What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Snow Fruit ® | Mohan Ram ® | Cream Caramel ® | S.A.D. ® ★ Test Grow ★

Tommy G

:|Sweet Seeds®|:
Vendor
Veteran
:|Snow Fruit, Mohan Ram, Cream Caramel and Sweet Afgani|:
_________________________________________|:.The Seeds.:|
picture.php

Hi everyone!

Here starts another test grow for Sweet Seeds, today we start with the seeds, hope you enjoy it ;)

:|Varieties|:

• 1 Mohan Ram
  • 3 Snow Fruit
  • 2 Sweet Afgani Delicious
  • 1 Cream Caramel clone

In the end I will only flower 4 of those 7 plants, one of each strain.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

:|Grow Details|:

• Closet: Homebox XS (60cm x 60cm x 120cm / 2ft x 2ft x 4ft)
  • Ventilacion: Extractor RVK 100 A1 (160m3/h) and 2 Sunon (one blowing air against the lamp and the other against the plants)
  • Light: HPS250w for growing and flowering
  • Containers: 4 containers of 17 litres each that will be filled by half
  • Soil: For vegetative Composana Universal and for flowering Canna Professional Plus
  • Ferts: GuanoKalong Liquid Guano, AlgaBloom Plagron, PK 13/14 Canna and Molasses
  • Against plagues: Neem as preventive and Rotenona to fight them, if needed

picture.php

picture.php

Well, the grow is presented, soon I'll share a few pics of the seeds sprouting.

Stay cool and keep it high! :wave:

|tommy_g|

Last edited:

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
__________________________|:.Sprouting Seeds.:|

Hi again! :tiphat:

Some pics of the seeds getting ready to sprout ;)

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Sweet smokes :wave:

|tommy_g|

Last edited:

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
____________.|:..Germination Results..:|
______..
picture.php

Hi friends!

All sprouted, here's a report:

• Snow Fruit '1 > 24h
  • Snow Fruit '2 > 30h
  • Snow Fruit '3 > 27h
  • Mohan Ram > 27h
  • Sweet Afgani Delicious '1 > 28h
  • Sweet Afgani Delicious '2 > 48h

Some pics...

picture.php

picture.php

All very fast, between 24h and 48h, but I was thinking that one of the SADs wouldn't germinate, as it was old (I had it since 2007) and I don't keep them refrigerated. Hope you enjoy the pics... :)

picture.php

picture.php

Warning: don't do this!

*seed are extremely foto sensible and it is very dangerous for them to be in direct contact with non sterilized surfaces. I did this just for fun and if in the next days the plants/seeds show any sign of problems it would be the one to blame...

picture.php

_________________________________JUST DO IT.

When they get out of the soil I'll share another update ;)

Sweet smokes!

|tommy_g|

Last edited:

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
_______________________.|:..Growing..:|:..Day 0..:|
picture.php

Hi buddys! :tiphat:

In the next pics you can see the preparation of the soil and of the small pots for the first 12-18 days. For vegging I always prefer to use Composana Universal for my soil mix, but maybe that's just because I'm used to it and I'm sure there are many other good options, maybe even better. Sometimes it is even a bit strong for the first days of life of our plants, so I mix a bit or perlite to make it a bit softer. In theory, if we had 10% of perlite, the soil mix will get 10% less fertilized, because perlite is an innert. I added 20% of perlite to my soil mix.

Well, I leave you with the pictures... :)

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

And that's it. Now they just need light, air and water... Stay cool, sweet smokes!

|tommy_g|

Last edited:

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
_______________________.|:..Growing..:|:..Day 1..:|
picture.php

Hi friends!

Some pictures of the recently born plants...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Sweet smokes! :wave:

|tommy_g|

Last edited:

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
_______________________.|:..Growing..:|:..Day 7..:|
picture.php

Hi friends! :smoke:

At day 7 they all look very well, some pics...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

And that's it, I'll be back soon with more. Stay cool!

|tommy_g|

Last edited:

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
_______________________.|:..Growing..:|:..Day 14..:|
picture.php

Hi my friends! :tiphat:

Some leafs are starting to complaint because of the size of the pots, they are very small and they should have been transplanted to some bigger pots already. But as they are going to be taken to other house it is better to do the transplant only when they get to their definitive place :) They'll suffer a little bit but I'm sure they will recover very fast as soon as they get to their big pots ;)

But they're still very beautiful anyway...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

Not much more to say right now, everything is fine, but I will update this very soon ;)

Sweet smokes :wave:

|tommy_g|

Last edited:

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
_______________________.|:..Growing..:|:..Day 20..:|
picture.php

Hello my friends!

So, here they are, almost ready to join the Cream Caramel clone and get to the 250wHPS in the Homebox XS. I had a small problem with spidermites but I expect to have it controlled before the plants start to flower. Well, veg stage is never as interesting as flowering stage but I expect you enjoy the pics...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

So, soon they'll be in their big pots, then I'll give them 7 days of 18/6 with the HPS before changing them to 12/12. In those 7 days I expect an explosing and vigorous growing, so I invite you to keep passing in this thread so you can follow their development.

Soon I'll share pics of the transplant. Sweet smokes! :smokeit:

|tommy_g|

Last edited:

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
_______________________.|:..Growing..:|:..Day 21..:|
picture.php

Hi again! Here I am as promised, with the pics of the transplant to the final pots, hehe...

As I'm only going to give them more 8 days of 18/6 they will not have enough time to use the whole 17 litres of soil which would fit in the big pots and so I just filled the pots by half, or a bit more than a half. As seen in the pics I'm only using 12-14 litres of the 17 available. In this grow I'm using Professional Plus from Canna.

Some pics...

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php

Now in a week you'll see the difference ;) Stay tuned!

Sweet smokes!

|tommy_g|

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
_______________________.|:..12-12..:|:..Day 1..:|
picture.php

Hi buddys!

Another update, now from the day when they were passed to 12/12. They grew as expected since last update, with an amazing vigour. They are all very beautiful, as visible in the pics the Snow Fruit is very healthy and pretty with a short internodal distance and strong branches, capable to hang some heavy buds. In this grow the best entertainment to me is to assist to the development of the flowers of this variety for the first time...

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php

Stay cool, I'll be back soon with more ;)

|tommy_g|

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
_______________________.|:..12-12..:|:..Day 8..:|

Hi mates! :kos:

...and it continues...

With a special about Mohan Ram...

.:|Mohan Ram|:.
_White Widow x Sweet Afgani Delicious
picture.php
picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

Stigmas are now abundant in the top of the branches and little flowers are starting to get formed, so I'll consider today, day 8 of 12/12, the first day of flowering. Mohan Ram is very beautiful and vigorous. Last year I grew 2 of them and I got to plants very similar, in terms of structure but also in terms of aroma and effect. This, so far, looks the same. They don't have as many branches as Snow Fruit (which can be seen in the pic bellow), but the Mohan Ram branches are strong.

Snow Fruit:
picture.php

Sweet Afgani:
picture.php

Cream Caramel:
picture.php

Mohan Ram:
picture.php

I did a simple LST, with just two threads, one in the base of the plant, holding it, and the other pushing the "neck" of the plant down, lowering the main stem. They were stretching a bit too much and getting very near to the lamp, so the LST was inevitable. I also took them to a couple of hours of outdoors to give them a neem bath.

Before the LST:
picture.php

After the LST:
picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

See you soon, keep it high! :wave:

|tommy_g|

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
_______________________.|:..12-12..:|:..Day 16..:|
picture.php

Hello!

Here we are once again for another weekly update :tiphat:

Plants are looking good, with a very good response to the LST. I've already watered them with a bit of BioBoost and BioFlores from Canna. As visible in the pics they are healthy and didn't stretch that much. All of them have between 3 and 6 buds at the same level and they are going to stay at the same distance from the lamp. So I guess I'll get some good buds in the end, even with only 250wHPS.

Snow Fruit is the one that is promising more, hehe, with good branches, vigorous growth and some green big leafs :smoke:

Some pictures...

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php

If you have any question, please post it ;)

See you soon! Sweet smokes!

|tommy_g|

DrPoison

POISON GENETICS.
ICMag Donor
Nice lil set up TommyG. :dance013: Ladies are lookin good!
Have always wanted to grow and smoke Black Domina, so I decided to grab a pack of your SAD off the Bay and give her a run. Will be following the thread. Is the Sweet Afgani in this thread the mother that produced the new S1's? Looking forward to seeing her flower out.

DrPoison :laughing:

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
Nice lil set up TommyG. :dance013: Ladies are lookin good!
Have always wanted to grow and smoke Black Domina, so I decided to grab a pack of your SAD off the Bay and give her a run. Will be following the thread. Is the Sweet Afgani in this thread the mother that produced the new S1's? Looking forward to seeing her flower out.

Hi DrPoison, thanks for your visit and words ;)

Nop, in this diary I used seeds, the same seeds you can see in my first 3 posts. In the third post you can even see the SAD seed recently sprouted, hehehe. If you have a look at my other grow diary (which I'm posting right now, right here) you also have 3 Sweet Afganis, also from seed. As I said in other thread I'm colaborating with Sweet Seeds only since last summer and this grow diaries were made before I was colaborating with them. Except for the new Autos diary that I'm posting right now, that one is fresh :smoke:

As I love Sweet Afgani I may soon get a clone from the mother used to produce seeds, so that I can be abble to compare the results. But the plants I got from seeds were always of good quality, with some differences among them, of course, but the sweet and aromatic taste and the strong indica high is present in all of them.

Mohan Ram (Sweet Afgani x White Widow) is other of my favourites for the same reasons...

Hope you enjoy yours, you're welcome to post a diary or at least a few pics. And you're also invited to keep passing by my diaries ;)

Sweet smokes! :joint:

|tommy_g|

DrPoison

POISON GENETICS.
ICMag Donor
Thanks Tommy.
Yea that Mohan Ram looks kick ass!
Will let you know what I find in my SAD's. ;)
Stay growin! Stay safe!

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
_______________________.|:..12-12..:|:..Day 24..:|

Hello my friends!

Ok DrPoison, hope you enjoy it, let me know then ;)

Here things are good, they starting to form buds and each plant has at least 4 buds that will fatten up as I like them to... In the next update I will already have some pics of beautiful flowers. Snow Fruit is looking really well and Mohan Ram is confirming what I thought of her, that she is a variety that features a vigorous growing and flowering, seeds originate plants very similar in structure and is has a very short flowering period, it seems to me that she is ahead of the other 3. The Cream Caramel is the one that has more branches but I guess it is normal since she's the only plant that is not from seed, it is a clone from my previous experiences.

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php

Stay tuned for more... very soon :smoke:

|tommy_g|

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
_______________________.|:..12-12..:|:..Day 33..:|
picture.php

1 - Mohan Ram

Hi gardeners! :tiphat:

Plants are looking good, with the buds filling as supposed and already with plenty of trichomes. Mohan Ram is ahead of the others, so I'll post more pics of her, but I'll leave enough pics of the others so you can observe their evolution since the last post.

Hope you enjoy the update...

:smoke:

.:|Cream Caramel|:.

picture.php

2 - From the 4 plants this is the only plant that is a clone

picture.php
picture.php

3 - Cream Caramel with many branches___________________ 4 - A flower with a slightly sign of overfert, but not enough for me to worry about...

.:|Snow Fruit|:.

picture.php
picture.php

5 - Snow Fruit, very vigorous ____________________________6 - Plenty of beautiful flowers

.:|Sweet Afgani Delicious S1|:.

picture.php
picture.php

7 - Sweet Afgani Delicious ______________________________.8 - It is not as advanced as the Mohan Ram, but in the end we'll see

picture.php
picture.php

9 - Mohan Ram ______________________________________10 - A beautiful Mohan Ram flower

picture.php
picture.php

11 - It's the more advanced one, with good buds ____________-12 - Temperature is a bit high when the light is on

picture.php
picture.php

13 - The same flower..._________________________________14 - Mohan Ram is White Widow crossed with Sweet Afgani Delicious

And that's it for today. Other time I'll update it with more news and infos, stay cool!

|tommy_g|

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
_______________________.|:..12-12..:|:..Day 46..:|
picture.php
picture.php

Hello everyone! :tiphat:

So, lets keep this going. Day 46 of 12-12, some 38 days of flowering... They're still filling very well, some pics...

.:|Cream Caramel|:.

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

.:|Snow Fruit|:.

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

.:|Sweet Afgani Delicious S1|:.

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

All the plants are producing well but this Mohan Ram is specially beautiful...

I'll be back soon, sweet smokes! :wave:

|tommy_g|

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
Hi Johnny! Thanks for your visit!

Well, you can get more info about Mohan Ram here ;) Mohan Ram is the name of the guy who "invented" the feminized breeding with STS method.

STS: Silver thiosulfate, a salt compound used in photography. In plants, silver interferes with, or locks out, copper, which is a necessary micronutrient. Making copper unavilable inteferes with ethylene signaling, and reduces expression of traits that are dependent on high levels of ethylene, such as female sex expression and fruit ripening.

Our Mohan Ram is White Widow with Sweet Afgani Delicious S1

Stay cool, keep passing by!

|tommy_g|

Latest posts

Latest posts