What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

MY LITTLE SOG GOES 1000W

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
The last time I had 36 clones in at 4 per sq/ft, true SOG style and dry weight was 1Ib 3.4 oz. Enough for myself and friends.

We will just have to see what 16 topped clones will do under 1000W.

just been reading that thread mate... excellent stuff :)

High Country

Give me a Kenworth truck, an 18 speed box and I'll
Veteran
dank.frank
JamieShoes
*mistress*
reefa cheefa

Cheers, lot's more to come.

High Country

Veteran
Three days into 18/6 and the plants are growing, time to top them.

Just for a laugh I tried the FIM technique. I've never done this before so should be interesting to see what happens. I did the same to the new mums.

AFTER THE FIM

picture.php

NEW COLAS DEVELOPING

picture.php

I will probably flip to 12/12 on day 7 of veg, I'll just let the new colas develop for a while.

No return of spider mites yet and the clones seem to be making a reasonable recovery since they were taken from mite infected mums.

The new 1000W lamp is performing well, no problems with the temps. The lamp is about 24" from the tops of the clones.

High Country

Veteran
I just lost power for 3 hours. The wood fire was burning so I was still warm.

At least I didn't have to deal with a hot re-start of the lamp. Everything is now back up and running.

AfroSheep

I am who I am coz I is who I is.
looking good man cant wait to see more, you ever think of experimenting with different strains?

High Country

Veteran
looking good man cant wait to see more, you ever think of experimenting with different strains?

G'day Afro, one day I would like to try a tall lanky sativa. Not sure how that would go in a SOG style grow.

I like the indica dominant strain I have because it clones easily, stays short and is a nice laid back smoke, quite relaxing at the end of the day.

The 1000W lamp is firing, maybe the extra lumens would be good for a stretchy sativa if I put the clones straight onto 12/12.

I will probably flip this current run on to 12/12 in 3 days. Multiple cola sites now forming, quite different to the normal single cola style SOG.

More to come, stay safe in the land of the long white cloud.

Squiggles

any chance of some pics of your reservoir setup
looking at setting up a mains feed top up tank to my rez
your thoughts mate

also whats your feeding schedule

High Country

Veteran
any chance of some pics of your reservoir setup
looking at setting up a mains feed top up tank to my rez
your thoughts mate

also whats your feeding schedule

I'll do a proper measurement on the change over to 12/12. I think the res is about a 100 litre tub, the pump is a 24V thing, quite small but more than adequate.\

Have back up pumps cos I am very remote.

I'll take some res pics tomorrow. Main thing is get the ebb/flow fittings in the tray right. When you harvest be careful roots in the vicinity of the drain don't entangle and rip it out when you take out the root mass.

Feeding, I start clones on 1.5 EC and increase .1 EC each week.

Pretty high but works for me.

Squiggles

cheers mate

also how may times an hour would you flood the table
last time i had this out i grew chillis and only turned the pump on once in three hours

High Country

Veteran
Squiggles, these are the basics of the res set up.

TRAY AND SOG

picture.php

BENEATH TRAY 13 MM POLY PIPE INLET, 19 MM DRAIN HOSE

picture.php

RES. IT NEEDS A TOP UP, THE GIRLS ARE DRINKING HEAVILY

picture.php

The inlet pipe to the tray is connected to a 24V Waterwerks 1000 litre per hour pump, more than enough. A water heater is in the res set at 24C or 75F. I also have two air stones in it, keeps them oxygenated and the nutes well mixed.

I flood 15 minutes every 3 hours. In veg mode I don't flood during lights off. However on the 12/12 flowering cycle I will flood once during lights off.
Hope this helps.

High Country

Veteran
One more thing I just top up the res manually, don't want to over complicate things and gives me a chance to check the girls and EC level. I change the res every two weeks.

High Country

Veteran
IT APPEARS THE FIM, "FUCK I MISSED" METHOD OF PRUNING WORKED. MULTIPLE COLAS DEVELOPING

picture.php

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
haha sweet high country! i love the FIM too my mate just did his clones and they're all unleashing 4 tops out of the initial growing top! will just require a more extensive veg time to get the most out of the 4 tops. thanks for sharing about your set up too by the by, good info. hope you have a sweet weekend mate!

darwin

High Country

Veteran
how much N you feeding? they look bizarre

I don't know what the N is. Pretty much standard hydro nutes, I'll have to read the label one day.

This strain does develop leaf curl no matter what the medium, hydro-soil. The nutrient regime makes no difference to this characteristic either

High Country

Veteran
THE FLIP, 12/12

THE FLIP, 12/12

Let's get these girls flowering! Pre flowers will start to form quickly with this strain. Multiple cola sites from the FIM. I'm letting the lateral growth stay if it remains close to the main stem.

DAY 1, 12/12

picture.php

Bloom nutes are in, EC 1.5, lamp on 12/12, flood once every 3 hours and once in the middle of light off.

Lamp has been lowered 6", temps stable.

Mother plants are developing nicely for the next clone run in 3-4 weeks.

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
sweet stuff! how many weeks you think you'll flower these ones for i think i remember you wanting to play with harvest time between 6, 7, 8 weeks. also sorry if you've already mentioned this somewhere mate, but do you know much about your strain or was it grown from bag seed? looks really bushy and unique!

darwin

High Country

Veteran
sweet stuff! how many weeks you think you'll flower these ones for i think i remember you wanting to play with harvest time between 6, 7, 8 weeks. also sorry if you've already mentioned this somewhere mate, but do you know much about your strain or was it grown from bag seed? looks really bushy and unique!

darwin

Hey darwin how's it going? I'll try for 7-8 weeks with this lot and see if 1000W makes a difference.

My strain began about 8 years ago. Bagseed. From the seed within I germinated about 10 and found a mix of sativa indica types.

I cloned both and grew them out. The sativa and the indica had the same licorice smell. At that time I decided to keep the indica and kept the clones I previously worked out were girls, now mums.

I miss the sativa pheno, fuck all yield but good sativa high.

Latest posts

Latest posts