What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

new! BOMBAYCATS afterthought autos test run

BOMBAYCAT

Veteran
I ended up with 2 Cord Verde males which I saved. One is tri-folar with 3 branches at each node. The other is very vigorous and bushy. I am going to save pollen for whatever. Anyway I had 4 pots sitting around filled with soil-less so I stirred in a couple spoons of EWC and planted 4 Northern Lights (untested) generously gifted by aridbud. The seeds are very vigorous as they are starting to show through the dirt after 3 days.

I will update this with pictures in about a week when the plants grow more. hopefully I have things spaced out enough so I don't get unwanted seeds as I don't have a separate pollinating room.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Great new beginning. Cool BOMBAY! Look forward to your progress.

As for separate pollinating room, you can move the males into a sunny area, away from the females. Grow partner puts males in the bathroom during the winter w/ smaller runs, atop the sink counter with window light beaming on them part of the day.

Enjoy the grow! Let us know!

BOMBAYCAT

Veteran
1 - Week update for afterthought autos (untested)

1 - Week update for afterthought autos (untested)

These are a couple plants I got after 1 week. The seeds are vigorous as 4 of 4 came up within 3 days. They are all uniform and the same size with no weak ones or runts. I can't wait till they get larger and see if they have any good smells. Right now they are busy growing some roots and vegging some. At this stage they maybe are a little slower then Photos or maybe I am just impatient. LOL

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
These are a couple plants I got after 1 week. The seeds are vigorous as 4 of 4 came up within 3 days. They are all uniform and the same size with no weak ones or runts. I can't wait till they get larger and see if they have any good smells. Right now they are busy growing some roots and vegging some. At this stage they maybe are a little slower then Photos or maybe I am just impatient. LOL

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=85496&pictureid=2116801&thumb=1]View Image[/url]
Great start BOMBAY! Yes, auto seedlings are similar to watching paint dry.
If medium has nutrients, just water minimally and spread water away from central seedling so roots can develop. Water but don't saturate.

BOMBAYCAT

Veteran
3-WK on afterthought autos Northern Lights (untested)

3-WK on afterthought autos Northern Lights (untested)

There seem to be 2 different Phenos but all are the same height. Three of the plants seem a bit bushier and leafier. The remaining plant is more sparse and not as leafy. I could determine Pre-flowers for 2 of the bushy Phenos. One was male and one was female. The other 2 haven't shown Pre-flowers yet but are close. As soon as those 2 show I will give the females a light feeding and cull the males.

BOMBAYCAT

Veteran
When I checked presex this morning that bushy Pheno showed pistils under the big magnifying glass. Right now I am at the 50% average with 2 females from 4 seeds. I hope the sparser Pheno is also female.

BOMBAYCAT

Veteran
Northern Lights (untested) 4-WK update

Northern Lights (untested) 4-WK update

The lanky Pheno finally showed its presex. Its a boy! The male is on the Left. That is the female on the Right. I am debating seeding because the male looks so healthy. It was at least a week behind showing presex though. I am at 50% of females out of 4 seeds. I did stem rub the bushy type females. One is a rank weedy smell, and the one shown has a woody earthy smell that is not so strong. The good smelling one is shown on the right and is busy developing little buds.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
I am interested to see how these NL come out. The thing I like about AfterThought is they produce potency. Which I don't seem to find in most autos.

I plan to put down some AT autos guerilla style this spring right out of the gate. I hope the NL is available?

Good luck with your grow Bombay!

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^^^Yup. Got em!!

Sure thing, BOMBAY....gather the pollen for NL or another. You're going to make some fine BOMBAY hybrids!! Congratds!

That's why we love growing regular seed as customers can 'customize' their own meds. Grow em great, BOMBAY!

BOMBAYCAT

Veteran
I have really neglected these since I am gearing up for the outdoor season. I have been busily making clones of my Photo mothers. I am going to use 1/2 the garden on Photos and half on Autos. Anyway it is time for the 6 wk update on these NL Autos from afterthought. I got 2 of 4 females with two distinct Phenos. The tall one must have a little more Sativa in it as the upper leaves are skinnier. The little one has a burned rubber stem rub while the tall one is more green and weedy. The light is the same and all other growing conditions are exactly the same. I did give the big one a little food today. I am going to practice my LST on the tall one.

Attachments

• photo2026005.jpg
    photo2026005.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 76

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice NL tower! LST best done when young, 3-5 nodes.
You can bend gently your NL plant. Big upswing since the pics prior!!. Nice job, BOMBAY!

BOMBAYCAT

Veteran
7 WK update on Northern Lights (untested) by afterthought autos
I am doing a little stem bending to keep all the canopies at the same level for the light. I am also germing some F2 photos so I had to build a shelf to raise them to the light. I noticed the buds at the bend of the tall Pheno are putting on weight. These are a little closer to finish but the trics are not amber yet.

Attachments

• photo2031711.jpg
    photo2031711.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 78
  • 7WK 001.JPG
    7WK 001.JPG
    140 KB · Views: 84

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
They're maturing, for sure. About 2/3's through their life.

To me it looks like nutrient lock out. Have you checked pH? Loupe/mag glass to view trichs? Feeding schedule?

https://cultivatecolorado.com/blogs/...ivate-colorado

What do others recommend seeing BOMBAY still has ~4+- weeks to mature? Suggestions welcome.

Cessation does happen, as you know, from autos.