What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Panama

El Quijote

Yeah, I was thinking about a staggered harvest too. Definitely seeing a range of maturity in the buds.

Here's a lower bud that looks pretty ready.

And here's another lower bud that looks noticably less developed.

And here's the top bud I've been posting with my updates.

We got pretty damn close to a frost this morning, so I might be taking the whole thing sooner than later anyway!

Yo pienso que ya esta lista quizás 2 o 3 días mas se ven los cálices gordos y vivos , ahora estarán todos los tricomas lechosos y alguno ámbar el mejor efecto si esperas más lo que conseguirás es que un efecto narcótico de sofa típico indica, según el Banco de ace se cosecha a partir de la 3 semana de octubre hay que respetar los tiempos de los profesionales de ace , si esperas como @ subu 14 semanas y 3 días como la panama x bangi Haze de subu fijate lo pasada que estaba y como el dice se podría las flores y tuvo que tirar marihuana a la basura,la planta ya está muerta o muriéndose entonces ya no hay THC y pasó su mejor momento la planta. Por eso los tiempos de floracion del Banco es muy importante,mi humilde opinión y con mucho respeto. 2 o 3 días y yo la cortaba saludos 🍻🍻

Humple W.

Thanks, all! I do use a loupe, and the trichs are mostly cloudy, with the remaining more clear than amber. But I know some strains mature differently, at different paces, and some are "better" (nearer their expected/described effect) at a certain ratio.

The wife is getting nervous about mold, and though I don't see any, every time I decide not to listen to her, we end up with mold, so maybe I'll just trust that it's women's intuition and chop!

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
My wife is getting nervous about robbers. Only yesteday someone was spotted walking down the camino with a large bag of weed.
we're harvesting our zamaldelica later today but the Panama will left to continue for some more time yet,hopefully

El Quijote

My wife is getting nervous about robbers. Only yesteday someone was spotted walking down the camino with a large bag of weed.
we're harvesting our zamaldelica later today but the Panama will left to continue for some more time yet,hopefully

De veras cuanto sufrimiento pasamos los consumidores y cultivadores no es justo, a mi se me pone un dron de la Policía en mi patio a grabar mis plantas, al compañero de aquí en el foro la policía le requisa las plantas, luego los ladrones
​​intentar robar, y luego por fin después de tanto esfuerzo y sacrificio podemos llegar a cosechar las plantas, es todo una odisea pero resistiremos ante todo 💪💪

Humple W.

Yikes, I'm thankful we don't have to deal with any rippers where we live. Have a good friend who does a large outdoor grow every year (about 30 plants), and from late August to the middle of October he sleeps during the day so he can stay up all night in a tree-stand with an air-rifle, watching for rippers. He actually had to take a shot at one of them this season. Can't imagine the stress! Best of luck!

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
We Took down the Zamaldelica today; 50% amber. It feels good to have it hanging up. I visited some friends this morning ad came home with a nice sample of their grow this year and this afternoon whilst we were harvesting, some friends visited and left 5gms of Panama Haze cob! It's stressfull being a grower, but it has it's rewards

FletchF.Fletch

420club
Moon is right for Harvest guys. 3rd Quarter Gemini for two more days. 3rd & 4th Quarter Leo into 4th Quarter Virgo starting Oct 28th and running through November 1st, absolute optimum Harvest time for Lunar gardeners.

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
Moon is right for Harvest guys. 3rd Quarter Gemini for two more days. 3rd & 4th Quarter Leo into 4th Quarter Virgo starting Oct 28th and running through November 1st, absolute optimum Harvest time for Lunar gardeners.

Thats good to know. Do you happen to know about later in the year, end of Nov/begining of Dec?

FletchF.Fletch

420club
Thats good to know. Do you happen to know about later in the year, end of Nov/begining of Dec?

Hola Hombre del mont, for November, we have 3rd Quarter Gemini from the 19th-21st. Then 3rd-4th quarter Leo into 4th Quarter Virgo from the 24th-29th.

December has great harvest dates early and again later in the Month. 4th Quarter Sagittarius in a brief window for less than 24 hours on the 3rd-4th. Two weeks later we'll be back in Waning Moon with Harvest dates in 3rd Quarter Gemini for just a few hours on the 18th-19th, and also 3rd-4th Quarter Leo into 4th Quarter Virgo starting December 21st and running through the 26th.

Dates are all from the Llewellyn Moon Sign Book, an annual Lunar Gardening Guide published since 1905.

Humple W.

I ended up chopping her yesterday. Here are some sunlit pics of the main cola.
104.jpg
104 (1).jpg

Smells amazing!

wutwut

Veteran
winner@420giveaway
2.png
2-1.png

3.png
4.png

5-1.png
5.png

panama @ week 11 - going to chop at day 80
week 10 sample had very intense creepy rush and it lasted some time but after a while out of nowhere there wasn't high anymore. hmm maybe that's 100% sativa.

Attachments

• 2-1.png
    2-1.png
    503.4 KB · Views: 49

wutwut

Veteran
winner@420giveaway
all right, it's time to end this project and i'm happy with the results. panama was kinda hard to grow because i was using used soil, so it didn't have any micronutrients and things like that in it. but the panama is very giving strain as you can see. i had problems but she grew some nice colas. i chopped them down at day 80. i think they had about 35-65 clear/milky which i wanted for 100% sativa.

first i'm going to show you those random phenos. i wan't to save these two special phenos to end.

image.png - Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	529.7 KB ID:	17979218

r4.png - Click image for larger version  Name:	r4.png Views:	0 Size:	495.4 KB ID:	17979219
r4-1.png - Click image for larger version  Name:	r4-1.png Views:	0 Size:	500.3 KB ID:	17979220
r4-2.png - Click image for larger version  Name:	r4-2.png Views:	0 Size:	494.2 KB ID:	17979221

r6.png - Click image for larger version  Name:	r6.png Views:	0 Size:	514.8 KB ID:	17979222
r3.png - Click image for larger version  Name:	r3.png Views:	0 Size:	502.0 KB ID:	17979223
r9.png - Click image for larger version  Name:	r9.png Views:	0 Size:	500.2 KB ID:	17979224
r-11.png

r-11.png
r-11.png
r-11.png
r-11.png

wutwut

Veteran
winner@420giveaway
and here is my favourite of all. it's kinda same as one on above but has slight hints of lemon without too angry biowaste scent. i guess it is most close pheno to panama goddess? also it has some reddish/purple hues around leaves.

1.png
1-1.png
1-2.png
1-3.png
1-4.png
1-9.png
1-9.png
1-6.png
1-5.png
1-7.png
1-8.png

Attachments

• 1-10.png
    1-10.png
    532.4 KB · Views: 27

Cactus Squatter

Gotta love making a whole house smell like vanilla, lemon funk!
This Panama was an absolute pleasure to grow. Super easy to maintain and keep happy. Smells strongly of sweet lemon candy and slight vanilla with an underlying funkiness. Cuttings from the same plant grown from reg seeds in the early spring, she finally looked ready this week so I took them down yesterday morning.
The one on the left grew unmolested all year by bugs. The one on the right took the full frontal caterpillar assault and I lost almost 2/3 of her bulk to the little green bastards. She’s mostly gonna be a hash run to salvage what’s left which is still a lot of flower. Most of her tops are still perfect though.
8D6FB773-9ED4-43A4-BEDE-E62006E35E38.jpeg

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
Panama, Coming down tomorrow

wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

We took half of this plant 16 days ago but have left the rest to mature further. Most of what was harvested earlier has already been cobbed (for anyone who doesn't know of cobbed weed then check out Tangwena's thread https://www.icmag.com/forum/marijua...ing-processing/309936-malawi-style-cob-curing ). I would have liked a greater number of amber pistalls but we have bad weather coming so she's coming down.

Humple W.

Happy Harvests, fellow Panama growers!

Here are some pics of the just-dried buds from my recent outdoor harvest.

109.jpg
108 (1).jpg
108.jpg

My first (indoor) run of this plant was a bit rough, with outrageously high temps - I was certain that it cooked some of the goodness out of the flowers. I definitely enjoyed that flower, but I knew it wasn't nearly as good as it could have been, given better growing conditions. Well I'm happy to report that the outdoor harvest fully convinces me (and the wife) that this is an outstanding cultivar! Amazing and unique lemon soda, some hints of creamy vanilla, and some faint spices that I can't put my finger on. Right away, without any appreciable cure, she's tastier and more potent than the indoor run was. It's definitely heady, and even offers some euphoria, which is for me the most elusive cannabis effect (the only other plant I run that gives me euphoria is my sativa-dominant Blue Cheese from Big Buddha). Very, very pleased, as I always am when growing ACE genetics!

The wife has decided that this is her new favorite (though that can change from day to day if I'm being honest!). I already have another cutting in flower, in one of my tents, hoping to dial her in for the indoor runs, as I'm sure to want to grow her over the winter months as well! Though I suspect that nothing I can do inside will compare to good old Sun and Soil - I think they really bring out the best in her (and that sexy color, of course!)

Cactus Squatter

dubi Wow! You created a time machine with the Panama green pheno!
I just sampled a little that was put in jars 10 days ago and am so incredibly happy with the outcome. The entire grow the smell of these plants reminded me of the happier feeling smoke back in the early 90s in SoCal. I kept hoping it would turn out that way and have the same feeling.
Guess what… Same incredibly happy floating feeling, like my feet can just travel effortlessly to any good party and all I need is good friends and the beach. Except this is definitely more potent and refined than what we had then.
There’s a hint of vanilla and almost a light toffee smell along with a citrus note.
Solid old school flavor with a thickness to it. Not as “mouth coating” as my incense Panama x bangi haze was, but still lingers after exhale.

I can’t wait to see what a solid cure does for it. No more samples for a while. I’ll take some well lit photos of the trimmed buds when I crack them open again.