Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

C4DD, Taking the line forward...Discussion.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 40AmpstoFreedom View Post
    I would be breeding completely to the D side of the equation. Look for the stanky sticky CD leaning males. The ultra funk ones. Be picky. If it doesn't scream sticky on the branches at 20+ inches and really stick out smell wise toss him. I look forward to these. I have recently been going through some CD, 91, stardawg, and OG crosses and still am right back to the D every time. Not impressed with TK and 91 crosses either. I will probably drop any future plans of using 91 as a parent. The smell and taste just aren't there. I think a lot of breeders just put shit out there for people to buy because it has a popular name in circles. I can't bring my self to do that with a lot of clone onlys. If it doesn't have the trinity of smell, taste, and looks I just don't bother anymore these days.

If you introduce C4 I would keep it a separate line.

Also if I were you I would track down a Tahoe cut and a Malibu and outcross to them =) Pop 25 seeds of each and be delightfully surprised.

I can't believe you didn't like the 91.

I've been growing Cobcoops 91skva x sfv/Appalachia off and on for the last few years and it's the most potent, stinky, sticky herbs I've ever smoked.

This one from F2 doesn't look like much but it's the most potent pot I've ever smoked, I handed jr out to a few old timers and they all unanimously agreed, it's almost too much.

This is the mother I used to make the f2 100% fire every time

Comment

i'm very impressed again with consistency of these. Of 6 females, 4 are superb strong smelling chemmy phenos... 2 exactly like the D, one that smells more strongly of the 'brussels sprout/ sweaty socks' type chem funk and another that is slightly more astringent but still very chemmy.

Of the others, one was chemmy but not as strong smelling so won't be used, and the other (which was also the one that was very slow to root) had an interesting smell that was sweater and not quite in the chem ballpark imo.
      My contributions to this website in no way imply support for any political or cultural views promoted here.
      -----
      To the large and singular furniture of this noble island i have added from foreign places all the variety of herbs and flowers that i might any way obtain. I've laboured with the soil to make it fit for plants, and with the plants that they might delight in the soil - so they might live and prosper under our climate as in their native and proper country.
      Gerard's Herbal (1636)

Comment

subbed
        "So we're just done with phrasing, right, that's not a thing anymore?."

"He's like Jesus, just dumber and fatter, and holds the Bible upside down".

Comment

OK, looks like the seeds are developing nicely in the buds... so i will reveal the crosses that i have made in addition to the C4DD F2s
          we have...
          C4DD x Chem D . C4DDD ? not massively into repeated backcrosses, but i thought this was worth doing
          C4DD x Chem 4 . C4DD4 ? For those wanting phenos leaning towards the Chem 4

C4DD x Amnesia . Chemnesia ? - ive been wanting to use the amnesia in a cross for a while now, it is in my top 5 for sure, and i thought it may combine well with chemmy-ness.

C4DD x White Rhino . The bubba x WR has been so successful that i had to see how the WR combined with this too.

thats if everything has worked properly, which it looks like it has (although i have been wrong before )

VG
          My contributions to this website in no way imply support for any political or cultural views promoted here.
          -----
          To the large and singular furniture of this noble island i have added from foreign places all the variety of herbs and flowers that i might any way obtain. I've laboured with the soil to make it fit for plants, and with the plants that they might delight in the soil - so they might live and prosper under our climate as in their native and proper country.
          Gerard's Herbal (1636)

Comment

The Chemnesia sounds banging!! Ammo is a classic and just love that tropical smell.. I’m assuming these are regs?

Good work VG
            sigpic

Comment

yes, all regs. I used 3 lovey chemmy smelling C4DD males for the F2s and crosses.

incidentally, i numbered the young plants 1-10 in order of height. When it came to sexing, numbers 1-6 were female and 7-10 were males.
              -----
              Gerard's Herbal (1636)

Comment

Ive done a small germination test on all the seeds and was quite pleased with the results.

Overall : 31 out of 32 have viable seedlings above the soil.
                C4DD F2: 8 out of 8
                C4DD x Chem4: 6 out of 6
                C4DD x ChemD: 5 out of 6 EDIT: 6 out of 6

C4DD x Amnesia: 6 out of 6
                C4DD x White Rhino: 6 out of 6

EDIT to add... just noticed the last Chem D is up!! 100% germination whoop!

Whilst it is a small population to draw any conclusions from... i can't help thinking that the inbreeding from an extra backcross to the D has caused the only failure, also a trifoliate, and the seedlings are clearly a little smaller than all of the others.
                That said they could still be fire!
                i have very limited space here, but i feel it would be a bit churlish of me not to grow some of these out

VG
                Last edited by VerdantGreen; 09-02-2020, 06:29.
                -----
                Gerard's Herbal (1636)

Comment

Nice work VG, can’t wait to see some of them grown out

Comment

Thanks unreg, i'm quite excited about these myself !
                    -----
                    Gerard's Herbal (1636)

Comment

C4DDxD= Triple D- Diners drive ins and dives.

Comment

Comment

I'm watching!

Comment

Got a few of each variety growing on atm... pics next week

Full disclosure - the last seed to pop that made it 32 out of 32 germinated is a bit of a runt
                            -----
                            Gerard's Herbal (1636)

Comment

Good luck with the grow VG.Very interested to see what comes from the WR cross.

Comment

Thanks Jayded,

I was hoping to wait until next week, but i had to repot the seedlings today as they were asking for it... i find that when vegging under strong LED lights, the plants will fade as soon as the roots start to become restricted, i think because they stop being able to keep up with the photosynthesis. In this case i don't mind too much because i am trying to get some 'age' on the plants without them becoming too big.
                                here is a shot of all the plants in their 9cm pots.

The Amnesia x C4DD has shown brilliant vigor, and all the rest are close behind... except the C4DD x Chem D, which has segragated into two phenos, oe of which is quite a lot slower, although interesting looking all the same. It is interesting that the second bx to the chem D has caused a loss of vigor, as one might expect... but would indicate that the Chem D is already somewhat inbred - and this would make sense because it breeds quite true for it's terpene profile etc.
                                Left to right in rows AmnesiaxC4DD; C4DDf2; White RhinoxC4DD;Chem 4xC4DD;ChemDxC4DD

-----
                                Gerard's Herbal (1636)

Comment

Working...
                                X