What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tonygreens Tortured Beans tests for Mars Hydro FC-E4800

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi guys, this will be my thread to review the FC-E4800. You can find one here... https://www.mars-hydro.com/fc-e4800-commercial-led-grow-light
I was really happy with the secure plain box delivery and set up. Most impressive I found was the nice frame rails that are made up of thick heavy aluminum. This makes hanging a breeze and transport!
I'll update soon with what we are going to grow.
Still have to set my ventilation up.

This run will be in a 5x5 with the ballast ran remotely!
IMG_20210709_165833_366.jpg

Last edited:

FletchF.Fletch

420club
What up Tony?

Man I just finished the Sherb Biker Gorilla Bubble freebies. Wicked sticky, and Super stony. Great Job.

Will definitely be following.

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey old mate,,
best of luck with the new light set up,,,
Mars are nice people ,,,
look forward to seeing your work with the new lights,,,
peace and regards s2

DunHav`nFun

Hey Bro......480 watts in a 5 x 5 huh......A while back I ordered 3-240 watt quantum boards with the Samsung LM 301 H diodes with the intentions of using 1 for a veg in a lil 2 x 4 tent and the other 2 for the 4 x 4 bloom tent and ran the 2 for 1 complete cycle usin Heath`s Black Rose beans and they did well......but.......the outer perimeters fell off from lack of coverage and penetration , so this run I put all 3 in there and spaced em out for a better footprint and they`re absofuckinlutely twice the size of the last run wall to wall at this age while still runnin em un-dimmed at 100%......that said , here`s hopin your new fixture covers the outsides of the 5 x 5 since that seems to be where all the shortcomings are with the LED`s since no one has completely dialed how many actual watts to use over their bitches, so......

I`ll be over here on my bucket watchin and waitin patiently for your setup to unfold and blow up accordingly......Good to see ya back around and makin shit happen.....Take care and.....

Peace......DHF.....:ying:......

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey Bro......480 watts in a 5 x 5 huh......A while back I ordered 3-240 watt quantum boards with the Samsung LM 301 H diodes with the intentions of using 1 for a veg in a lil 2 x 4 tent and the other 2 for the 4 x 4 bloom tent and ran the 2 for 1 complete cycle usin Heath`s Black Rose beans and they did well......but.......the outer perimeters fell off from lack of coverage and penetration , so this run I put all 3 in there and spaced em out for a better footprint and they`re absofuckinlutely twice the size of the last run wall to wall at this age while still runnin em un-dimmed at 100%......that said , here`s hopin your new fixture covers the outsides of the 5 x 5 since that seems to be where all the shortcomings are with the LED`s since no one has completely dialed how many actual watts to use over their bitches, so......

I`ll be over here on my bucket watchin and waitin patiently for your setup to unfold and blow up accordingly......Good to see ya back around and makin shit happen.....Take care and.....

Peace......DHF.....:ying:......

We're gonna see. Pretty crazy how far and fast these leds have come. Maybe if I do good theyll.upgrade me to the big boy ha! Seriously though the GPW has been shooting up in leaps and bounds.

Clones need some time to recover from being in storage for 2 months so that will be job 1 while I pop some seeds!

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
So we have some seed popped. The plan is to get these off for sex testing. 2021. How cool.is it to.say that?
What we have are some Topdawg Sour Diesel Bx3 that were very hard to come by and took quite a bit of time to finally get so im jacked up to finally be running them. The math lines up to equal a nice P1 to outcross!
I've gottem going in a tote with some homemade ventilation/filter carved into the lid to protect them from gnats. Also hit the cups with a spray of Mancozeb. Taking all precautions and doing great!
The dimmer comes in handy here and we've avoiding any crazy stretch so marshydro is doing its job well to start.
Really love this sturdy frame of the light. Makes moving it around a breeze.
Got a few black rose going to so we will see what comes of them!
20210801_013926.jpg

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Few more surprises waiting to pop so might be one or two more to join in ha!

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Moving a long nicely! Perfectly even light spread and the dimmer is perfect for driving seedlings. These are at a tad more than 2 feet away atm. Running 50% still.
20210811_151023.jpg

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
That's the DHF tray. Half black rose, half gg4ril and sherb x Biker f2 x gb bx5 fems. 🤙

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
Tonygreen I've been wondering, what is your method to having more then one seedling in your pots?

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Tonygreen I've been wondering, what is your method to having more then one seedling in your pots?

Saves a lot of space!
I wait until they have a few leaf sets and the stems "firm up" a bit with complete root growth before separating.

You can see that lower right for example. that would have been 4 cups if they were single.
One never popped up, one runt and 2 nice ones.
I'll pull that runt out then when I separate them to up pot it'll just be a nice clean cut..

I started with cups doing this but prefer these wider pots now.. this way 100 seedlings can be started in just 24 pots. This is what allowed me to pop 100s of seeds for gb selections.

It's my first major selection. Does this thing grow good?

DunHav`nFun

Hey Bro......Looks like your BR `s are healthy and stackin nodes close as they should be........Glad you`re likin your new light and it appears the babies are likin it as well.......also.....If by chance you find a rare green pheno, don`t toss that bitch out cuz the 1 I found outta 120 popped at 1 time turned out to be damndest knock your shit loose coma weed compared to all the other dark and all but black versions.............anyways.. ...Here`s hopin you get to do some cross breedin soon enough with the BR `s to give em some real kick in the ass with your GG and GB stock.....Can`t wait to see what comes of that down the road so...........Take care and glad ta see you strokin and stayin busy.....Thanks for your time and.......

Peace.....DHF......:ying:......

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'll keep an eye out, Ive got few rounds to look through, also it appears they are purple on the stem from first sprout as opposed to my RIL and others that are all green on the stem.
Might be able to find this sucker from sprout! I'll keep ya posted. Lots of plans, lots of work, but thats what we do right!