What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

giannino's sweet way-2x S. Fernando Lemon Kush,2x Sweet Amnesia Haze,2x Cream Caramel

horse mouth

GIANNINO'S SWEET WAY

hello everyone and special thanks to Sweet Seeds for giving me the chance to take part in this contest.
I am a home grower with a few cycles done. I cultivate in soil and I tend to fertilize a lot with the aim of making the most of my space.
this diary will be a copy of the main one on enjoint.com (where my username is giannigiannino). right now my plants are on the 10th day of flowering, but i'm going to post all the updates posted on my main thread. i apologize if i make some grammar mistakes: english is not my native language.

after this little introduction let's get down to business!
the strains chosen are: San Fernando Lemon Kush, Sweet Amnesia Haze and Cream Caramel.

San Fernando Lemon Kush
picture.php

i choosed her because i really wanted a strong flavour with lemon hints
description and data sheet from sweetseeds.es

[FONT=&quot]Excellent hybridization between two of our best elite clones coming from the USA. In the cross takes part a selected clone of San Fernando Valley OG Kush, characterized by a pleasant and complex scent, with strong presence of the lemony aroma coming from the Lemon Thai that takes part in the original OG Kush cross. The other elite clone that is involved in the cross is a Kosher Kush, another OG Kush genetic very appreciated in Los Angeles and nearby areas (California).Very pleasant and intense aroma with original lemony tones of OG Kush and hints of solvent, notes of spices, wood and blue cypress. The plants look like indica-sativa hybrids leaning to the sativa side. These American varieties with strong presence of the limonene terpene are highly appreciated in the USA for cannabic extractions.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Data Sheet

Variety SWS62
Indica/ Sativa: 35%/65%
THC: 14-21% · CBD: 0,1%
Indoor Yield: 450-600 g/m2
Outdoor Yield: 450-700 g/plant
Indoor Blooming: 9 weeks
Outdoor Harvest: late September to early October

[/FONT]

Sweet Amnesia Haze
picture.php

i choosed her because i am in love with hazes.

[FONT=&quot]Cross between two Amnesia Haze “elite” clones of exceptional quality. The result is a mainly Sativa genetic of excellent quality and fast flowering time. The Amnesia strain is one of the fastest plants within the famous Haze family.
Sweet Amnesia Haze® (SWS72) has a very vigorous growth. With the shape of a christmas tree, the plants produce long side branches. It is a very high yielder for a Sativa strain, producing compact and extremely resinous buds. As a very easy-to-grow strain, it is suitable for every kind of growers, from beginners to experienced.
The tastes and aromas of this genetic are amazing and made it famous worldwide. It features a taste and aroma with lemon citrus tones, a complex incense background and hints of cedar wood.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Data Sheet

Variety SWS72
Indica: 30% / Sativa: 70%
THC: 16-22% · CBD: 0,1%
Indoor Yield: 450-600 g/m2
Outdoor Yield: 400-650 g/plant
Indoor Blooming: 9 weeks
Outdoor Harvest: late September

[/FONT]
Cream Caramel
picture.php

i choosed her because she won 25 (twentyfive!) awards and she is indica dominant with the same flowering time as the others two

[FONT=&quot]This synthetic strain is the result of a three way cross between our best indicas: Blue Black x Maple Leaf Indica x White Rhino. Famous in the world cannabic scene, this is the most awarded strain of our catalog.The tastes and aromas of this variety are very intense, sweet and caramelized like sweets, fruit of the indica molotov cocktail that contains in itself, combined with a hint of earthy flavors inherited from the Blue genetic involved in the cross. This strain is ideal for indoor growing and a super plant for outdoor growing.
Its structure is typical of indica plants, featuring a strong main stem with short internodal distance, with a big main bud and multiple side branches.
This strain is the favorite among our THC-rich strains for medicinal cannabis users. Relaxing and antidepressant.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Data Sheet

Variety SWS04
Indica/ Sativa: 90%/10%
THC: 15-20% · CBD: 1,6%
Indoor Yield: 400-550 g/m2
Outdoor Yield: 350-600 g/plant
Indoor Blooming: 8-9 weeks
Outdoor Harvest: late September to early October

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]in the following post I will go to list the equipment
[/FONT]

Last edited:

horse mouth

in this post I list the equipment that I will use in this cultivation

grow box 120x60x170 (4x2x5.5)

quantum board lamp 320w with ir and uv

picture.php

fan team composed of: oscillating tower fan aimed at the plants, fixed fan that points the pots, fixed fan that points the qb and 300mc / h extractor to which the activated carbon filter will be attached when needed

picture.php

substrate-fetilizer team composed of: vermiculite, perlite, terra canna professional plus, terra vega, terra flores, rhizotonic, cannazym, cannaboost, pk 13/14 and calmag

picture.php

pot team composed of: 0.4l plastic pot, 1.4l plastic pot and 11l fabric pot

picture.php

and the most important team: the strains with the blessing of Ganesha (seeds gently provided by sweet seeds):

picture.php

I do not measure neither ph nor ec

lets start!

horse mouth

day 0: start and spourting

here we are finally at the beginning of this adventure.

the seeds have been in the refrigerator for nearly a month waiting for me to start.

on 19/12, after leaving the seeds at room temperature for a few hours, I immersed them in tap water. I left them in the water for about 14-16 hours

picture.php

the day after (20/12), I planted them in the 0,4l pots, filled with soil only, with the tip downwards and i watered them with a few drops of water. I left them in the bathroom as it is the warmer and more humid room of my house.

picture.php

after about 40 hours in soil, a cream caramel was the first to show off.

picture.php

this morning, 23/12, they were all up, but some still closed. with all the little delicacy I have, I removed the shell and the membrane from the 4 seeds that still had them (I think because of my bad habit of burying the seeds very little). unfortunately in a cream caramel I damaged a cotyledon a little, but nothing compromising

picture.php

now they are in the grow box under the 30% dimmed lamp about 70 cm from pots. I had to put the half plastic bottles because, after 12 runs, the humidifier died and I am waiting for the new one to arrive.the temperature is 23° and the is ur 60%

picture.php

that's all for now. as always advice, criticisms, opinions, questions and insults are welcome and encouraged

take care

horse mouth

day 6 from spourting

Hello everyone!

yesterday the humidifier arrived and I was able to bring the humidity to more appropriate levels. the humidifier is this:

picture.php

it has a capacity of only 3 liters, but it does its job well. I got it on aliex, but it arrived from germany in few days. I show it to you because it is very cheap: only 23 euros. maybe it can be useful to someone.
the only big flaw is that it has a little light inside the tank that cannot be covered with electrical tape, I solved it by putting a timer.

in addition to the humidifier I also started the extractor (before I kept the door of the growbox a little open). I "boxed" the dimmer using a tupperware and recycled material I had at home. it's not very beautiful, but it does its job.

picture.php

now let's move on to the important things: plants

they are all very well, showing only some signs of overexposure to light. by increasing the humidity the paints should be able to handle more light. unfortunately the temperatures are a bit low: 20 minimum and 24 maximum.

from their third day of life (26/12) I turned on the infrared and ultraviolet and I turned on the big fan to the minimum aimed at the plants.
I started to administer some fertilizers too: 4ml / l of rhizotonic and 3ml / l of terravega. they drank a total of 0.5l in three days, tonight or tomorrow morning I will have to water again.

now some photos taken these days

day 1 (24/12)

picture.php

day 2 (25/12)

picture.php

picture.php

continues

horse mouth

continues

as I wrote, I damaged the cotyledon of a cream caramel not a little by removing the membrane that held the cotyledons together. I actually damaged a sweet amnesia haze a bit too by doing the same job. thanks to the goodness and strength of both genetics both plants have not suffered any slowdown. in the pictures the detail of the cream caramel and the sweet amnesia haze respectively, always on day 2 of life (25/12)

picture.php

picture.php

day 4 (27/12)

picture.php

day 6 (today)

picture.php

close view of the smaller san fernando lemon kush. today's picture

picture.php

that's all for now. as always advice, criticisms, opinions, questions and insults are welcome and encouraged

take care

horse mouth

hi bibi40, thanks!

here there are more updates. today or tomorrow i'll post all the past ones, then i'll start reading your diaries.

day 10 from spourting: frist transplant

hello and happy new year to everyone (it was the 2nd of january)!

today we celebrate the tenth day of the life of the plants! despite the first few days the conditions were not exactly optimal and I broke two cotyledons, these fantastic plants did not suffer any delays. in fact today was the day of the first transplant.

as anticipated in the presentation, the substrate that I used today and that I will use at the next transplant is composed of 2/3 terra professional plus (60% peat, 30% coconut, 10% bark), 1/6 fine vermiculite and 1/6 perlite . this is the first time I use this substrate, I am quite confident. here are two pictures: the first with the three separate elements and the second after mixing everything.

picture.php

picture.php

the plants were like this before transplanting (the two cream caramel on the left, the two sweet amnesia haze in the center and the two san fernando lemon kush on the right)

picture.php

picture.php

as you can see, I had to wear the sweet amnesia haze 1 brace because the fan had knocked her down. after the transplant there is no more need

continues

horse mouth

continues

this is how were the roots of three plants (I realize only now that the pictures are blurred, I apologize. in my defense I can say that I was alone and it was not easy to take the picture with the plant in hand).

cream caramel 1

picture.php

san fernando lemon kush 2

picture.php

sweet manesia haze 2

picture.php

after transplanting I placed the plants in what will, probably, be their position during the rest of their lifes: the two cream caramels on the left, the two san fernado lemon kush in the center and the two sweet amnesia haze on the right.
since the maximum temperatures did not exceed 24 degrees (reached few times) I brought the lamp to 80 cm from the plants and to 80% of the power. thanks to the heat of the lamp I now have an excellent 26 degrees and 67% of ur.

plants after transplant

picture.php

picture.php

after the transfer I gave about 250 ml per plant fertilized in this way: 4ml/l vega, 2,5 ml/l zym, 2ml/l rhizotonic and 0,7 ml/l calmag.

that's all for today, as always advice, criticisms, opinions, questions and insults are welcome and encouraged

horse mouth

day 17 from spourting: second transplant

Hello everyone!

everything is going well. the plants have also already tasted (0.5 ml / l) pk 13/14 last watering and, after 2 days, I can say that it was appreciated.
today the plants have gone into their final pot: 11 liter fabric. it is the first time that I do not use the classic square plastic pots and it is also the first time that I exceed 6.5 l. if any of you who used them had encountered any critical issues and wanted to share it, I'm "all ears".
I changed the composition of the substrate a bit for this transplant using these proportions: 70% soil, 20% perlite and 10% vermiculite. I did it to encourage faster drying of the soil.

to follow the photos before transplanting (the two cream caramel on the left, the two san fernado lemon kush in the center and the two sweet amnesia haze on the right)

picture.php

picture.php

I joined the photos in pairs to save some space and show you each plant better. like last time, being alone again, I took some very bad pictures of the roots and I apologize

cream caramel 1

picture.php

cream caramel 2

picture.php

san fernado lemon kush 1

picture.php

continues

horse mouth

continues

san fernando lemon kush 2

picture.php

sweet amnesia haze 1

picture.php

sweet amnesia haze 2

picture.php

the two san fernando lemon kush suffered a bit from racking (almost certainly because of me) and showed brown spots on the leaves of the first internode. they have not increased (the dots) for 5 days, so I give the problem solved. for them 2 I could have waited for trasplanting a few more days, but the other 4 needed it.
below are the photos after the transplant

picture.php

picture.php

after being placed in the final pot I gave a liter to each fertilized as follows: 5 ml/l vega, 2.5 ml / l zym, 2ml/l rhizotonic, 0.6ml/l pk 13/14 and 0.5 ml / l calmag. the lamp is at 60 cm at 60% of the power

currently my "favorites" are the cream caramel 2 because it is very compact, but with a good mass despite being the one with the most damaged cotyledon and the sweet amnesia haze 1 because it is the much larger one. I will certainly change my mind several times during the cultivation

that's all for today, as always advice, criticisms, opinions, questions and insults are welcome and encouraged

take care

horse mouth

hi Crowmax, thank you for the visit!
i'll return it as i finsh to post the past updates.

day 23 from spourting: top

Hello everyone!

here we are on the twenty-third day of life ( 5/12) and the plants are in a great shape. 6 days have passed from the transplant and the plants have exploded. the cream caramel and the sweet amnesia haze remained short, while the san fernando lemon kush even though they are the ones that receive the most light since they are in the center of the grow box.
below two photos of the plants this morning

picture.php

picture.php

since the plants seemed big enough to me, I topped them all, leaving six internodes for the two sweet amnesia haze, five for the san fernado lemon kush and respectively six and seven for cream caramel 1 and 2. on san fernado lemon kush I left only 5 internodes because the branches, even the lowest ones, are well developed. I wanted to leave more branches of the cream caramel because, since they have almost pure indica genetics, they have much shorter branches and I will be forced to cut more. I would like to keep 9-10 branches per plant.
below the photos of the plants after topping

picture.php

picture.php

the "heads" that have been cut off

picture.php

continues

horse mouth

continues

despite the operation performed, the san fernando lemon kush continued to seem too tall, so I armed myself with the necessary and bent them a little.
in the first photo the san fernado lemon kush 2 and in the second both.

picture.php

picture.php

in the next few days, following the development, I will value if lower them a bit more. I will also pay particular attention to the two cream caramels to see if I will be forced to tie or some of these beautiful indica big leaves that shade the branches. within a week I will put the elevations to the plants that will remain lower and I will position the net.

take care

horse mouth

day 30 from spourting

happy Friday to everyone! (it was friday 22\1 when i originally wrote this)

a week has passed since the last update. the plants did not grow much, but only becouse of me: until yesterday I had an air filter stucked in the outlet of the suction pipe to attenuate the noise (it worked very well), but it let pass little air. unfortunately I only noticed it yesterday and removed it. now much more air passes. this poor air exchange meant that the plants remained compact (too much) and showed slight signs of overexposure to light even though the light was not so strong. now, with adequate air exchange, they should finally get up a little.

apart from this inconvenience that will lengthen the vegetative period of 5-7 days, the plants are fine.
the day after the top, a branch of san fernando lemon kush 2 had already exceeded the rest of the plant in height. to make it lose its predominance, I cropped it in a way that I had never tried (it is also very rare that it crops in vegetative phase): almost at the base of the branch. the branch was already very woody, so I had to handle the part I wanted to fold for about thirty seconds to soften it. here are the pictures

before crop

picture.php

after crop

picture.php

crop

picture.php

15 hours later, more or less

picture.php

as you can see, the plant proved extremely strong and recovered quickly.
I think the low concentration of co2 is the cause that the branches have grown very little in these days: the 4 "sativas" have remained very compact, but they have pulled out the branches, the indicas, although I discovered the shoots from the leaves every day, their branches are still very low, but they are filled with leaves forming very dense bushes. here are the photos taken today

like last times the two cream caramel are on the left, the san fernando lemon kush in the middle and the sweet amnesia haze on the right

picture.php

continues

horse mouth

continues

picture.php

cream caramel 2: the most bushy one

picture.php

due the slight suffering they showed, you can also see from the photos, I lightened the irrigation solution a little: 2.5 ml / l zym, 3.5 ml / l vega, 20 ml / l rhizotonic and 0.5ml / calmag. if, as I predict, the plants recover quickly, I will increase the dose of fertilizers

take care

horse mouth

thank you bibi! i'm very happy that you like my plants!
here there are the last two past updates.
this w-e i'll post the first live update here.

day 36 from spourting: net positioning and switch

hi everyone, I hope you are all well.

It's been about a week (it was the 28/1 when i wrote this) since I considerably increased the air exchange and the plants have definitely changed pace.
I made several moves in the growbox for various reasons. the two san fernando lemon kush were in the center, but showed slight signs of overexposure to light, so I put them both on the left instead of the cream caramels. knowing that sativas take a lot of light better (please correct me if I'm wrong) I didn't want to put the cream caramels in the center so they went to the right and the sweet amnesia haze in the center. it would not have been enough to swap the san fernando lemon kush with the sweet amnesia haze because I wanted to keep a slimmer plant next to the white fan that I keep under the net next to the inlet window. for the first time I also changed the position of the main fan as you can see in the picture just to have more space for the back row.
as written in the title I placed the net, but first I fixed the last raisers to the plants that needed them and now they are raised as follows: cream caramel 1 and 2 15 and 18 cm, both sweet amnesia haze 5 cm and san fernando lemon kush 1 5 cm; the only one on the ground is the san fernado lemon kush 2.

recap: the san fernando lemon kush on the left, thesweet amnesia haze in the center and the cream caramel on the right

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

today there will be 15 hours of light, tomorrow already 12.
I usually wait a few days between the positioning of the net and the time change, but since I have done a vegetative a bit longer than usual, also to give time to the plant to colonize the larger pots, the growbox is almost full and I am not afraid to leave holes in the net.
the plan, always modifiable, would be to bend under the net the branches of the cream caramel only for the first week. I would do it to the sativas for 4-5 days more expecting more stretch. I ask everyone, especially the guys at sweet seeds, if you think it makes sense to do this to have a uniform canopy at the end of stretch.

take care

horse mouth

day 44 from spourting - 8 from time switch

Hello everyone!

today (05/02) we are on the eighth day from the photoperiod change and everything is going fine, even if not exactly as expected.
in these eight days I expected the four sativas to explode, but only the two san fernando lemon kush have grown a lot in height and I had to move the branches to keep them low. the two sweet amnesia haze reached the net only 3-4 days ago (they started slightly further away from the net, but only 2-3 cm). this fact probablyis good to me since the sweet amnesia haze were wider and risked covering too much space, taking away from the other plants. the two cream caramels behaved as I expected, stretching the branches a little less than the san fernando lemon kush.
the plan was to lower the branches of the cream caramel until today, but continue to lower the branches to the others for another 3-4 days. the cream caramel I think I wont lower them more (if not to cover a small hole in the net), but I am undecided on the sweet amnesia haze since they have grown much less than what I expected.
in the photos I show you the plants before and after today's training.

san fernando lemon kush on the left, sweet amnesia haze in the center and cream caramel on the right.
before training

picture.php

picture.php

after training

picture.php

picture.php

as you can see from the photos the holes to fill are few. I expect to have the net full in 2-3 days
I started cleaning the subnet. for now I have removed 2-3 branches, very few leaves and all the lower shoots.
as you can see from the photo below it is still very dense, as I think it should be at this stage.

picture.php

the diet of these days is composed of: 5 ml / l vega, 2.5 ml / l zym, 2 ml / l rhizotonic, 3.3 ml / l boost and 0.5 calmag. to this i add 0.7 ml / l of pk 13/14 alternating one irrigation yes and one no. I will not give the rhizotonic anymore because all the pots have been well colonized even at the superficial level.

that's all for today. as always advice, criticisms, opinions, questions and insults are welcome and encouraged

take care

horse mouth

this i the first live update so the next ones

day 50 from spourting - 14 from time switch

good afternoon everyone!

today we are on the fourteenth day of the photoperiod change and everything is going fine.
since the last update I have not touched the branches of the cream caramels (only in subnet to remove some excess foliage), but I have continued to lower the others for another 3-4 days. here two photos of the last training session. the branches on the left that I have not folded are cream caramels.

before session

picture.php

after session

picture.php

now I will no longer touch the branches in the hope that they will all come to about the same height. during these first 14 days of flowering I gradually increased the lamp power from 70% to 100%. the plants noticed this and started drinking a lot: just under a liter a day each. the diet remained almost unchanged: 5 ml / l vega, 2.5 ml / l zym, 4 ml / l boost and 0.5 calmag. to this i add 0.8 ml / l of pk 13/14 alternating one irrigation yes and one not.
despite the amount of water and fertilizers administered, the plants have begun to eat a few leaves of the most shaded, but there are so many that it is not a problem at all.
today's photos

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

continues

horse mouth

continues

under the net where are still a lot of leaves

picture.php

a random cream caramel

picture.php

a random sweet amnesia haze

picture.php

a random san fernando lemon kush

picture.php

that's all for today. as always advice, criticisms, opinions, questions and insults are welcome and encouraged

take care

Latest posts

Latest posts