What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Please help with seed run for mdanzig Blue Streak (Autoflower)

I just germinated 17 of 20 Blue Streak seeds from Mdanzig seeds. I am looking to do a seed run so I don't have to keep buying seeds as autoflowers can't be cloned.

A number of them will turn out to be male. Since they are autoflowering can I just leave my favorite male in the room with the females and let the male open pollinate the whole room. I am just looking to make as many seeds as possible and not worried about seedy pot on this run.

Will this result in the seeds being autoflowering as well?

*note* I did do a search but alot it was over my head with f1 this and f2 that. Also people talked about stressing the plant or using cs. I am lucky to keep any plant alive at this point and looking for a simple basic way to end up with as many autoflowering seeds as I can get. Any idea of how many seeds to expect off of say 10 females would be helpful too.

Thanks for any help or suggestions!

Last edited by a moderator:
just do an open pollonation leave all your males in there even the smallest plant could carry ten seeds maybe more so ten females will give you hundreds hard to say really

Yes the resulting offspring would be autoflowering as well. Yes you can leave your favorite male in the room with the females and let it openly pollenate the entire room. That will give you tons of seeds, probably more than you'll ever need. I just did a seed run and selectively pollenated with a brush a few sites, and ended up with around 150 seeds per plant.

Good luck make sure to take pics! Pz

*mr.mike*

Since you are trying to make seeds to keep you going, I would use several males to openly pollinate with. I think the diversity would be a good thing.

Of course, it times like this when you need them that males decide to just not show up.