What's new

Panama x bangi haze

My tent is only 5’ tall.

5' is massive mate. I saw this post a while back by blynx who has maybe 3'. blynx led me to try home LED's, like the ones blynx is using in the pic below. Home LED'S are very useful where height is an issue. I tried home LED's on some CFL vegged plants that were shooting beyond my grow space height. The LED's made my plants stop stretching and produce loads more buds and resin almost like the pro's who post unbelievable images of resin laden plants here on ICmag; that look like they could be airbrushed-fakes. Although I now realise this was a matter of lacking in certain light bandwidths or light-colour. The LED's were only low wattage 6watts bulbs, but with only a handful of Red (Warm white) home LED's the whole of the plants started budding right out. Although the LED's stopped the stretching, the yield hasn't depreciated, and my plants still produced a full yield. I added a CFL for more lumens and this worked fine in tandem. Some of the guys are using commonly available 11watts plus home LED bulbs, so a bit more powerful. However, when clustered together, 'literally ANY' home LED's can make significant wattage and lumens. So string a few together, and get them over the top of those ladies to stop the stretching, and producing more buds and resin. You will never worry about stretching again. Once your plants are tall enough, you can add some home LED's, and the stretching stops. Lamp-holder fittings are negligible, and can be bought from less than £1. They just need wire and a plug, though I appreciate this stuff can mount up to the cost of a proper lamp. But for a few pounds, you can stop stretchy plants becoming unviable. I can only recommend the ULTRABRITE brand home LED's pictured below, though I am told this it is a common trait for Red home LED's to make plants grow very squat; except that Blue LED's stretches them, but they still squat by normal standards. Some of the guys like blynx use Blue to stretch them before flowering, cus the plants are too squat using just Red LED's. Heh, hehh, too squat! Can you believe this; You probably will? I was putting off getting a full blown LED lamp cus of the problems I had with CFL's causing stretching, over-veggin and not flowering until very late; and then I bought a CFL lamp that induces flowering in less than two weeks. Deliberately not named here, hoping they will change their ways, and I am grateful for any of their work. But the alarm bells began to ring. Would I ever get a decent routine CFL grow. I thought that purpose made grow LED's would be a case of more trial and error. I have been looking everywhere for reviews of purpose made LED grow lamps. There were only a few reviews of any use at all. Suddenly blynx amazing intellect entered, and home LED's were given a try. Then the epiphany; a moment of sudden and great revelation or realization! At last, I can stop stretching basically whenever I want. Home LED's are very cheap too, from £1; and to make more lumens everyone is taking the filter-caps off; which leads to some scary electric shock hazards from the 240volt pins, inappropriately placed, and sticking out of the centre of the home LED's. Like, you were workin, and put your hand too near, Ouch!!!__ But if you can deal wif dat, then you can fit anything in your 5' space.

The reason for increased lumens by taking the filter-caps off home LED's, is well explained here, in;
Why I Break The Diffuser Off My LED "Bulbs" For My Grow Light Panels https://youtu.be/JG_iXOIb1tk

Google the brand ULTRABRITE, to see where to get them, wink wink.
Ultrabrite_399087.jpg
Ultrabrite_599087.jpg

blynx is using home LED's here, with their noteable filter-caps removed, which can be unrecognisable to the untrained eye. Note the squatness of the plant. Following pic shows final growth from a single plant. Blnyx's LED CAB space concept deliberately ties plants down to encourage side growth, maximising yield from a single plant, while side growth is also very short and squat, especially under Red home LED's. The side growing plants become full size colas, like clones, but without the cutting. You can see more of blynx posts here: https://www.icmag.com/forum/marijuan...0#post10943498 and here https://www.icmag.com/forum/marijua...-other-cfl-micro-cabs?p=10869164#post10869164

image_444368267_1a2.jpg

image_444368267_1a2b.jpg

Attachments

• image_444368267_1a2.jpg
    image_444368267_1a2.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 60

jwm

Veteran
The stretch starts. Fed molasses w/ yesterday’s watering. Will use molasses twice more in flower. I’m a quasi traditionalist, less is more. I add recharge every third week and will feed dr earth flower girl the 5th week in flower.
A98D1F01-9559-4597-A1AF-ECD57C56FF2E.jpeg

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Looking perfectly happy and healthy jwm ;) well done! The use LEDs truly helps to reduce stretching in early flowering compared with HPS.

Panama x Bangi Haze has a sativa/indica hybrid look during growth, later in flowering show all her sativa personality.
Excited with the start of the flowering! Thanks for the frequent updates. Best wishes!

jwm

Veteran
3A013CA7-4A6E-4061-AF91-8D96C515B710.jpeg
Hey dubi-
thx!
yeah I’m always a bit more excited at the start of flowering.
Question, how much stretch can I expect? Doesn’t look like she’s slowing down.

Koondense

Veteran
Beautiful plant, i would open her main branches to level the lower ones, control the canopy for a week and prepare for proper flowering. She will be a very nice bush :)
Good job!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi jwm, Panama x Bangi Haze usually stretches during the first month of flowering max, increasing 50 % the size approx.

Final stretching is difficult to estimate accurately unless you have previous data with the same clone on same conditions. It also depends a lot on many variables (seed vs clone, feeding, photoperiod, size of the pot, etc ...), but your female looks quite compact since the start so i don't think she will give you much problems with the size.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Prob 1 more week of veg will have to work. My tent is only 5’ tall.

You are growing Ace sativas in a 5' tent? Ballz!!! I am digging this thread and it is reinforcing my confidence to try to run sativas. The compactness of your vegged plants is like what I have been getting, and it has been manageable.

jwm

Veteran
You are growing Ace sativas in a 5' tent? Ballz!!! I am digging this thread and it is reinforcing my confidence to try to run sativas. The compactness of your vegged plants is like what I have been getting, and it has been manageable.
I didn’t veg long but some of their 100% strains may be a challenge unless you’re diligent on your pruning.
I love the sativa’s and smoke it primarily.
Thx

jwm

Veteran
This girls getting extra attention.
Since I only have one going this run I thought tilting the lights might be helpful?
FEE77159-D2D4-42D6-8A9A-CB6546B70479.jpeg

jwm

Veteran
Click image for larger version  Name:	635DD0AF-3D41-4C2C-A0CA-F3A86184B6F2.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	124.5 KB ID:	17842159
18 days in flower.
This plant has reacted extremely well to me exposing bud sites. Doesn’t take but a couple days after I expose a site for it to really take off.
Every night I take a select few so less stress on the plant.
happy farmer. :)
Was dumb to do just one.
Will feed early next week.
lights @ 15”

Last edited:

jeezooz

I defoliate quite aggressively in the last week of veg and first two weeks of bloom precisely to expose the bud sites lower down to light. The plants trained this way look a bit miserable until new leaves fill the space between colas but it pays off at harvest

Latest posts

Latest posts