which stays smaller or something that grows a bit taller with a main cola...auto diesel.

they look very uniform and healthy.

how big are those bags? growbags or garbage bags?

what kind of mix for the bags? did you need to add any lime to it? i used lime once years ago and it really screwed up the grow so ive steered clear of it. although i know i either added to much or didnt let it sit long enough.

and finally what are you using for ferts?

nice work

-Bob j.

Last edited:

93|93

biggie biggie biggie - you can see
this is a thread to hypnotize me :D

great show! I'll be watching this one. good luck mate!

To Bob J, We actually just planted the first 300 directly into the ground this past sunday and are doing more tonight and throughout the week. so were expecting to see some popping by the end of the week. for starting seedlings outdoors we found that weve had about a 80-90% success rate if not better.we planted about 6-10 seeds in each square foot. we dont know how there going to do in these beds so were just trying a SOG.. the bin we put alot in is doing very well so we may do more of those : ) they are 5 gallon grow bags we also have 2 and 1 gallon buckets and some other randoms, we got 4-6 plants in all the back hoping to get at least two females.. some we transplanted 2 weeks ago and started indoors almost 6 weeks ago are over a foot and a half growing over an inch a day! get the deisel for sure ive heard good things.

So one spot we have we hiked in a full truck load of city compost in garbage bags and mixed it in the ground with peat moss miracle grow organic grow fert and blood meal and have been watering with a compost tea we make ourselfs, i can post some pics of that two. basically everything so far is completely organic were are starting a spot tonight with advanced nuts fall blend time release i believe.. so that will be interesting to see the difference in smoke between all organic to not organic. we brought out a ph tester and discovered our water is at 6.5-7 and soil is 7-7.5 so we did not add any lime its different for all grow areas but i suggest you do the same.. we took into consideration that the peat moss will bring down the ph as well. im goin to throw some more pics up and do some work.. stat tuned

Bob_J

BSB, about how big is the bed?
how deep is it?

about AN heavy harvest i have read that it is very good stuff but it should be applied properly. a guy on here has used it for years and said 1/3 cup per hole...but i think AN says 1 cup per hole...and how big are these holes...everybodys different...hmmm did you apply yours yet? i think for fall blend you just top dress. ive always heard good things about it.

Bob_J

also if possible what is your approx elevation? dont have to be specific but is this more of in the valley or higher up in the hills where the temps can really drop and finishing is a concern. someone told me it'll bring on the first frost a few weeks earlier.

in BC i found the earth to be mainly gravel compared to the clay soil of the prairies. alot of rocky ground in BC. i found a "pelican pick" that i think is used by miners/prospectors and the as seen on TV "garden claw" to be a great help. just thought id mention :) .ive broken many shovels lol.
:canabis: .

sweet! around 3000ft, we have found some great soil weve really stretched all the peat we brought out. weve been working at night alot to avoid you know what and at 2 am we pulled over and were rolling a doobie and coming home a police car passes us on a dirt road an hour away from town : 0

Thanks! im putting a bunch of new pics on my profile album everyone take a look at 4 days difference in some and there some early flowering ones :)

Bob_J

where did you aquire the early wonder skunk from? i remember emery used to sell solar warrior. seen you gallery looks like a nice plant. crossed with auto ak should be nice

we ordered the EWS from the vancouver seed bank and got the Auto ak-47 from dope-seeds.com there looking really good so far some 5 weeks old and two and a half feet or so and getting ready to flower

Bob_J

you should be harvesting in mid aug then right? i think thats the best time of the season considering the temp, rainfall and intense sunlight. less chance for mold.

also did you find you had a hard time getting the seeds to germinate compared to non-autos? the breeders packs and your own? i have personally and some ppl on here have as well.

did you use the paper towel method for the indoor starts? do you soak your seeds beforehand?

Latest posts

Latest posts