What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

giannino's sweet way-2x S. Fernando Lemon Kush,2x Sweet Amnesia Haze,2x Cream Caramel

horse mouth

the cigarette box is present in the photos just to give an idea of ​​the size. the sweet amnesia haze 2 and the san ferndando lemon kush do not have the photos of the trunk because last night I was tired and I forgot.

the photo below shows how "unconscious" my venture was to mix such different strains. it was very tiring, but also a lot of fun. on the left the san fernando lemon kush 2 and on the right the cream caramel 2

fetch

the diameter of the trunks are from 21 mm of the san fernado lemon kush 2 to 15 of the sweet amnesia haze 2 measured with the caliber

fetch

now the plants are hanging whole upside down in the grow box. since the humidity is now not high (60%) there is no internal ventilation and the suction is at minimum power. if conditions do not change (which is unlikely) I expect between 10 and 14 days

fetch

fetch

although I will be making other updates, I already wanted to thank SWEET SEEDS for giving me these fantastic strains and for giving me the opportunity to participate in this contest.
as soon as the grow box is free I will plant these seeds which I am very curious and have a lot of expectations. stay sweet :)

fetch

that's all for today, as always advice, criticisms, opinions, questions and insults are welcome and encouraged

take care

horse mouth

thats sure! i'll keep them in jars as long as possible, which means as i finish my current jars , but i'll prolly test them before

i'm excited to see if i produced more than my previos run (358g). i'm pretty confident

thanks for passing by

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Nice, I had a helluva good pheno of that SLK that was very nice. I had it in my albums I'm not sure how to use this new format. But there's a keeper here and there in the SLK. I grew some that were obviously not as strong. But Sweet Seeds has some great seeds that don't cost much. That SLK I grew outdoors also and it did ok. Nice grow man, you'll have some good smoke!!!

horse mouth

Very nice harvest horse mouth!!
Im sure you will hit over the 350g that you mention

thank you very much. the last two days the weather ran dry so i'll put them in jars tomorrow and we'll know if i did better than last time.

Nice, I had a helluva good pheno of that SLK that was very nice. I had it in my albums I'm not sure how to use this new format. But there's a keeper here and there in the SLK. I grew some that were obviously not as strong. But Sweet Seeds has some great seeds that don't cost much. That SLK I grew outdoors also and it did ok. Nice grow man, you'll have some good smoke!!!

hi wvkindbud38, thank you very much.
i've just seen your san fernando lemon kush on your profile ( the album tittle made me laugh "sweat seeds" :) ) and i found her very beatiful and full or resin! i'm not a phenos expert (actuallyi dont know almost anything)and honestly i dont care too much since i cant keep mothers.
that's true! sweet seeds its the proof that you don t heve to spend 15 euro for a seed to get great strains.

:friends:Good job,happy grow

thank you very much

horse mouth

the day of the truth has finally arrived!! :)

day 121 from spourting: scale and storage

Good afternoon to everyone!!

Ten days have passed since the cutting of the plants and, thanks to the dry weather that has come in the last few days, the plants are pretty dry, even too much. they did 6-7 days at rh 60 around and the last 3-4 days at rh 52-55.
this morning I weighed and put everything in the jars: I am amazed !! so stunned that I was tempted to lie about the weight by declaring less of it because I realize that it may not be credible. I assure you that what I write is all true, but I will not be offended if you wont believe me (perhaps, if I were reading and not writing, I would not believe it either), but I think you can understand from the photos.
after this necessary introduction I will illustrate the various plants ordered from the one that weighs less to the one that weighs more. but first the photo of the weight of the vacuum container which will be subtracted from the various weighings

fetch

SWEET AMNESIA HAZE 2

fetch

fetch

fetch

139-81= 58g

it is very dry and bulky, after 4 hours in the jar the hygrometer dropped from 60 to 59

SAN FERNANDO LEMON KUSH 1

fetch

fetch

fetch

140-81= 59g

very dry too. medium compact flowers. in 4 hours in the jar the hygrometer dropped from 60 to 58.

SWEET AMNESIA HAZE 1

fetch

fetch

fetch

147-81= 66g

she is the most voluminous and maybe the driest. I put it in two jars of one liter, but had to fill them to the brim. after 4 hours in the jar the hygrometer dropped from 60 to 58.

continues

horse mouth

continues

CREAM CARAMEL 2

fetch

fetch

fetch

153-81= 72g

very compact flowers (but much less than the sister "1") and dried the right to my personal taste. after 4 hours of storage the hygrometer remained at 60.

SAN FERNANDO LEMON KUSH 2

fetch

fetch

fetch

153-81= 72g

very compact and dry flowers. in 4 hours in the jar the hygrometer dropped from 60 to 59

CREAM CARAMEL 1

fetch

fetch

fetch

156-81= 75g

it has rock-hard flowers. I don't remember ever having such compact flowers. remained more humid than all the others, in fact after 4 hours in the jar the hygrometer marked 63.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

fetch

the two large jars are 2 liter, the seven medium jars are 1 liter and the small jar is half a liter

58+59+66+72+72+75= 402g!!!

this number, in addition to beating my previous record by 44g, seems incredible to me compared to the yields declared by sweet seeds.
let's analyze the numbers (which gives me so a lot of satisfaction :)). the declared yield for cream caramel is 400-550 g / m2, the one of san fernando lemon kush and sweet amnesia haze is 450-600 g / m2. the average of the three values ​​is: 433-583 g / m2. my grow box is 120x60 cm which is equal to 0.72 sq m. at least 0.02 square meters (i think even a little more) its occupied by the fan, so I consider 0.7 square meters. 402 g in 0.7 square meters is equivalent to 574 g / square meter (402 ÷ 0.7 = 574.2857...). 574 is incredibly close to the maximum value of the average declared yields of 583 .
I apologize for this series of mathematical operations and abstractions, but I wanted to make it clear why 402g of harvest seems to me an exaggerated number.
considering that I have grown in soil, without added co2 or other special things, I believe that sweet seeds (and also the many other seedbanks) should review the yields per square meter since the new smd leds are incredibly efficient. i am sure a sog of their best cut under 480w of modern smd and added co2 would produce much more than what they claim.
the credit, as well as these fantastic strains, I attribute to the fabric pots that I used for the first time in this cycle, it is the first time that I use pots larger than the 6.5l ones and it was the first time that I cut the soil with 15% perlite and 15% vermiculite. the chinese qb is confirmed as an amazing one: compared to the g3 led that I used before, I consume 40w less and I have almost doubled the yields.
in 7-10 days I will make some boubble hash from the trim that I have frozen fresh, in 2-3 weeks I will post the smoke report. stay tuned!

that's all for today, as always advice, criticisms, opinions, questions and insults are welcome and encouraged

take care

Crowmax

Veteran
Excellent grow diary horse mouth , very refined and detailed!
Results speak for themselves!! :lurk:

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Lol I spelled it wrong, well I put alot of sweat in those grows. Beautiful buds guys, can't wait to try the Cream Carmel!! I've got that and a Blackjack, and Gorilla Girl, Sweet Zkittles going for outdoors. I grew a good BJ and GG a year or 2 ago. Also found a really good pheno in a pack of the Dos-sweet-Doi or whatever the correct spelling is. But I've grew alot of Sweet Seed varieties in the reg fem version and have gotten good results. Very good quality what I've ran

SweetApolo

Congratulations Giannino!

Great work and spectacular results! :tiphat:

Thank you very much for trusting our strains, and sharing your experience.

Sweet smokes,
- Apolo

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
thats sure! i'll keep them in jars as long as possible, which means as i finish my current jars , but i'll prolly test them before

i'm excited to see if i produced more than my previos run (358g). i'm pretty confident

thanks for passing by

About 10-12 yrs ago I got 6.5lb dry after trimming and jarring for curing. Had Rez SSCDH and some OG sfv x Chem D from Capt Crip and a few others. I think I got something stupid like 11-14 oz off them all. Did I longer veg and transplant to 5gal buckets. Think I had a 1000, 600, 430, and 400 watt god's. The 600 was a Galaxy I could use MH in it. I have trouble down south with the buds molding when they get so big. I'd grew in that great lake region air and never had any issues with mold. You gotta have it dialed in and you can get some serious yields!!!

horse mouth

tank you, as always, for your support bibi an crowmax.

thank you to SweetApolo , i was serious when i wrote you should review the g/sm yields declared. i'm sure the maximum value you write is beatable.

wvkindbud38 i have not smoked any of this plants yet. i'll test them after they cured for at least 2 weeks in the jars. the cream caramel smell its sweet, but poungent and earthy as well. i'm sure smell and taste will change after a couple of months in jars. plant a cream caramel! i liked it very much her structure so short, but strong. i think you sould give her a try since she won 25 awards.
your last post its a bit difficult to understand for me. neither google translator could help me enough. i only understood you had problems with mold. to avoid mold, even if my area its pretty humid, i have a potent tower fan which hits every single flower. that way i never had mold problems.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
That's probably my southern talk lol. But yes I got a Cream Carmel, Sweet Zkittles, Gorilla Girl, and Black Jack already going. I'm not sure if I've got anymore Sweet Seeds variety going. And I've got a Fruity Jack, and Purple Punch from Philosopher Seeds....I'm not sure if they ( Sweet Seeds, Philosper Seeds collaborate or what??? But the Gorilla Girl I grew indoors was really really good, I've found alot of pretty good strains in Sweet Seeds!!! Enjoy your crop after a little curing friend, Good luck. Hopefully I do ok also.

I was just talking about were I live is super humid, and how you gotta watch your crop from molding once the buds start getting fat!!!

horse mouth

thanks for make it easier for a non native english like me :) my area is very humid too, so i have to watch my buds from molding even in curing phase. these has been raining a lot and i cannot open my jars.

ICE-O-LATOR

happy Mayday to everyone!

as promised here is the post on ice attraction I did the other day. it was the second time in my life that I had done it.
I only did two washes with two different methods. I did the first wash by arranging the four bags, one inside the other, in a bucket, I added water up to about half a bucket, I added ice (at least 2-3 kilos) until the three quarters of the bucket were reached. Once the water has cooled down properly I dipped the frozen trim and mixed it for about 8-10 minutes. I took out the bag with the 250 net containing trim and ice and put it in the freezer for the second wash. the water and the three bags remained in the bucket. I took them out of the bucket one at a time and, always one at a time, I put them in an open basket where I rinsed them in the shower to concentrate the product in the center of the net, I turned the bag inside out and collected the product with a teaspoon.
I did the second wash by inserting in the bucket only the 250 bag with water and ice trim, I turned everything for 10 minutes also helping myself with an electric whisk. I removed the bag with ice and trim. only the water remained in the bucket, which I poured into the three bags that I had placed one inside the other in the bin where they underwent the same treatment as the first wash.
the first photo is of the fresh frozen trim which, when frozen, weighed 180 grams.

fetch

fetch

73 microns (25 microns net) first wash

fetch

second wash water

fetch

120 microns (73 microns net) second wash

fetch

wet on top and after 4 days drying on bottom

fetch

73 microns: second wash on the left and first wash on the right

fetch

120 microns: first wash on the left and second wash on the right

fetch

250 microns: first wash on the left and second wash on the right

fetch

as you can see I learned how to handle the hash and take pictures of after I had already put away the 73 micron one. from the photos it looks the worst, but, clearly it is the best.
the first wash gave more product than the second. perhaps because of the different technique, perhaps because I had done the first one well. in all I think they are between 2 and 3 grams. I haven't had the courage to try them yet, but they have fantastic aromas. now they are wrapped in plastic wrap and closed in a glass jar in the refrigerator. I will tell you how they are when I write the smoke report of the plants.

take care

bibi40

Beautifull hash mate !

i usually use 160 , 73 and 25 microns ,
25 is always the best , then 73 micron and the 160 microns is the less good .

Great job :groupwave:

horse mouth

thankyou bibi!
i think we call the same thing in two differnt ways: what i call "73 microns" is what i collect from the 25 microns net which passed through the 73 one. i guess you call it 25 microns. or do you collect the matirial passed through the 25 microns net?