What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New Jersey Laws???

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
Since no NJ forum, even though they just legalized recreational, posting here. Does anyone know the current growing laws? Nothing mentioned in any of the articles I have read. Only useful information I saw, was under 6 ounces legal.

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
Looks like recreational use is legal but growing plants is still a felony.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chrisro...h=2dfdefaa4e33

Thanks. That is what I expected. Had heard that they were not allowed to use excuse of smell a couple of years ago, and found this in NJ.com article. Says specifically they can not harass minors for smell and then search. I am hoping it is a roadblock for them being able to harass indoor growers. Could see outdoor growing very easy to bust just using a drone to spy on property. I was very surprised how little they are taxing it. Just standard sales tax, plus towns can add one or two percent. Heard Colorado has insane VAT (Value Added Tax).

The decriminalization law allows people to possess up to six ounces of marijuana without legal consequence. But the new law on underage penalties for using marijuana also bars police from stopping young people if they smell marijuana, and allows them to only give out warnings to young people.

If they knowingly break that law and wrongfully detain someone, they can be charged with deprivation of civil rights.

“This language is anti-police rhetoric at its worst and its consequences will be real,” the state Policemen’s Benevolent Association said in a statement. “Underage users of marijuana will be free to smoke it anywhere, including in places the bill says is illegal, because merely stopping a person to enforce the law is now illegal for police.”

spadedNfaded

Veteran
I just heard the law says you can possess up to 1oz without penalty and from 1.01-6 ounces with a $50 fine.

sshz

Nothing will happen until towards the end of 2022..........top shelf quality is expected to be on the $375-$400 range, figuring in all the taxes and crap.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Since no NJ forum, even though they just legalized recreational, posting here. Does anyone know the current growing laws? Nothing mentioned in any of the articles I have read. Only useful information I saw, was under 6 ounces legal.

In my mooooooooost humblest of opinion... Who the hell needs 6oz as personal possession and not allowed to grow. More importantly, who TF carried more than an oz on his/her person without the intent to trafficking? FO!

Latest posts

Latest posts