What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Why no propagation/cloning forum ICMAG??

Why no propagation/cloning forum ICMAG??

• Total voters
U

Ultra Current

Freezerboy i really never wanted a cloning thread by the way, i just enjoy arguing with you and peeing further than you. Watch me pee far enough to reach that jar over there.

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
why do we need a whole forum for cloning? there are a million cloning threads and links to the best cloning thread pinned to the top of EVERY forum in the growing section in the list of links post.

people need to learn how to read. shit i bet you dollars to donuts that even if we had a cloning forum people would be opening a new thread every week asking for cloning help and how come we don't have a cloning forum?

what we really need like optic suggested is a READ THIS BEFORE ASKING ANYTHING section/thread like it was on OG. i read through that whole goddamn guide/book before i posted my first post anywhere and it was very helpful and from there i spent most of my posting time helping other people as i didn't need to ask too many questions after reading through that goddamn book.

the policy for n00bs on here should be just like it was on OG. READ THIS GODDAMN BOOK... if you still need to know something THEN you can make a thread.

Chimera

Genetic Resource Management
Veteran
IC has no use and no need for a cloning forum. It's a waste of time, effort, bandwidth, space and money.

>> This might hold some water as a valid argument, if IC had not general hobbies forums repite with utter nonsense unrelated to cannabis gobbling up valuable resources. Or how about trimming the database of old useless threads of the Yumybud ilk (+10 points for a Yummy reference!)
Oh yeah, then there's the infamous toker's den.. certainly a repository of higher knowledge. :rolleyes: As it stands right now, you may as well just say "I don't want a cloning forum, so there won't be one" because the reasons given otherwise are pretty weak. :comfort:

Someone else said above, that there is no need for a cloning forum because 'there are millions of them stickied at the top of every other forum'. If that isn't evidence of the forum's usefulness, I don't know what is.

C'mon... stop being a big meanie give the kids their forum... who doesn't really want the end all be all forum of all things cloning? You know you want it, don't be ashamed.

Lovingly (hey, it's Xmas.. the giving season!),
-Chimera

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This is an International forum,, with its roots the UK/Netherlands... the whole subject of 'clones' then differs from region to region, location to location, and the forum has since grown. Traditionally, "clone sub-fora" online, have been avoided to prevent any SECURITY RISKS that may later arise in relation to any perspective "clone-sharing activities" amid often STUPID online members... which may otherwise compromise themselves or others later in the same manner.

It ALSO prevents pestering ... from all those ppl that want whatever clone is in vogue at the time.

Edit: Arguably ,, with clone culture so accessible due to ease of method,, it is more knowledgeable (long-term) for ICMAG to remain focused on SEEDS, how they grow, and how their children grow as SEEDS into the future ,, IMHO. Otherwise we may soon loose the whole 'culture' to clone-pimps and "clone-clubs" , just my 2 stalks.

Peace n Love all
Hope this helps

Herborizer

Veteran
While some are convinced that cloning is a voodoo art, I don't. Like anything scientific, there are controls. All it takes is very motivated individuals to work together to tighten the controls and perform a lot of experimentation.

This is why if there was a dedicated sub-forum for cloning & mothering, this collaboration would be more tightly focused.

Budley Doright

Veteran
>> This might hold some water as a valid argument, if IC had not general hobbies forums repite with utter nonsense unrelated to cannabis gobbling up valuable resources. Or how about trimming the database of old useless threads of the Yumybud ilk (+10 points for a Yummy reference!)
Oh yeah, then there's the infamous toker's den.. certainly a repository of higher knowledge. :rolleyes: As it stands right now, you may as well just say "I don't want a cloning forum, so there won't be one" because the reasons given otherwise are pretty weak. :comfort:

Someone else said above, that there is no need for a cloning forum because 'there are millions of them stickied at the top of every other forum'. If that isn't evidence of the forum's usefulness, I don't know what is.

C'mon... stop being a big meanie give the kids their forum... who doesn't really want the end all be all forum of all things cloning? You know you want it, don't be ashamed.

Lovingly (hey, it's Xmas.. the giving season!),
-Chimera

I did get a laugh from this comment...

I especially like the logic of

How about freezer boy creating a thread of cloning techs????

One of those high read threads is mine....

The thing I brought to the table was the idea that clones need temps that before were considered detrimental....

up to 85 degrees....

I may be the only thread that says to clone well you need a thermometer.....

Recently I had conversation with a friend about doing a thread about how to take 12 inch clones....

A very cool thing me thinks....

If only we had a forum for such a thread.....

I like the title

Cloning and propagation....

There have been recent advances in air layering... grafting and micropropagation....

When I did my thread I didnt know where to put it....

my cloning method would be very good in most mediums....

but I figured it would get the most reads in soil....

IMO this technique would work in hydro quite well ....

but not one person in doing hydro has ever tried it since its not in the hydro section......

I can bet you one thing for sure.....

A forum with cloning and propagation would get way more reads than some of your other forums.....

guaran fing teed....

I must offer some congratulations.....

this thread has been hidden quite successfuly....

I would have never found it....

WHich imo speaks to the likelyhood of its being successful....

Why no cloning section?

Why no cloning section?

There is a good tut in the indoor grows- soil section, But i kinda wish i could browse a section just on cloning to see what everyone is doing. Am i alone on this? I mean, look at all the topics in the hobbie section, wouldn't hurt to put cloning (something people can have difficulty with) somewhere here:rasta:

NOKUY

Veteran
There is a good tut in the indoor grows- soil section, But i kinda wish i could browse a section just on cloning to see what everyone is doing. Am i alone on this? I mean, look at all the topics in the hobbie section, wouldn't hurt to put cloning (something people can have difficulty with) somewhere here:rasta:

prolly because the owner of the site sells seeds...not clones :dunno:

i'd like a clone section too...i used to be really good at cloning, but my last few rounds only got about a 10% SUCK-cess rate

MrBelvedere

ICMag Donor
Aero cloners are infamous for immediate catastrophic failure. One day everything's jake, the next everything dies. Usually this is due to improper cleaning. Field strip and sterilize between runs.

I totally agree. Aero EZ CLONERS are asking for disaster. People who want to clone should start with tried and true simple methods: rinsed rockwool, Dixie cups with pure perlite, oasis cubes, rinsed coco, etc, root riots. Experiment with using domes and not using domes. *Experiment* with misting and non misting. Experiment with temps and humidity. Learning to clone has nothing to do with having a sub forum for the already existing millions of posts and videos of people successfully cloning using simple methods. It is all about experimenting with several methods in parallel rather than trying one method a month. Experiment and experiment until you learn what works in your room. Cloning is one of the simplest and most important skills you can learn and really you don't need more than a mother with green fresh veg growth, rinsed rockwool cubes, a clean razor, clone gel, proper temp & humidity, and experimentation to get it right. Aerocloners are more difficult than the simple ways imo, and you can only experiment with a limited number of clones, with cubes you can make hundreds of cuts to experiment.

Most clone factories use rockwool cubes, that indicates its efficiency and likelihood for success.

This is a General Growing concept everyone should be familiar with.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bNFfvizBFSE This old video shows four different SIMPLE ways to clone and goes step by step, just try them. The cloning howto starts at 30:00 and is 45 minutes long. The whole video beginning to end is great for starting SOG style perpetual grows. Good luck.

-- edit: if anything, icmag should reduce the amount of sub forums, it gets too confusing with so many sub forums for niche topics. The stickies should be updated, cleaned up, sub forums reduced, etc.

Newbie section
General growing
Infirmary
Breeding
Regional
Tokens den
Vendor section
News / activism
:)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts